Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I wonder if they are going to keep the extremely low damage on swipe as well. People where reporting that it does a quarter of the damage it does on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocueto909 View Post
    I wonder if they are going to keep the extremely low damage on swipe as well. People where reporting that it does a quarter of the damage it does on live.
    Blizz has stated that they know the damage output is low and will address the damage/threat of our abilities once they've cemented our basic structure. Number-tweaking games come last.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. And that is the only thing that still worries me a bit about blizzards roadmap. They still seem to have a lot of difficulties to let go of the "spam a button, otherwise you get bored" idea. While i completely support their "make mana management count for healers again" approach, i really don't get those 3 sec dirtcheap filler heals they wanna force every healer into using now. A good healer should just wait for mana and watch the combat for the next batch of incoming dmg when having all bases covered and not just replace the rejuvenation spam with nourish spam.
    Concerning button spam with Bear swipe, I believe it will be a combination of the 6 second CD and rage becoming a precious resource again. In all honesty, with current content, when's the last time beyond the first couple seconds of a fight that bears have been concerned how much rage they have? With Maul being a rage dump instead of a static rage cost, we'll have to pay more attention to what we use and when we use it instead of "I can make a single-button macro and just mash it to death while watching TV and win!"

Concerning the cheaper healing moves, it's really a lost art that they're trying to bring back. It's all about downranking to maximize mana. Nowadays, it's not really worth it because of how Blizz changed the system to make downranking too costly. Back in classic, specifically for druids, it was all about Healing Touch (Rank 4)... what made that special? It had a lower cast time than Rank 5 and above, the mana cost was dirty cheap while the heal kept the same healing power modifier as max rank HT, and it was highly effective during times when you didn't have to deal with burst damage. Instead of going back to downranking, Blizz is giving healers an equivalent of a downranked heal, it's just a completely new spell (or modified old one).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

•Swipe now deals 171 base damage, down from 214.
    Nerfed again

Why did you just revive this dead topic.... They had buffed it a LOT since this was first posted...