Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new GW2 trailer, Opinions?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guild-...sto-eurogamer/

Now look at this trailer and give your opinions. All this (except the concept art in 2d) is in game, though camera angles are altered to make it more cinematic.

The thing that looked the most interesting was the combining skills thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I like it, but then again GW is probably my favorite multiplayer game ever.

They are making quite a big deal out of the synergy effects and that's pretty cool, but I'm more interested in the gameplay and world setting and I like it so far.
    If you're looking for hardcore lore either Read Ghosts of Ascalon that just came out it's a great primer into the cultures of the races. All other info can be on the Guild Wars Wiki site. www.Arena.net/blog is the best place to look for gameplay articles as well as www.guildwars2.com
    Last edited by Kaleina; 2010-08-11 at 04:47 AM.

Deleted
    It does look good but is it just me or does the big purple dragon thing at the end look alot like deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Topgunner View Post
    It does look good but is it just me or does the big purple dragon thing at the end look alot like deathwing?
    it's the chin

Deleted
    I knew they were working on a great game once it was announced in 2007

This trailer just proves it more, give it already!

Also that dragon, while almost as big as DW, is just a random lieutenant named the Shatterer. Killed at lvl 50ish by char players (part of the demo to be played at Gamescom) the actual elder dragons are much much larger. Some most likely the size of Alezastra or potentially larger

GW1 was probably the most bang for your buck of recent MMOs, but that is opinion of course. It was fun and unique, and definately looked impressive graphics wise for it's time. The trailer for GW2 looks even better than I thought it would.

Definately going to give it a try when it comes out, it's a fun little getaway that requires little investment (time and/or money)

Plus, I like how boss encounters feel "epic" it's something I've missed since FF11 that WoW doesn't really seem to do well.

I'm not too interested in the graphics, considering that i have a computer from 2005 and i couldn't possibly run that on high settings, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Everything that they keep banking on seems to stray away from most MMOs and even from their own first game. Combine this with the fact that it wont have a monthly subscription like the first game, and you're probably going to get more people trying this out initially.

Here's to hoping they succeed, because I'm just as burned out on Guild Wars as i am on World of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may very well play this just for that HUGE FUCKING city in the beginning. According to the forums, Its called Divinity's Reach and I may play the game JUST for that town. People said its fully explorable and its not just a background image/concept art. You can actually explore that WHOLE thing. Amazing.

dranx all of the capitals are around the same size, imagine the scale...

Don't worry they are going to screw up the game one way or another, I wasted 3 years playing GW1 their PvE was very boring no depth in it, pretty graphics and animations but this card doesn't keep you much in this game, as for PvP they nerfed everything in the game for the sake of balance and e-sport till they drived all Pro PvP players from the game.
    I will give GW2 a try but I'm not that eager to make it my main MMO in the future.

r6 wolf in HA if you know what that means in GW.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2010-08-13 at 10:13 PM.

ArenaNet has been working on Guild Wars 2 since 2007. And thats all they have been doing is nothing but GW2 since 2007.
    Last edited by Unferth; 2010-08-14 at 12:44 AM.

Not really all that interesting.
    They could have just showed lightsaber wielding zombies fighting against knights riding on raptors and it would basically be the same thing. Still nothing on the actual gameplay, I dont get my hopes high yet. I was hyped for WAR and Aion before, and look how these turned out.
    I liked GW, I just didnt play it all that long because I doenst really have anything for me. They better make GW2 completely different, because another GW1 that's just a MMO would most definately suck

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm guessing you are really slow then if it took you 3 years to figure out that you thought it was boring, really your statement really says more about you than about the game.
    GW was my first MMO anyway I got bored from PvE very fast rest of my experience was in PvP, they started to nerf it gradually to unbearable limit that's why I left the game. Also paying to play sentence wasn't holding itself to me when I was in GW1 but after I compared the content of WoW to the shallow GW1 it gave me another reason to leave.

PS. insulting others because they have different opinion than yours makes you retarded.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2010-08-14 at 01:29 PM.

That castle. just.. whoa.
    Vid looks impressive.

I'm at least going to take a look at this one. The environments alone make me want to check it out.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down... I want to be a Charr... Yea, I started out with the Original campain (Tyria/ Ascalon) and loved it. My ranger could take on nearly any other profession with nary a scratch. I played through all three campaigns, decked out my heroes, then they nerfed the pvp. Then my friend offered to pay for my wow subscription. Now, I'm waiting for GW2 and may seriously just /wowquit if it's any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Not really all that interesting.
    They could have just showed lightsaber wielding zombies fighting against knights riding on raptors and it would basically be the same thing. Still nothing on the actual gameplay, I dont get my hopes high yet. I was hyped for WAR and Aion before, and look how these turned out.
    I liked GW, I just didnt play it all that long because I doenst really have anything for me. They better make GW2 completely different, because another GW1 that's just a MMO would most definately suck
    go read the literature on it...all of that trailer's combat was real time and in game.

This race http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/asura/ looks like some abomination from shitty asian F2P game.
    Skills are too flashy, again remind me about asian games.
    NCsoft logo doesn't add much appeal to the game, too.
    Life is short Glory is eternal