Shatterplay as mage, hard?

Now the thing is, i got a rogue http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rd&cn=Nolonius and a warrior http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...d&cn=Imonition and even a paladin ( no link needed his gear is pretty bad ;p ) but i m pretty tired of them, so i reroll mage atm, lvl 16^^ planning to lvl as fast as possible while only raiding on warr and pvping on rogue, the thing is that i want to pull some arena gear on mage b4 cata ships, i was thinking about playing shatterplay with my mage and the shadowpriest from my rogues 2v2, resto shaman would be a dude with 5/5 wrathful and T1 wep, now the question is, how hard is it to play shatterplay with mage? since i got no exp. but i want atleast shoulders b4 cata ships
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

if you think you are leveling to 80, getting playable gear, and starting to arena before this season ends, you are nutts. (unless you are botting )

in shatter play the mage basically sets up the kills with sheep rotations on healers/key counterspells while the spriest does most of the damage while you assist with big deepfreeze burst during the kill attempt.

someone should ALWAYS be polymorphed. if you are sheeping someone where a teammate can dispel them make sure to rank1 frost bolt them a few times (i usually try to 5stack, i put a few up before hand so its ready for the switch) beforehand to cover the poly.

You and the Spriest are basically the favorite class/spec targets in the entire game for zerg comps like beastcleave so get ready to pillar.

Rshaman also get zerged down quickly so be prepared to peel a lot. (novas, cone of cold, sheeps, deep freezes, fears)

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    if you think you are leveling to 80, getting playable gear, and starting to arena before this season ends, you are nutts. (unless you are botting )

in shatter play the mage basically sets up the kills with sheep rotations on healers/key counterspells while the spriest does most of the damage while you assist with big deepfreeze burst during the kill attempt.

someone should ALWAYS be polymorphed. if you are sheeping someone where a teammate can dispel them make sure to rank1 frost bolt them a few times (i usually try to 5stack, i put a few up before hand so its ready for the switch) beforehand to cover the poly.

You and the Spriest are basically the favorite class/spec targets in the entire game for zerg comps like beastcleave so get ready to pillar.

Rshaman also get zerged down quickly so be prepared to peel a lot. (novas, cone of cold, sheeps, deep freezes, fears)
    This is more or less ok, except that

a) leveling from 1 − 80 takes a week/two (given a lot of time/day) if you already know the quests.
    b) After you hit 80, you can be full honored/geared (furious+rel/wrath) in one or two weeks of playing bgs all day (this may change depending upon your win-loss ratio).

Unless S8 is ending “in a month” you have time to do it. I believe S8 won’t end until Cata is almost ready so you have at least 3 months of season, which is, IMO, plenty of time.

c) Rank1 frost bolt uses the same mana as the highest ranking, I don’t think anyone does that anymore.

rank1 frost bolt is close to my most used spell

you use it to stack endless winter to cover poly's, get quick snares up, and fish for fingers of frost procs

you use r1 because its like a .6-.7 second cast in good gear
    Last edited by patrins; 2010-08-10 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    rank1 frost bolt is close to my most used spell

you use it to stack endless winter to cover poly's, get quick snares up, and fish for fingers of frost procs

you use r1 because its like a .6-.7 second cast in good gear

You are right about that one, tho I thought icelance was used.

Doesn't slow, doesn't procc shit
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

lol mage in any comp is easy...mage is never sat on in arena cause people dont want to deal with the "WTF buttons" they have.

wiz cleave is instawin, try it

beastwizNKoreanturtlecleave is the new Arena fotm