Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)
    Q. What's happening at the Master's Glaive? The last time we saw it, it was mostly buried underground.

A. Twilight's Hammer cultists have recently begun to unearth the remains of Soggoth, one of the more powerful servants of the Old Gods, from beneath the Master's Glaive with the intent of bringing him back to life. Players will have to foil the cultists' plans before the new incarnation of Soggoth reaches full strength.
    Wait a minute... I thought they said Soggoth WAS an Old God... I'm confused now.

Deleted
    New batch of (EU) BETA test invites were sent today.

LoL so *note to self (and others LoL)* ... never jump into that swirling whirlpool of doom there for the lawls.. I fell to my death in a veeeery deep pointed pit (but didn't fall to the end of it).. and then... my ghost fell all the way to the tip of that point.. and I ended up getting stuck.. too far away from my body to res! LoL *unstuck feature ftw* xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)
    Q. What's happening at the Master's Glaive? The last time we saw it, it was mostly buried underground.

A. Twilight's Hammer cultists have recently begun to unearth the remains of Soggoth, one of the more powerful servants of the Old Gods, from beneath the Master's Glaive with the intent of bringing him back to life. Players will have to foil the cultists' plans before the new incarnation of Soggoth reaches full strength.
    Wait a minute... I thought they said Soggoth WAS an Old God... I'm confused now.
    Why are you confused? It is clear that Soggoth is a very powerful servant of the Old Gods, maybe second in command and have a lot of properties like the Old Gods. He can resurrect himself, have his own army, etc.

He was suppose to be an Old God, but it was just speculation. Nothing was finale. Old God, after Old God would have become boring very quickly. This gives the Old Gods story more flavor. They just didn't have their personal powerful servants, like generals. But have second in command servants. Someone who takes care of things when Old Gods can't do it (like how they are dead and need someone very loyal to run their business).
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Also.. I am so absolutely thrilled that the Tower of Althalaxx.. which I used to endearingly call the Tower of ANTHRAX.. has been distroyed.. LoL as an altoholic, I absolutely hated going in there and fighting those pooheads and getting killed a lot (course I was probably goin there a bit too early.. but STILL) good riddance! xD

OH GOD the dancing trolls are moving in? Man... I loved getting to them in vanilla and /dancing with them.

Just downloaded the new wallpaper. Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Why are you confused? It is clear that Soggoth is a very powerful servant of the Old Gods, maybe second in command and have a lot of properties like the Old Gods. He can resurrect himself, have his own army, etc.

He was suppose to be an Old God, but it was just speculation. Nothing was finale. Old God, after Old God would have become boring very quickly. This gives the Old Gods story more flavor. They just didn't have their personal powerful servants, like generals. But have second in command servants. Someone who takes care of things when Old Gods can't do it (like how they are dead and need someone very loyal to run their business).
    Ah, see I was just wondering why they said servant when I thought they had previously said he was an Old God.

This probably means that Isorath is also a servant of the Old Gods. (Those tentacles around the giant Sarlacc-looking thing in the Weeping Wound in the Twilight Highlands are called
    Tentacles of Isorath.) I'm not saying that tentacles = old god but that thing does look curiously Old God-like.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Darkshore - The way I see it, it's yet another zone I'll pass through to get the newer explorer title.

I know I have no plans to level yet another toon and any race. If any of the new races seems interesting enough to use then I would just pay a few dollars when the race change becomes available.

I know there are quite a few players that have no plans to level there 5th toon. There are many that have every toon already maxed. Why would you level the same toon a second time. I just can't find the interest in the zones that are below 80-85. Granted, if your a new WOW gamer or one of those people that would level a toon twice then maybe this is for you. I just can't see it.
    Maybe it's made for new players AND people like me who only have 6 80's on one server and still have 4 they would like to make.

Personally, I enjoy making characters and experiencing the quests far more than I enjoy the end-game crap. When I'm done making these 10 level 80 horde toons, I will go make 10 level 80 alliance toons. Heck, maybe I'll even do it on a pvp server instead of a pve server this time, just to say I did it. It'll be fun!
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

I have to run through Darkshore on an 80 sometime before they trash it. I haven't leveled there in ages. The second I realized that there were other leveling options than running up and down that zone, I never took a toon there ever again. Darkshore was a pain in the ass.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Interesting. It looks like Soggoth is actually just a... giant, super powerful Faceless One. With the information about him being a servant and seeing more of his body unearthed (or maybe I just didn't notice before) it looks like he's roughly humanoid shaped (as roughly as Faceless Ones are).

I'm definitely looking forward to running my Worgen through Darkshore once he finishes up in Gilneas and possibly Silverpine.

They thought they were going to get away with just a few new quests and reusing most of the old ones. Very funny, blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    First: Thank god, no Paladin bullcrap today(Nothign against apaladins, was just tired of seeing it every day), and looks like the Shatterspear Trible wasn't innocent at all =/ Depending in how they act, my opnions about the mass slaugher might change...

Also, to those confused, it's purely storilyne progression, first the Shaterpear are trying to exploit the Night Elves in a time of weekness, but in the end the Night Elves resist and counter attack (Resiting Ngas, Twilight Cultist, Shatterspear, while your main city on the area is gone, and you still can wipe out one of them from existance? Night Elves are gaining my respect)

Hunters Note: It is quite likely that after the zone changes from Cataclysm begin, perhaps even before launch, the Ghost Saber cat may become unobtainable. It might be in your best interest, considering the much expanded stable, to tame this while you still can if you care at all about collecting pets. Looking to confirm or deny the rumor still though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    Hunters Note: It is quite likely that after the zone changes from Cataclysm begin, perhaps even before launch, the Ghost Saber cat may become unobtainable. It might be in your best interest, considering the much expanded stable, to tame this while you still can if you care at all about collecting pets. Looking to confirm or deny the rumor still though...
    I didn't know about that mob's existence until now... I gotta get me one!

Edit: No idea either way about that rumor. In any case, I'm not going to take a chance on it.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-08-11 at 09:47 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    I actually went through and checked that. While i did not uncover enough of them to actually spawn the cat, the statuettes were still there and acted as they do on live.

I imagine that there will be no issue getting the ghost saber.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, can't wait to level my Worgen in Darkshore. It looks way cooler, and it sounds like there will be enough content to really get a toon from 11 to 20. I want a Lor'danel Hippogryph.

Thanks, Blizzard, for finally talking about warlocks <3

Also, glad to hear that Demon Soul's current model isn't final. That spell was described as needing work, and being 100% useless for destro. XD

./sarcasm-on Oh geez whats with all the warlock this warlock that. Lock spam every day is Blizzard working on other classes at all? /sarcasm off

tehe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Wow, can't wait to level my Worgen in Darkshore. It looks way cooler, and it sounds like there will be enough content to really get a toon from 11 to 20. I want a Lor'danel Hippogryph.
    Totalbiscuit is currently making a video series focusing on his Worgen leveling in Darkshore, so you could go watch that (Here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFTopf7rb4g). Also, unless they do some rebalancing, it will probably be more like 13/14 to 20. Worgen starting zone puts you a little high for the beginning quests of Darkshore but some of them are well worth the storytelling anyway.