Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hit Rating and Penetration recommended for a discipline Priest?

Title says it all, I guess. Would love if someone enlightened me

Actually I would love for you to enlighten me.. where the effing hell have yeh heard that ø _Ø ?

Err... What?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you play very offensive, I suppose you need as much hit rating as any other dps caster.

You need to cap Spellpene to make sure ur fears arent getting resisted. 75 i think it is.
    You need hit rating for your spells/fears not missing. ehm, 3 % i think it is? get the WG neck which helps on capping that stat.

Both should be capped, even though I dont have the Penetration capped. Im such a noob, yes.

Yeah, I know, I know the best is to have them both capped. But how much is the cap?

Deleted
    5% is the miss chance on PvP (When fighting enemies with the same level).

5% is pvp cap pene is 75 for MotW and 130for auras
    (pardon for misunderstanding your first post xD thought u were talking bout ArP)

I see many running with 75 spellpenetration because thats what mages get from armor, priests from Shadow protection etc. But, see people gemming for 95+ too. There isnt really a cap for these values.
    As for hit rating you need 5 % for spellcasters atleast, not sure about melee. You can aquire that from WG neck and a PvE wep. Thats atleast what I did :b

Edit: its 5 % not 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, gem for 100% Armor penetration.

You may not get into raids, but that would make some kickass laughs for the person you ask for an invite from!

That said, if you are going heavy offensive discipline (Why would you be, in the first place?), I imagine the PVP Hit and Spellpen cap are the way to go: 6%. As for Spell Penetration, it will not be necessary: Holy damage can not be resisted, and your SW:P and DP wont be enough of your damage to care about, consider the huge hits Holy Fire and Smite can put out (comparatively).
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    Imo, gem for 100% Armor penetration.

You may not get into raids, but that would make some kickass laughs for the person you ask for an invite from!

That said, if you are going heavy offensive discipline (Why would you be, in the first place?), I imagine the PVP Hit and Spellpen cap are the way to go: 6%. As for Spell Penetration, it will not be necessary: Holy damage can not be resisted, and your SW:P and DP wont be enough of your damage to care about, consider the huge hits Holy Fire and Smite can put out (comparatively).

How about fears missing? :b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    How about fears missing? :b
    >.> Well, in that case, Paladin Auras are 130 resistance. Obtaining that much will make you "unresistable" to any class, except Holydins popping Aura Mastery (and in that case, they would probably just bubble the fear anyway).

~100 would probably do the trick for all PVP encounters except Paladins and Priests, and the difference is so little there. For a more offensive holy or Disc build that isn't worried about Fear Fail, spell penetration can be skipped in favor of more crit, spellpower, or etc.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

[QUOTE=Mastrcapn;8533677 For a more offensive holy or Disc build that isn't worried about Fear Fail.[/QUOTE]

I have to help my partner doing some switches in 2v2, or a timed fear can make sure our target dies. I failed fear can help them to reset the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    >.> Well, in that case, Paladin Auras are 130 resistance. Obtaining that much will make you "unresistable" to any class, except Holydins popping Aura Mastery (and in that case, they would probably just bubble the fear anyway).

~100 would probably do the trick for all PVP encounters except Paladins and Priests, and the difference is so little there. For a more offensive holy or Disc build that isn't worried about Fear Fail, spell penetration can be skipped in favor of more crit, spellpower, or etc.
    most of the time paladins save aura mastery for interrupts, if you have them that is

100-120 Hit for 4-5%
    120 Spellpens against auras, motw and some racials

Quote Originally Posted by nehh View Post
    100-120 Hit for 4-5%
    120 Spellpens against auras, motw and some racials
    racials arent resistances ever since wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    5% hit
    130 spell penetration

You absolutely need max hit rating and spell pen (which is actually 4% and 130, more hit against talents, racials etc). As a discipline priest you spend a lot of your time playing offensively (depending on your and the enemy comp it can be far more than half of you globals), so it is mandatory
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    racials arent resistances ever since wotlk
    bloodelves have 3%chance to avoid a spell attack, can be counter with hit

2% isn't it?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!