Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I hate that I have to play a "Frost warrior" instead of a Death knight , or just suck

I have played many MMORPGS and RPGs , all of which a Death knight (Shadow knight , Dark knight , etc) is always someone who uses 2 handed swords , or a 2 handed scythe and has spells that deal with things like draining life , shadow dmg DoT , etc

But in WoW , my DK has to be themed about... fucking... ice?! and use 2 weird single handed axes? or else I suck

I sware man... I started out blood , then went unholy (This is all along time ago) Unholy was better than blood by a little , but then frost was WAYYYYYYYYY stronger than unholy

Yesterday I was feeling like maybe... "Screw this I'm gonna do unholy and just be mediocre!" but you know what happened? I copied elitist jerks spec/glyphs/everything (and I already knew rotation from my old days of being unholy spec) and attended a weekly raid of Noth the plaguebringer (No better place to test dps than a straight tank and spank)

I pulled... freaking under 7k (During with heroism up the whole fight omg) coming in a PATHETIC 5th place (Out of 8) and lost to even a lesser gear Ret pally and Enh shaman

So this just re-confirms to me how much frost smashes unholys face , and reaffirms my DK is stuck being a lore-breaking weirdo ass frost warrior for life....

Blood = Tank/Mediocre DPS (But fits typical DK lores)
    Unholy = Mediocre DPS (But fits typical DK lores)
    Frost = Effortless massive DPS , like a rogue (But absolutley does not fit lore , this shits an ice warrior as far as I'm concerned )
    GG on making the weirdest rendition of a death knight class ever blizzard -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to start.

Edit: Going to give it a shot tough:

First of all: Death Knights (and similar classes) in other games aren't the same as the ones in WoW. If Blizzard decides that Death Knights use a pizza as main weapon then Death Knight in WoW are all about pizza, whatever other games may say.

Frost Death Knights aren't by any means lore breaking. Before WotLK all Death Knights in the lore where unholy. But a class with only one spec / theme doesn't work out that well. In the starting zone frost is introduced as a path of the Death Knight, just as Blood or Unholy. Just be glad it isn't pizza.
    Last edited by Ashrana; 2010-08-06 at 03:41 PM.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

and...? want us to do something about it?

.............I take it you guys must have never tried frost and discovered that it is signifigantly stronger then UH/Blood then.......... and ignorantly enjoy your lore-y correct DKs who suck

Quote Originally Posted by Haavar View Post
    and...? want us to do something about it?
    Well obviously you can't unless you're in charge at blizzard but it would be nice if they would give some kind of massive upgrading to unholy spec in cataclysm , give them a passive that makes them do 200% dmg with 2 handers or some crazy shit so they can keep up

Unholy DK's can do well over 19k in ICC, so your getting something massively wrong... or YOU just suck.

Wow, i heard Frostmourne was a frosty weapon, i heard death knights were under lich king's control, i also heard that lich king had frostmourne, so he has frost powers, so basically the DKs are/were his minions, trolling or just bad ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the urge to post a pic with the overused meme "cool story bro", but I shant.

Instead I will mention how Death Knights have a lot of lore in Northrend, a very frigid area, where I'm sure they honed their abilities around icy[ness]. Also, you doing bad DPS is you doing bad DPS, give a DK from one of the top 20 guilds an unholy spec and they'll probably double your DPS in areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9 View Post
    Unholy DK's can do well over 19k in ICC, so your getting something massively wrong... or YOU just suck.
    On trash with a 30% buff and 6k gs? ZOMG SO IMPRESSIVE! -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Also, you doing bad DPS is you doing bad DPS, give a DK from one of the top 20 guilds an unholy spec and they'll probably double your DPS in areas.
    They probably all have shadowmournes and like ICC25 heroic gear in every slot I bet they absolutley could double my unholy attempts dps but I can't see anyone doing 24k single target (Doubling my frost output?) no way
    Last edited by BTF777; 2010-08-06 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTF777 View Post
    On trash with a 30% buff and 6k gs? ZOMG SO IMPRESSIVE! -_-
    No on boss's, how bad are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    You're just bad. Sorry.
    This pretty much.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, so the lore from other games should effect this one?

You notice the running theme of ice all the way through WOTLK? Frozen Throne?! Any of that giving you a clue?

I'm going to go watch Inception and then complain that it's nothing like Toy Story 3, despite the fact they're both films, and when I'm laughed out of the cinema I'll think of you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

Icecrown? More like Unholycrown!

OP- Unholy does more damage than Frost if you have Shadowmourne, for arguably a whole lot less work. Frost has higher potential in bad gear, but it takes a whole lot more work.

I don't know what your gear is like, but you are most likely doing it wrong.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

AHAHAHAHA and you bastards calling me bad/stupid look at fucking that , the top frost DPS beat the top unholy dps (Who probably has a shadowmourne) AND I'M THE STUPID ONE? OWNNNED

How about you let Blizzard write the Lore, and you pay to play their superior MMO, which includes Deathknights as being able to master powers of Blood, Frost or Unholiness. Yeah? Reckon you could do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Frozen" Throne
    "Frost" wyrm
    A whole frozen continent they hail from

That was point 1.
    Point 2: Death is usually associated with cold.
    This just adds to the 'Chill of Death' Death Knight feeling.

Point 3: Blizzard's lore isn't the lore used in other games.
    I mean, let's put a Balrog in Ironforge, shall we?
    Just as Tolkien's trolls are BIG and rather obese, while Warcraft trolls are slender and agile, while still tall.

QED: Frost is a completely lorewise correct spec.

Obviously you actually didn't know what you were doing. I've done more than 7k as unholy in my triumph based offset.

So you practically wanna get rid of the frost tree, and have the best gear, so you can cleanse your fragile mind...