Question Now that Spirit Tap is gone...

Do you think leveling a priest will be harder, if you go shadow? Maybe I am not within the majority here when I say I really enjoyed spirit tap, so its a bit of a downer to see it go. What do you guys think? This a good/bad change? Should they make it a mastery, or would that be a bit much?
    I am calypso, and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrain View Post
    Do you think leveling a priest will be harder, if you go shadow? Maybe I am not within the majority here when I say I really enjoyed spirit tap, so its a bit of a downer to see it go. What do you guys think? This a good/bad change? Should they make it a mastery, or would that be a bit much?
    You realise since each tree has 1 mastery bonus having spirit tap as the mastery would mean u lose shadow orbs and make shadow priests dp less dps than every other dps class.

Deleted
    We stil got disperse dont we ?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gone from talents, maybe it will become baseline. Although with the change to mind flay being 5 seconds, and hopefully more ticks, we might not have as many mana issues early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it becomes a trainable passive skill or something, not least because mana will be much more of an issue in cata and Spirit tap was one of the few effective ways Shadow priests could get it back.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

They've fixed up the mana regen a good bit already on live, and I've been hearing good things still about it leveling up on beta. It may be a bit of a downer, but I don't think it will make the leveling game any more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mini98 View Post
    You realise since each tree has 1 mastery bonus having spirit tap as the mastery would mean u lose shadow orbs and make shadow priests dp less dps than every other dps class.
    Sorry, poor choice of wording on my part. I meant one of the passive mastery bonuses. I am not exactly sure WHAT we have for shadow priest when it comes to the passive bonuses.
    I am calypso, and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum View Post
    They've fixed up the mana regen a good bit already on live, and I've been hearing good things still about it leveling up on beta. It may be a bit of a downer, but I don't think it will make the leveling game any more difficult.
    This!

People shouldn't base ability-loss-QQ on the current state if the game. Mana-Regen is being revamped and it will benefit the leveling process for every class.

Quote Originally Posted by mini98 View Post
    Do you mean now or in cata? Cause now they are fine, trying and post "Shadow does the least dps" on the shaman forums and they will tear you apart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    Do you mean now or in cata? Cause now they are fine, trying and post "Shadow does the least dps" on the shaman forums and they will tear you apart.
    Cause shadow orbs are on live right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it seems you will level disc as they ahve an early evanglism/archangel mana regen gimmick for leveling. As of right now I don't see shadow leveling being very eventful with mana regen

From the reports I've heard from Beta, Mana Generation at lower levels has been buffed significantly, so much so, you no longer having to find yourself wanding your way down a foe.

Shardie has it right. The second a caster below level 20 drops combat, they almost have full mana before they can even sit down to drink (hence mages not even getting conjure water until later).

Spirit Tap was "required" talents to make Priests actually worthwhile to level. Now that it's made unnecessary, spending three points there isn't beneficial to their new design. I can safely say "Good riddance".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~