Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well done to them if it was without the buff, I'm sure the margin of error is tiny even with full 264 heroic 10man gear. (Technically you can get sanctified (264) t10 via 10man, guessing that was used too.

However if it was with the buff, then in my opinion at least, it means very little if anything at all, considering the 25 man version of it was done without the buff.
    "The truth, my goal."

Congratulations to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    However if it was with the buff, then in my opinion at least, it means very little if anything at all, considering the 25 man version of it was done without the buff.
    After how many kills -with- the buff?

haha, funny. soon there will be "world first LK 10 hm 9 man", "world 1st lk 10 hm without mage", "world 1st LK 10hm without teamspeak", etcpp. no congratulations. btw, did they use the 30% buff? sure they did. so how strict is that, if they want to be strict?!

*yawns*

So they couldn't compete with how the game was really designed to be played, y'know with variety and fun, and changed it into some schooled approach to raiding, with no1 running 25 man content?

No gz. Niche raiding sectors are ultimately rather pathetic, like someone stated, the next will be WORLD FIRST 10MAN LKHC DOWN 10 PALALALADINS - "durpdurp it dun counts cus um da raid was da all paladons."

Deleted
    Once again people fail at understanding this thread.
    We never ever mentioned anything about being greater than Paragon, FTH, Ensidia, Premonition or anyone else. Choosing to raid Strict was a choise made by a small guild that wanted to compete with guilds of similar size and ideas. The competition has been on since Ulduar and probably even further back. The fact that this has been listed on Guildox is a recognition of the competition between smaller guilds. We managed to get 12/12 ICCH STRICT before any of the other guilds and now we can't be happy about it? People should either recognize this achievement or ignore the thread competely. To patronize what has been done isn't fair to anyone competing Strict.
    some of the OP should take a minute to read what has been posted in #1 about what strict is, cause reading through this post clearly indicated a lot of you doesn't have a clue.
    And yes, we used the 30% buff. It has been mentioned in several other threads that strict guilds won't stand a chance against LKH without at least 15% extra buff due to loss of gear stats.
    - Gnuss, The Typhoon Struggle
    Last edited by mmocae8d155b51; 2010-09-08 at 10:38 AM.

when someone does not admire your "achievement", they do not understand the thread? only people who admire your actions or think it's totally cool and awesome to do this and then boast about it on a "world first" forum should post here? you know, there are many different wow players out there, and as many different opinions, too. deal with it, or keep your achievements private. if you go public - well - it's public!

ps:
    lk 25 hm was killed "strict without the ICC buff". i doubt it's not possible in 10 hm, too...

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    itt: A bunch of idiots. All of the 10man heroic kills were done in 25man gear. This is a very nice feat, and is probably harder than 25h lich king.
    roflz....
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

So many dense people posting in this thread. I'm baffled by how you retards even function.

Well done on your world first guys.
    Le gunna scréach faoi lámhach na bpiléar,
    Seo libh canaig amhrán na bhFiann!

Screw that who cares if its strict what kind of gear your wearing. I wanna see the world first druid only 10 or 25 man damnit
    ... What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    when someone does not admire your "achievement", they do not understand the thread?
    No, they simply don't know what 'strict' means. Then they finish up with additional comments which suggest they are lacking in the brain department, such as "lk 25 hm was killed without buff". Indeed, Paragon sure did kill that boss without a buff the first time. Nihilum or FTH absolutely didn't use the buff to get their first kill. I remember the thread when Paragon killed him without buff - all the whiners and detractors went "psah, they farmed heroic lk, they overgear the encounter now". Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    So they couldn't compete with how the game was really designed to be played, y'know with variety and fun, and changed it into some schooled approach to raiding, with no1 running 25 man content?
    I'm guessing you are a Blizzard designer, because otherwise how how the hell can you state how the game "was designed to be played"? 25-man Lich King hard was done with 25-man gear (obviously) and this is the first guild to kill Lich King 10 hardmode with only 10-man available gear. No matter how much your butt hurts from someone else's success, this is impressive and could just as well be the way Blizzard intended the Lich King 10-man hardmode to be done (not stating it is, cause I am not a designer).
    Cheers on the kill, and disregard the people flaming you here, they are most likely late-WotLK wow-players that doesn't have a clue about the game in general

I'm going to ignore the amount of shit being posted on this thread, as others have tried to argue a point before me and failed due to the morons that reside on these forums.

Just want to say congrats this is something worth shouting about. Until 2 months ago, I was in a 10man strict guild myself, and we too were pushing for a LK heroic kill, but Summer killed us.

Congrats again guys, I for one know this is an impressive feat.

I don't understand how doing H LK 10man in 264 gear is much harder than doing H LK 25man in 277 gear. I guarantee if world class players like Paragon and Ensidia actually focused on 10man strict raiding it would've happened a lot sooner.

I do want to congratulate you, but at the same time I have to say that claiming that you're at a 'severe disadvantage' when it comes to gearing differently in 10 man heroic than 25 man you are incorrect. With that point made, grats on the kill keep up the good work.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't understand how doing H LK 10man in 264 gear is much harder than doing H LK 25man in 277 gear.
    It's not, nor did they state so, but they were the first guild to do it, and that's the impressive part

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I guarantee if world class players like Paragon and Ensidia actually focused on 10man strict raiding it would've happened a lot sooner.
    Thanks for the guaranteee, I am glad that you can sort this out for everyone. The point you seem to not understand is that no one did this before, and thus saying "other guilds could have done this" means very little, as you don't really know that for sure. I think you are right that it could have been done before, but it wasn't, so cheers for the guys doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    I'm guessing you are a Blizzard designer, because otherwise how how the hell can you state how the game "was designed to be played"? 25-man Lich King hard was done with 25-man gear (obviously) and this is the first guild to kill Lich King 10 hardmode with only 10-man available gear. No matter how much your butt hurts from someone else's success, this is impressive and could just as well be the way Blizzard intended the Lich King 10-man hardmode to be done (not stating it is, cause I am not a designer).
    Cheers on the kill, and disregard the people flaming you here, they are most likely late-WotLK wow-players that doesn't have a clue about the game in general
    *actually a Director, but I'll let it slide this one time bucko.

I am merely expressing my opinions on the matter, no need to get all ragey my dear chap. As previously stated I feel that this is a niche similar to 'First LK10Hc kill with only dwarves' - It's silly, and actually only came about during WOTLK due to the silly way the raids were setup (Not my fault, blame those pesky designers) - I'm a bigger fan of how raiding was during TBC etc, so that everyone is on the same page, its alot of relatable, so I'll ignore your last stab.

And yeah 'Cheers' on the kill.

great job. ofc that should've happened on RP.

unbuffed 10m H inc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    It's not, nor did they state so, but they were the first guild to do it, and that's the impressive part

Thanks for the guaranteee, I am glad that you can sort this out for everyone. The point you seem to not understand is that no one did this before, and thus saying "other guilds could have done this" means very little, as you don't really know that for sure. I think you are right that it could have been done before, but it wasn't, so cheers for the guys doing this
    I think the point is more that the strict category eliminates a vast amount of the playerbase. If I'm correct, doesnt it also count for past tiers like ToC? Its an arbitrary addition of difficulty that results in a relatively small possible number of competitors, and determined by the players rather than the game or Blizzard. Thats why you get so many people not really considering this something to shout about.

Congrats to them for doing it though.

I hate to burst the bubble here, but why does the shaman have reign of he dead/unliving if its a strict 10 man guild? thats from TOTC25.