CHanges for Enh Shammy

I Just wrote a post and hit del and it went back to last page and lost everything ((((((((((

Anyways... Hi Guys,

I just wanted to try and throw out my ideas on improving the Enh Shammy spec. I'll make this post less clustered than the last one for time saving reasons. Suggestions:

-- Change Lava Lash to 230% off hand damage on base ability rather than 200%

-- Change 40% increased damage on FT enhancement to 25% additional chance to crit

Reason: The additional increased 30% damage on the 200% to 230% will make up for the loss, plus an additional chance to crit is more random so you feel almost less obliged to take the FT buff in pvp over FB, mainly because you still get to keep the damage. it makes it a more reasonable choice.

-- Unlink searing flames talent from imp lava lash, then make lava lash deal 100% increased damage on flame shock rather than off the searing totem stacks.

Reason: This is just a change that to me makes the most sense. Because now you can switch targets and deal full damage much easier, this has benefits in both pvp and pve. No-one wants to wait for a five stack of searing totem fgs. It's just not practical. The biggest buff this would be in is PvP because now you deal full damage, plus your searing currently in beta prefers FS targets anyway.

-- Mealstrom Weapon changed from 5pt talent, 5 stack PPM for 100% reduced cast time to - Your Shocks and Stormstrike provide one stack of MW reducing the cast time of spells under 10 seconds by 25/50% stacks 2 times.

2 talent point ability so with two points in here you get 100% cast time reduction with two stacks.

Reason: Simple really, a spec that seemed to always rely on rng, it is getting boring. It would be nice to have some kind of control over the timing and excecution of your abilities. This would enable more controlled dps in pve and conscious and decisive choice in pvp, ultimately making us a true melee caster. Being able to kite while still damaging/healing if necessary. So in other words you can shock then ss and use an cast spell as an instant then wait for short cools to do it again. This wouldn't make us OP, and tbh we could use a little love.

I hope you enjoyed some of the changes i have proposed (if you like it very much and deem worthy of developer eyes post on wow forums ~_^), if not, thanks for reading and if you could please explain why these would not be good changes.

We all want our shaman class to be a more enjoyable and competitive class to play. Let's try make it happen eh ^_^

Love ya all. Stay Electrified

I like your Maelstrom idea. Good ideas, well constructed post. /like

1) The LL FT buff aspect I don't see changing as you suggested, if only because it heavily devalues crit. I think it's a little weird that you push for RNG here as a solution to the FT/FB issue, but then say you don't like so much RNG elsewhere.

That said, I would like to see the offhand imbue be more of a choice. E.g., untie the name of "Lava Lash" from fire, so maybe "Primal Lash" (el oh el). Then, have the ability do different things depending on the imbue. Something like "FT: +40% PL damage, FB: +50% PL crit multiplier, and guaranteed FB proc. WF: PL guaranteed to proc MW, and reduces remaining SS cooldown by 2 sec."

Combined with UW, could make imbues an interesting choice.

2) Searing is unlikely to be unlinked from LL, since the goal there is (apparently) to try to push more hance damage into a "buildup" scenario.

3) MW: MW is likely to be switched (like static shock) to proc off of various instants for the "mobility" issue, so your idea might have traction there. Things tied to cooldowns don't scale with haste, generally, but are "recoverable" damage. Hance losing some haste scaling wouldn't be that sad, really.

I like the Maelstrom idea too. It gives us alot of freedom within global cooldowns that i would personally like. I hate having to drop any and everything to burn a Maelstrom 5stack asap.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I TOTALLY support this thread =] i love the MW idea ze most =D
    EDIT: Maybe have the MW thingy also work off LL? /shrug didn't really think about it but just threw it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts on it, heh.
    Last edited by Unkhrahuun the Atoned; 2010-08-12 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the maelstrom idea

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it, especially the Maelstrom Weapon change.

If you havent already if I were you id put this on the official forums right away, these changes would make the spec so much better and more viable in both PvE and PvP.

One thing that gets me though is the damage boost for Lava Lash when Flame Shock is on the target. 100% more damage seems kinda OP to me, and would need to be reduced to something slightly lower.

Other than that your ideas are great. Enhancement is and always has been my ideal spec to play on my main, for both PvE and PvP so these would make me one happy Shaman!
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Rabbimojo:
    I liked your idea, to change lava lash to primal lash, thus opening more versatility and synergy with other imbues. However I wasn't contridicting myself with what I was saying about RNG, I was simply implying that it would be better to lose out on the crit rather than the raw damage as we may crit anyway, just not as often if we were to drop FT buff for FB. However your idea makes more sense in regards to the direction I was heading.

Grov:
    The reason why I thought MW shouldn't proc of LL is simply because We would be able to keep MW two stack a bit too easily with literally no downtime whatsoever. Just a better way to implement this change for balance reasons.

Direfen:
    TBH at the time I was thinking that 100% may be a tad too much considering that you had to wait for a five stack of SF before you could unleash 100% extra damage on LL. I mean on boss fights in PVE I don't see what difference it would make really, on trash mobs it's a good solution to maintaining higher DPS. However in PvP is where this change may become OP, but this would depend if blizzard intended on being able to burst that much. If it had to be lowered to be balanced around not stacking then I would say bring it down to 60-70% damage.

Also I would put this on the official forums but i banned a couple of years back. So that's not an option for me However if any of you guys would be willing to do it then that would be great.

Again, thank you for the feedback.

3. The basic idea behind the MW change might happen but I doubt it will ever be 100% chance like the. MW is our random proc we have to watch for and react to. That will not change because we have nothing else we would have to watch for and react to. It would also be doubling up stuff on SS since they already changed Static Shock to only procing on SS/LS/etc.

BUMP!!!

Just thought I'd throw this thread back out there as their is a lot of talk about enhancement.