Page 1 of 2
LastLast

warlock leveling psychologically slow ?

so my lock is 51 using the draintanking method as its considered the fastest. But i feel like i am going really slow even though i have several corpses at my feet in a matter of seconds, i still feel that getting quests done is quite slow even though i have alot of fun doing it. Does anyone feel this when playing lock ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels slow because you feel like a god and nothing poses any difficulty.
    Respec destro, nuke 2-3 mobs, /sit & /drink, nuke 2-3 mobs, /sit & /drink, nuke 2-3 mobs, /sit & /drink etc... After a few quests you'll get soooo bored of the /sit & /drink part you will respec back to that SL/SL and understand why it's so powerfull and fun.
    The "walk into the middle of 10-15 mobs, DoT them all, jump around them like a mad man while they drop like flies around you and you come out at full mana/health" is one of the fastest leveling specs in game.
    You can just keep going at it, doting and killing everything until you hit 80. You can literally start at the bottom of the map and run around dotting everything around you until you end up at the top of the map with everything around you dead and you didn't need to stop once! That's not slow... that's so op that it becomes boring!
    Find some higher level mobs that will be a problem and will get you killed a few times... That should spice things up!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

i leveled destro and affliction and i never had to stop for food or drink once and i perfered destro for the huge crits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    But i feel like i am going really slow even though i have several corpses at my feet in a matter of seconds, i still feel that getting quests done is quite slow
    You are fast but you're slow?

i dont get this either lol.

im going through loremaster now on my lock and it is insanely easy...mostly because i never have to stop walking...at all...seriously.

it's op but awesome

Deleted
    I leveled my warlock as des/demo. meh.

Drain tanking as in dots then drain life? When I leveled my lock as afflic I just alt tabbed through loads of mobs putting two or three dots on them didn't seem slow.

maybe he's killing green and grey mobs?... go orange...

yea i think its because i have done the same quests 3 times on alts that it seems like i am getting nowhere. One more thing, is it good to go demonology once i get to outlands cause of the elite mobs or stay affliction?

respec affly e u are The Immortal

I remember I once pulled 6 mobs in zangarmarsh, activated metamorphosis + immolation aura, waited 7 seconds, and all mobs were dead when I was at 70% health. Then some douchebag told me to respec to destro and fuckin' enchant stuff because it got the best DPS which doesn't matter in lvl 60-67 dungeons. I quested in Nagrand at that time, and after 3 mobs I was oom, and I couldn't solo any elite mob. Finally, when I went to northrend. I respecced affliction, and I was litterally immortal against any mobs, and I didn't drink or eat a single time during quests before I got to lvl 75.

Read the OP post guys. He's not having trouble killing mobs. He's saying that questing seems slow.

Which considering his level, is a problem with Azeroth, not him. The 50s can go fast if you know where to go, otherwise they will take forever.
    So at 51, if you haven't already(Azshara and Hinterlands are a bit low, but definitely worthwhile):
    - Azshara's quest horde chain, out of the horde camp(IIRC it's horde only). It takes 20 min(less if you can get a mage to help you) and will net you half a level.
    - Hinterlands, tons of quests that can be done at en mass.

- Felwood. Not too many quests, but they're all kill or simple go-here and get x. Very few random mob drop quests. Can also just grind the deadwood furbolgs for XP.
    - Ungoro. Nice compact zone with a ton of quests, you can run around the zone and do all the quests. If horde can also start the Raptor mount questline.
    - Winterspring. A lot of chains, and there are the 58-60 frost giants which can be readily solo'd from 55 up(CoW-Corr-UA-fear-DL filler) If Ally can start the frostsaber mount questline.
    If you have anything left before 58 pop over into silithus. All those bugs will net very nice XP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Always kill everything in your path. If you see mobs, kill them as you walk past. If you don't see mobs, dismount and start riding. Dismount rather than go around mobs. The XP gain is worth it.

As for questing, Jame's Alliance Leveling Guide at wowpro.com is highly recommended. Check the sticky to review your dps strategy if you think its inefficient.

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 10:14 AM ----------

Update: I think I get it. You're bored leveling. Warlock is about 2-3 spells on everything and keep going as they die. This is insanely fast, but because it's completely brainless you can go numb and start slowing down. You need to find a way to keep it interesting for you. For me, I used my pet abilities and ensured I was silencing and devouring magic all the time as practice for PVP. I used fear creatively to have one mob pull more mobs for me. I used 6-10 mobs with just corruption on them to heal bot me as I engaged pvp-flagged horde, effectively being invincible.

Hope that helps.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by mcpain View Post
    i dont get this either lol.

im going through loremaster now on my lock and it is insanely easy...mostly because i never have to stop walking...at all...seriously.

it's op but awesome
    Uh....Doing low level quest on an 80 has nothing to do with the actual leveling as a warlock.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I used 6-10 mobs with just corruption on them to heal bot me as I engaged pvp-flagged horde, effectively being invincible.
    Now why didn't i think of that?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

to be honest, 50-58 is a big drag anyway, quests are dotted all over the place, just keep grinding it out, as soon as you hit 58 its all smooth sailing

1-30 = slow, 30+ = super speed and super fun

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I used fear creatively to have one mob pull more mobs for me. I used 6-10 mobs with just corruption on them to heal bot me as I engaged pvp-flagged horde, effectively being invincible.
    damn you gherkin you have just inspired me to level another lock (3rd one now) to try that out

The easier it feels is how many more mobs at a time you should be pulling. Try soloing some of the 3-5 man quests because believe me leveling through any mobs as a class that can either 2 shot them or put 2 dots on them and wait for them to die is pretty freaking boring.

Most players do not die to normal farm mobs, that part of pve for any class is boring unless u over pull or under leveled or some other noob-ish mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micvampir View Post
    i leveled destro and affliction and i never had to stop for food or drink once and i perfered destro for the huge crits
    If you mean that you never had to stop for drinking/eating while you leveled as destro, you have to explain that to me please, I seem to be missing something.
    to me it means that you used life tap to gain mana and then drain life to regain the health, which is a REAL pita as destro... huge crits yay.