Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fysi>> Doubt it really. They would probably have done it sooner, but not wtfpwn the strict guilds. It's a really different game out there where you have to fiddle far more with gear and have far less room for failure due to not being able to take the better of both worlds.

And Paragon, like Ensidia, di the 25LK kill AFTER having killed the LK10 with ICC25 gear and being geared up in 10 hc gear AND ICC25 gear, not the same thing once again.
    Being able to run 10/25 at the same time every week (like most raiding guilds do) means they gear up FAR faster (emblems and drops) and have the choice of everything and twice as much chance to put their hands on a needed slot upgrade....

It's what most people fail to realize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashareth View Post
    Fysi>> Doubt it really. They would probably have done it sooner, but not wtfpwn the strict guilds. It's a really different game out there where you have to fiddle far more with gear and have far less room for failure due to not being able to take the better of both worlds.

And Paragon, like Ensidia, di the 25LK kill AFTER having killed the LK10 with ICC25 gear and being geared up in 10 hc gear AND ICC25 gear, not the same thing once again.
    Being able to run 10/25 at the same time every week (like most raiding guilds do) means they gear up FAR faster (emblems and drops) and have the choice of everything and twice as much chance to put their hands on a needed slot upgrade....

It's what most people fail to realize.
    If you read what I said, I mentioned the fact about the 25% extra damage, healing, more weeks experience more or less equals any advantage Paragon or Ensidia had in gear when they downed LK10HC on 5%.

What people fail to realise is that the people in Paragon and Ensidia are on a whole so much better than everyone else. Other top guilds may have someone who's one a par, but apart from them most are far off the skill of Ensidia and Paragon (well really the top3-5).
    Last edited by mmoc05c338f655; 2010-08-12 at 10:31 AM.

Paragon said on their homepage after the 25man HC kill that 10 man was much harder IF they wouldnt be geard in 25man HC gear alrdy.

Meaning they tought that 10man HC was harder with the 10man gear then 25man HC was with 25man gear.
    "So essentially what your looking at is a mans vision of the ideal female shape that just happens to have a extra fully functioning limb and it even includes handlebars on top of her head.
    I mean honestly god himself would look at the female draenei model and think holy shit why didn't I think of that."

Deleted
    Oky the OP might be a troll w8 for ppl to flame him but il tell this n/w
    Fu 10 man progress , Paragon killed the guy 10 man hm and they still had some ToGC gear on and were useing around 15 pices of 10 man hm gear , with the 30% buff is fucking faceroll.
    We 9 maned him since 1 ppl died at the beging ( p1 ) , and we were half alts in ICC 10/ICC 25 normal gear..
    10 man only guild are just an escuse for bad player to be bad, the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    "World first lich king 25 hc with 30% buff, 24 players, 3 druids, and average item level 259"

Can we stop making up bullshit world firsts now? Sure the 25 man hc kill without the buff was special. But really, stop making up stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    If you read what I said, I mentioned the fact about the 25% extra damage, healing, more weeks experience more or less equals any advantage Paragon or Ensidia had in gear when they downed LK10HC on 5%.

What people fail to realise is that the people in Paragon and Ensidia are on a whole so much better than everyone else. Other top guilds may have someone who's one a par, but apart from them most are far off the skill of Ensidia and Paragon (well really the top3-5).
    Why everyone uses Ensidia name , both Paragon and FTH owned them on LK 25 hm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendy View Post
    Why everyone uses Ensidia name , both Paragon and FTH owned them on LK 25 hm
    Because Ensidia are still one of the more notable names in raiding. Also read 'of Ensidia and Paragon (well really the top3-5)'.

Let see, double the experience EACH week for Paragon (due to being able to make BOTH 10 and 25 each week, and doing it, DOUBLE the gearing rate) and you still think it's not something to take into account, despite the fact it comes ON TOP of the already big advantage of access to the 25 gear, specially trinklets ?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would rate it equal to kills with 25 and 25 hardmode gear with only 5%-10% buff.

Deleted
    Kudos to Defias Brotherhood. I was there ion the trade channel when they announced it. So many people dissed them. Too bad.

Grats, really. I'm glad you're from my same server

And TotGC gear... and the trinklets from ICC25/ToC25 and such. And so on....

If it's "so easy", feel free to do it, get a toon that haven't set foot in TotGC25, and do the same with guildies as an "alt run", and let me know when you kill the LK10 hc without a single 25 man achievement or piece of gear.
    You are the one saying it's faceroll easy and everyone and his grand-mother can do it, prove it.

(You might want to notice that all the ones saying that won't give their armory.... go figure)

So much ppl in this thread strocking thier e-peens becuse they outgear the instance and think they are noobs becuse they got the kill with 30%.
    oh and btw I'll bet they will get him on the second or third time next time they enter becuse killing a boss before matters ALOT.

Gratz for the kill =)
    "So essentially what your looking at is a mans vision of the ideal female shape that just happens to have a extra fully functioning limb and it even includes handlebars on top of her head.
    I mean honestly god himself would look at the female draenei model and think holy shit why didn't I think of that."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is a big deal. Similar to how Sarth3D was harder in 10man than 25.

