Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do shaman changes feel a bit underwhelming?

Is it me or are there any other agree with me? Ofc its beta and too early for talking about final dps rankings but from my point both elemental and enhance is almost same while other similar competitor specs (retri, balance) got almost a whole mechanic change.Since I havent seen any "we are working on a major overhaul" I fear shaman dps will be underdog again in cata

Huge changes don't neccesarily mean more dps.

It's Blizzard, and it's Shamans, come on mate, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    It's Blizzard, and it's Shamans, come on mate, get used to it.
    this a thousend times

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    Huge changes don't neccesarily mean more dps.
    Playing a class in wow is not all about dps mate.

I find others changes waaaaaay more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Playing a class in wow is not all about dps mate.

I find others changes waaaaaay more fun.
    OP is saying he thinks Shaman DPS is going to be the underdog in Cata. That was my response on that.

Oh Them Lava Bursts now arent enough?!

Here

Shaman Spell:
    Overpower Ghost Wolf Lava Thunder Ball
    Instacast
    Does Over 900000 Dmg

I also moaned about talent trees are still pretty much same and there is no news for big changes.
    Also yes, since every other class can give buffs you are giving to raid (hell it will feel dumb putting windfury while retri paladin gives both its effect and another %3 damage increase) you expect competiting with their dps at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLeo View Post
    Oh Them Lava Bursts now arent enough?!

Here

Shaman Spell:
    Overpower Ghost Wolf Lava Thunder Ball
    Instacast
    Does Over 900000 Dmg
    Why do I find it sooooo ironic to read this from a paladin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, shaman changes are underwhelming and Cata ships tomorrow.

Deleted
    Well i don't feel its the same, also blizzard probably haven't focus on shaman so much so i expect more changes to come.

It is underwhelming, that's why we have alts (or new mains).

As much as it's not as "game changing" as some would like, I've been waiting for elemental shamans to get earthquake for a loooooonnnngggg time now.

So I am happy.

PS: Lava burst overload also says, "Hi" to your damage meters.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-07-23 at 08:49 AM.

I have to agree about shamans underwhelming, and I don't care about dps but total amount of changes, you say that its still time we will get ours and bla bla bla yada yada yada, but sorry why EVERY OTHER CLASS gets changes NOW, we are some kind of 'special care' class that we need to be done alone far from others ? look at the newest blue post with changes and see how many *new* stuff all other classes gets when we just get minimal changes in text of old talents/skills, I'm not saying that shaman will be weaker or something, when everyone will get shiny new toys at the beginning of the cata we will get the same toys we got last year for Christmas but with few tweaks and some blood stains that our daddy blizzard left why making those tweaks last second in his garage.
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    we will get the same toys we got last year for Christmas but with few tweaks and some blood stains that our daddy blizzard left why making those tweaks last second in his garage.
    Thanks for making my day

Edit: Although, i can't realy wait to be able to toss a Windfury in someones face with Unleash Weapon.
    Gonna be Legen.. Wait for it... DARY!

Deleted
    I don't know about you, but compared to paladin changes, every class seem underwhelming... But as everyone says, it's still beta (:

shamans shouldnt dps they should all heal and be grateful they can heal now that they dont have the only heroism i spit on your class

They are a bit underwhelming, I agree with you, but you should complain about this on the official forums, if you want us to have any chance of being changed until the release.

Quote Originally Posted by togun View Post
    shamans shouldnt dps they should all heal and be grateful they can heal now that they dont have the only heroism i spit on your class
    Very mature. I am still amazed on how the people on teh interwebz are able to construct sentences without any kind of punctuation.
    I'M SIGNIN MAH POST!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cearat
    Salty Ballz the Patient.
    Cuz, ya know, it ain't getting lai... Yeah, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    the amount of bad grammer in this thread is fail

Shit I was under the impression that my shaman was already fun but reading all these responses maybe I agree that a total revamp of every single spell is needed.