Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because not everyone playing is a 12 year old and they find what you call funny really annoying.
    Saying I am a 12 year old really makes you seem narrow-minded and stupid. If I see something I find offensive in trade I just ignore it and go about short time that I have to play.

Blizzard also has a language filter on there, if you turn it off you shouldnt be able to report stuff like that because its there to filter out words...

Quote Originally Posted by Larancy View Post
    Alot of WoW players these days.. major carebears. They get offended by simplest things and take everything people say as an insult. Its a shame.
    Perhaps because 99% of all world of warcraft players are egoistical fucking douchebags, just like the rest of humanity. I once got scammed in tbc and when I warned the server population about it he came on the forums and said he'd rape and kill my mother. During the time of tbc when I leveled as a priest I usually MC:ed and buffed my fellow players on the other faction, most of them tried to kill me afterwards. People are greedy, stupid, mean and sadistical.

The way homosexuals, women and minorities are treated makes it quite easy to understand why people easily see something as the worst, because 99% of the time people actually mean the worst.
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Blizzard also has a language filter on there, if you turn it off you shouldnt be able to report stuff like that because its there to filter out words...
    Terms of Service. They can ban how they want. 'Shouldnt' would be your opinion.

i report people for calling others "faggots" all the time...reported 2 people for that in bgs yesterday. hope they get a nice 48 hour ban or more.

Have you learnt nothing? People sometimes have a right to get offended, just as you have a right to be offensive, and Blizzard has a right to ban you. Nobody really uses gay for happy anymore and I'm sure your well aware of that.

Censorship is one thing. Abusing people is another.

And reading up on the rules again.

It says you would recieve a warning or something.

I had no warning, and you only get banned due to the nature of offence, I only said "You gay bro X D" to my friend, so that should of landed me a GM warning not a ban as it was not agressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say gay, fuck or Anal and ill report you and get you banned, cause you get pissed, its fun to see you suffer ^^

And reading up on the rules again.

It says you would recieve a warning or something.

I had no warning, and you only get banned due to the nature of offence, I only said "You gay bro X D" to my friend, so that should of landed me a GM warning not a ban as it was not agressive.
    Ugh if you asked like "You gay bro?" like that you shouldnt got banned your just asking if they are "Gay" or "Happy" and that shount be bannable

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    You're an idiot if you didn't see this coming.
    I think this summarizes the entire point of this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That's one of the most retarded statements I've ever seen, people don't need to get with any program if they don't want to, you and your fellow chan nabs don't rule the internet.
    Whether you think its retarded or not is irrelevant my point stands as what the reality currently is. Your not stopping all the trolls/12yrolds/idiots out there, they are to many people like you are to few. Sit there and report and maybe ban/mute someone for a few days but it's not going to help anything in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

The only way to actively fight the problem would be start perma banning people for small offenses. You called that guy gay boom perma ban, You spammed trade once thinking it would be cute boom perma ban. Even going as far as to perma banning people for simple swearing. All this of course would never happen because Blizz would be at risk of losing a large portion of their player base but I'd bet my account that you'd seem a major drop in people doing stupid crap and being purposely douchebagy if you handed out perma bans for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

I report people who use the term "f-gg-t" sometimes. I don't like the word at all. I shouldn't have to give up my beautiful four letter swears with language filter because you want to use an ugly word for gay people.

Also, they might not have believed "you gay bro" was about an archaic definition of "gay" because Blizzard has a policy against hiring children under 7 and people over 80, who are the only conceivable people who would be gullible enough to believe that

Well someone who has spammed my realm for over 2 years going on 3 years is still here, he always did rascist remarks, sexual remarks and all of that, he is still around now...

You should come to my server. Every word is stated under the sun and no bans. Llane is massive troll server. Shit, I had a black human named Naegar.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaBad View Post
    You should come to my server. Every word is stated under the sun and no bans. Llane is massive troll server. Shit, I had a black human named Naegar.
    I might just do that, because im sick of getting banned for crap that was not even meant to be offensive...

It was probably because he felt like he really wasn't your bro :/

I had a black human named Naegar.
    Wow, edgy, dude.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of proper intelligence and manners is will get you banned. Enjoy your 48 hours of torment.

Americans* Not wow players sadly. The amount of thin skinned soccer mom types are pretty abundant where I live, and the neighboring towns, and most of the people on wow, are you're "Average" person as well. Most people just cry over anything that rubs them the wrong way, or that they don't understand.

Ignorance and Thin skin runs rampart in this country sadly.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.