Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    It won't happen due to issues with China that have been covered multiple times in this thread, and is the same reason they have almost zero presence in game for the past (soon to be) 6 years.

The inability to have something you want is part of what makes them so popular in the first place.
    damn rumors...its the japanese armor and blizz simply said in one interview not yet

The whole China thing was a rumor that exploded kinda like the List as people tried to create an imaginary excuse because they realize the Pandaren won't probably ever be in WoW.(To create more popularity and further the debate of real or fake race.)

As for them objecting to the Japanese culture now that I think was a valid concern but if anything they would do what they did with Wrath and just censor or change it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    Because it's nothing more than a pandering fanservice. There's no good reason to put them in other than to appease a bunch of suburban white kids who think they are obsessed with various Asian cultures.
    Woah!!! Don't get racist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Because Naga on the horde makes every bit of sense right?
    like Benitora said, Naga hate Night Elves, and on several occasions teamed up with blood elves, so who is to say there isn't a splinter group of Naga who want to join up with the Horde because of the Blood Elf friends

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    Woah!!! Don't get racist!!!
    It's not. Besides, everybody knows you can't be racist against white people.

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
    God I hate Pandaren, it's a such a ridiculous cartoon character that detracts from WoW as a whole. They're pandas, the race is Pandaren and they come from Pandaria?
    Who came up with this crap? A 6 year old?
    Your argument is invalid due to gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    It won't happen due to issues with China that have been covered multiple times in this thread, and is the same reason they have almost zero presence in game for the past (soon to be) 6 years.
    Again: the only China issue, ever, was in regards to pandaren (based on a Chinese animal) in samurai (Japanese) armor.

I hope you're joking. Racism is not exclusive to a particular ethnicity.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance.

If Pandaren appear it should only be as a neutral faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Because Naga on the horde makes every bit of sense right?
    Naga will never be playable... as cool as they are... I just don't think it will happen.

I shouldn't actually say never, though; in the spirit of this thread

---------- Post added 2010-09-01 at 01:17 AM ----------

Someone tried to fight my friend the other day because he assumed his random spitting on the ground (as gross as it may be) was an act of racism because we were white

Deleted
    I'd love it if Pandaria gets destroyed...Be worth the QQ

I am white.And my family was forced to move from their home in bulgaria to turkey because of racism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
    God I hate Pandaren, it's a such a ridiculous cartoon character that detracts from WoW as a whole. They're pandas, the race is Pandaren and they come from Pandaria?
    Who came up with this crap? A 6 year old?
    They were easter eggs in WC3 and were meant to stay that way but got too popular. Still haven't appeared in the actual game though. (won't count the non-combat pet since by that logic the Zerg and stuff like that exist in the same universe as well...)

Plz cata destroy all pandaren
    if they ever become a playable race i will quit this game
    Jasera - 80 Protection Warrior
    Neytira - 80 Enhancement Shaman
    Brolmir - 80 Marksmanship Hunter
    Doombringr - 80 Frost Death Knight

No you won't.If you have not quited yet with today's wow you won't quit with pandarens.And there is nothing silly with pandaren.

Fuck those pandas, nobody cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    No you won't.If you have not quited yet with today's wow you won't quit with pandarens.And there is nothing silly with pandaren.
    Except that they are a pure comic relief race added in as a joke in WC3? Putting them in the actual story is on par with making Larion and Muigin or Linken major lore characters IMO. :-p

It's not like I'd be overly pissed if they added them in, but I'm not a big fan... They were awesome in WC3 but can certainly live without them being in WoW.

Garekh
    I m not gonna try to go into wether or not the worgen lore was a ret con... but you seem to be saying that it wasn't, it was just new information which makes it ok.
    Than why the hell wouldn't a pandaren lore be ok? The pandarens are so mysterious it would probably not need any retcon only new informations.

Also I don't get 4 things:
    -People who read the title of the thread and write "China" as an answer without reading anything of the many posts...
    -Pandarens being regarded as too ridiculous a race to be in WoW when we already have cows, gnomes, spacegoats,...
    -Why the fact that Pandarens were introduced as a joke in wc3 and don't have much background information matters... as I have pretty much explained in previous posts => Draenei were pretty much reinvented for TBC and it turned out ok so why would it be bad to add some lore to the Pandarens?
    -Why would people want furbolgs as a playable race when they don't want pandarens? FUrbolgs are much more primitive and less interesting in my mind.

Just to be clear, I m not even sure I would want to play a Pandaren if it was possible and I m not sure they shouldn't just be introduced as a neutral non-playable faction... but most of the arguments against them are so ridiculous it's crazy!

This is the thing that keeps being repeated in this thread.They are not a joke race anymore.
    You people do not have any good objection other than chen was a joke in warcraft 3 then they should not be in.
    Read the whole story about pandaren.They are masters with many weapons,they are martial artists,they are able to defend themselves,they can crack open and control the earth,even turn to earth itself.

But they are silly because they were called joke in warcraft 3?They are very serious.Much more serious than many 'serious' races of warcraft.Enough with this prejudice about them.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

10+ Year Old Account
    frankly if they do become playable it wont be the majority of there race that joins a faction i mean look at goblins there is still several cartels that ae either neutral(Steamwheedle) or hostile(Venture Co). I mean Horde can even be friendly to a bunch of Draenei in Shattrath and vice versa for Alliance and blood Elves

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

people who dont like pandarens dishonor bruce lee!!!!

Hopefully it wipes them off the face of Azeroth so that people quit asking for fucking Pandarens.
    And now it looks like they'll be the centerpiece of the next expansion. lolololol