Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I feel you.

Same thing happened to me. Well, not exactly same, but me and my friend were fooling around in trade calling eachother things.

We both got banned, though it was lifted cause we both confirmed that we're friends and that we were joking.

The person who reported me was probably one of those little children that find it fun to report people afk in battlegrounds while thier in the graveyard waiting for a ressurect.

I smell troll, or you're just not telling the truth about the context of your ban.

The likelihood of someone combining "gay" in it's original form with "bro" isn't very high.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post

In summary: grow up and stop acting like words matter on the internet

btw. that should work for everyone not just the OP.
    Fixed. words are offensive as you let them be.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

always say "ghey" instead

The only other thing I did was /kiss to my friend when I saw her in stormwind...

That was shortly before the server restart and that was when I went to bed..

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Blizzard also has a language filter on there, if you turn it off you shouldnt be able to report stuff like that because its there to filter out words...
    I actually received a 72 hour ban once for swearing in trade, and I sent an e-mail back asking about the language filter. The response was basically this:

"The mature language filter exists to protect people from those who choose to break the ToS, not as a license to do so for those that wish to use profanity in-game."
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter how you intended it, it only matters how another person perceives it. And you people really need to get something through your heads.

YOU CANNOT DICTATE TONE THROUGH TYPED LANGUAGE.

Just because you read it and mean it as "I'm asking if the dude is happy" doesn't mean every person reading it that way is going to see it as such. When you speak something verbally, pitch and tone and context all come out much clearer and the listener can tell your mood and intent easier. Typed language has none of these things except for how the person reads it.

I'm not going to lie, if I had read what you had typed I would have just thought of you as one of those internet memes who likes gay bashing, too. I wouldn't have reported you for it, but someone else took that step. It was within their right to do so, and you clearly violated the rules of the ToUA. Take your punishment like a man and learn from it rather than blaming everyone else for your mistakes.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

its been said before blizzard doesnt need a reason to ban you be happy you only got a temp one

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It doesn't matter how you intended it, it only matters how another person perceives it. And you people really need to get something through your heads.

Just because you read it and mean it as "I'm asking if the dude is happy" doesn't mean every person reading it that way is going to see it as such. When you speak something verbally, pitch and tone and context all come out much clearer and the listener can tell your mood and intent easier. Typed language has none of these things except for how the person reads it.

I'm not going to lie, if I had read what you had typed I would have just thought of you as one of those internet memes who likes gay bashing, too. I wouldn't have reported you for it, but someone else took that step. It was within their right to do so, and you clearly violated the rules of the ToUA. Take your punishment like a man and learn from it rather than blaming everyone else for your mistakes.
    You are one of the most over zealous white knights I've ever seen. The internet doesn't need people like you around to ruin our fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

You underestimate how funny it is to report unfunny 'edgy' teens in warcraft

I'm waiting for the email back from Blizzard so I can like see what they "translated" of what I wrote.

So I can prove them wrong a hundred times over and get my friend to appeal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

This ^
    Especially since if you actually meant: Are you feeling gay bro? That doesn't actually translate in any shorthand english to: you gay bro? Bro you gay? would be the closest & it still leaves it very open to believe you are asking if he is a homosexual in a derogatory way.

-edit- It usually takes a lot more then this to get me to make a report but I have no sympathy for you getting reported and banned. Of course if it wasn't so much legal trouble to properly deal with people who ask to get popped in the mouth I think people would be more polite in real life. Too bad it wouldn't help the internet.
    Last edited by Brini; 2010-08-11 at 10:31 PM.

I for one, feel people just get offended because its the in thing to do. I feel most people who report over nonsense like that are the same ones who watch fox news as well.

And for people saying "gay does not mean happy anymore" Well, according to the dictionary it does, also, the word changed in time because of the use of it. Id say nowadays its more synonymous with "stupid" or "dumb" then it is with gay bashing.

New generations = the future, their definition shouldn't be stomped on by old folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Stop trolling me please, don't change something so it appears as if I wrote it.

I've seen your kind before, people that say grow a thicker skin and the internet is serious business (only spelled like an idiot) well actually it is what it is NOT what you think it should be. There are rules, you break them and you end up whining like the OP.
    And you just proved my point even more, It was a simple gesture that you took to heart. I even stated what I had fixed in your quote, so anyone who read my post, would have noticed what I had changed.

Blind ignorance and so quick to report anyone who says something you do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.
    This is sig worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by gangle View Post
    You underestimate how funny it is to report unfunny 'edgy' teens in warcraft
    This made me laugh.

At any rate, even setting aside the fact that the specifics of what you said is clearly against the ToU shouldn't it have been clear that your comment did NOT belong in trade chat? Why then did you put it there? To piss people off. Grats you pissed someone off; unfortunately for you that person had a ToU violation to hit you with. Learn not to troll trade or continue to receive bans until your account gets frozen.
    Last edited by Fornaw; 2010-08-11 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy25 View Post
    I for one, feel people just get offended because its the in thing to do. I feel most people who report over nonsense like that are the same ones who watch fox news as well.

And for people saying "gay does not mean happy anymore" Well, according to the dictionary it does, also, the word changed in time because of the use of it. Id say nowadays its more synonymous with "stupid" or "dumb" then it is with gay bashing.

New generations = the future, their definition shouldn't be stomped on by old folks.
    I've followed discussion boards about lesbian, gay, bi, transexual rights and I can say from observation that people out of this group are very offended that it is used as a synonym for "stupid" or "dumb" and hence it is a form of gay bashing in itself.

People claiming that it is nonsense are often oblivious about others feelings and are unaware of the depression and pain they actually cause. The serious business of the internet is about sharing information and knowledge and hence empowering the "common man", it is not an excuse to sadisticly terrorize others to the extent of even suicide. Being a borderline psychopath, and a sadistic such, is far from what is morally okay.

You obviously have no idea about how other human beings can feel.
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it"

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything is neutral until a human/emotions get involved.

Anything can be taken into offense,and I mean anything.This is how people are and can perceive. Words are just silly sounds/vibrations until the human mind thinks it as a symbol for something.

Curse words and such can mean lots of things,can the general population know all their meanings?Lets take the word nergo for example, the Portuguese used the word meaning black,and they saw black/negro people so they called them negro.It was accepted normally to them, at one time black was more offensive then negro is.Martin Luther King, Jr. even uses the word negro in his famous speech.Nergo and black mean the same thing but do people take one into a offense?Yes. ((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro))

Here are some examples
    Rvb holidays - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZWWLXCHYuA&feature=related

South Park F word-
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/1312/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Given the recent complaints arising from Moon Guard - US, I'm not surprised that the slightly sexual comment will get you banned, regardless of server.

Say it in a tell and not in trade next time. You were just asking for it imo