Let's put it this way:
    No DBW
    No Shadowmourne
    No DFO
    No Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    No TAiaJ
    No Althor's Abacus
    etc. etc.

No Halion trinkets. No Solace. No DV. etc. etc.

No perfect raid setup (next to impossible to get in 10man strict - or regular even)

But hey, at least they had Precious' Ribbon...

I think it is funny that people start talking about guilds like Paragon, FTH and Ensidia. No doubt with the time they put in the game then a new instance is released and the skilled roster they got they whould be able to set a team with the perfect combo and make this kill very fast.

The problem for us to finally get the kill was that we are just a group of friends who have been raiding 2 times a week. At the end we had a few weeks with 3 evenings to clear upto LK, but then 30% buff came we had a few on vacation so we where uanble to get the strongest raid going for 2 weeks. Gearing up also took along time because a thing like Spyglass from gunship was not dropping alot of weeks and since we had alot of casters needing it was a pain to see it not dropping for a good amount of time, and we simply needed all the gear we could get to push that little ekstra dps.

Also the fact that we don't have any paladins or dk's made some point of the fight abit harder in our gear. We had this setup: Tanks: warrior and druid. Healers: Disc priest and resto druid (me) and dps was: Rogue, elemental shammy, fire mage, Lock, Hunter and Shadow priest.
    I think all in raid learned to optimize everything they could, but still if we did not make p2-p3 transition with 4 valkyrs in p2 we where doomed on time for p3. On the kill there was 30 sec. to enrage timer. I think the fight is very tight tuned to 10 man gear and still with 30% buff you have to remember that shamblers and so are buffed with 70% on Heroic mode so still it was very tight for tanks some time.

You can also think why just not run a 25 man group together with a guild on server and get ICC25 trinkets and weapons like trauma and so, but we just wanted to see with our setup and gear how far we could make it. And then we started to get to P3 and timers began to look good the spirit raised alot in the raid.
    Last edited by Onka; 2010-08-12 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you deal with frostmourne room anyway? Dispersion soak one, tank soak other?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    How did you deal with frostmourne room anyway? Dispersion soak one, tank soak other?
    The tactic we ended up using for P3 was, that the first wave of spirits we got everytime we got out of frostmourne we used our warrior to soak together with the shadowpriest and they used cooldowns like dispersion from priest and so.

The 2. wave before we entered the room again we had the shadowpriest and a warlock to aoe damage. They could nearly clear all and The last 2 or so they whould just soak or worse case another raidmember, and people remembered distance to eachother for explosions.

The damage on every 2. wave made p3 a little more safe, but is also removes some damage from Lich King and therefore we had to have a p2 with maksimum 4 valkyrs and a transition from p2 to p3 with maksimum 2 raging spirits up and 1 of them dying to dots then we entered frostmourne first time.
    Last edited by Onka; 2010-08-12 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    It's impressive...

... but the ICC buff is at 30%. Any guild who killed HLK during the first months of the buff did a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yes, it is a big deal. Similar to how Sarth3D was harder in 10man than 25.

Let's put it this way:
    No DBW
    No Shadowmourne
    No DFO
    No Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
    No TAiaJ
    No Althor's Abacus
    etc. etc.

No Halion trinkets. No Solace. No DV. etc. etc.
    I agree with the first part, but solace and DV are accepted for sure, since they are under icc level. I know both are acquired in 25m toc BUT, you could use naxx25 gear to do the algalon 10m-only achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rédempteur View Post
    I agree with the first part, but solace and DV are accepted for sure, since they are under icc level. I know both are acquired in 25m toc BUT, you could use naxx25 gear to do the algalon 10m-only achievement.
    You are mixing two things up: 10m strict and max ilvl allowed for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    I dont think people realize how much better the gear is in 25. 10 man stuff is normally not itemized as well and almost all of the good trinkets etc are 25 man. Also they have no shadowmournes in the raid which are a huge dps increase etc.
    Why do people always make statements like this and when they can't back crap up? I know lots of melee running around with WFS or HWFS, I know lots of casters with Spyglass, there are good 10 man trinkets. Itemization in tier pieces is the exact same at the 251, 264 and 277 ilvls so that negates 4 of your total slots. I personally know quite a few players who snapped up well itemized 10 man heroic gear because it was better than the 25 man equivalents, extra gem slots etc can do that. I'm currently wearing a heroic 10 neck, which I honestly don't expect to replace until Cataclysm. I have replaced 3 other pieces of heroic 10 loot with heroic 25 loot, not because the 25 loot was better quality but because ilvl is a quality all its own. Shadowmourne is the closest you come to a valid point, but tbh I doubt the first HTLK kill was made with more than 1 Shadowmourne, if any.

10 guilds have less total selection, but don't pretend that 10 gear is somehow really bad when lots of 25 man raiders use gear from 10 when they could have replaced it with gear from 25. If you were talking about trinkets in TotC you would have a point, but now we're talking at most 1 gear slot out of an entire equipment set, and we're talking over 6 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.