Deleted

How is this laptop for wow?

Alright so my brother has a laptop that he wants to run wow on, but I'm not sure how well it can pull it.

Specs are:

Acer Aspire 5542G
    AMD Athlon II X2 Processor M300 (2 GHz)
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
    4 GB Memory
    500 GB harddrive

Basically I have no clue about computers, and I'm wondering if this will be able to run icc25 raids with acceptable framerates (say 15-20) on medium or even low settings. Or is it completely hopeless for 25 man raiding?

That processor is quite bad for 25mans. But I have ran it with worse! Low settings should get at around 15-20 FPS. I played on a laptop with 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 892MB RAM and integrated video card. Stable 7 fps with all settings on low at weekly 10man Noth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I have a black belt in common sense compared to your white.

15fps on low/medium settings probably with that laptop, and spiking down to 5fps or below in heavy aoe.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

laptop =/= something you raid on, period....

dont do that to your guildies/puggies

Quote Originally Posted by lethalnl View Post
    laptop =/= something you raid on, period....

dont do that to your guildies/puggies
    There are laptops that preform acceptably well in 25ms. They are NOT cheap though.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    Okay I just hijacked the computer and installed wow today, and after running a quick 5 man dungeon UP I can conclude that it is NOT suited for 25man raiding at all

I had a capped 60 fps pretty much the entire run with low to medium settings, but at the 3rd boss, the guy that throws frost on the ground it would drop to 5-10 FPS every time I angled my camera into the frosty ground; a gigantic ingame lag trigger. Yuck!

Was that just the graphics card not pulling its weight or is it the processing power that failed?

The clouds 3rd boss in UP throws is well known problem spot which kills fps, just like Marrowgar in ICC25. Lowering particle density (former spell details) will help.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Okay I just hijacked the computer and installed wow today, and after running a quick 5 man dungeon UP I can conclude that it is NOT suited for 25man raiding at all

I had a capped 60 fps pretty much the entire run with low to medium settings, but at the 3rd boss, the guy that throws frost on the ground it would drop to 5-10 FPS every time I angled my camera into the frosty ground; a gigantic ingame lag trigger. Yuck!

Was that just the graphics card not pulling its weight or is it the processing power that failed?
    That's a horrifically created spell effect. That hallway (and to a lesser extent, Marrowgar) lags my computer (i5 750 @ 3.8GHz, Radeon HD 5770) to around 15-20fps or so.

[edit: What vesseblah said. To get the effect they wanted, apparently Blizzard decided to just jam it full of a massive amount of particles.]