Thread: Black ops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone think people will use the customization features that they seem to be so proud to talk about? Sure they didn't go as far as APB with it, but still.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Does anyone think people will use the customization features that they seem to be so proud to talk about? Sure they didn't go as far as APB with it, but still.
    Difference between an MMO and a FPS. There's no way they'll have options of customization of that magnitude in a game where your average lifespan is about 20 seconds.

If it would let me use colors that help me blend in on maps, i'll sure use it. Every little bit helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    Difference between an MMO and a FPS. There's no way they'll have options of customization of that magnitude in a game where your average lifespan is about 20 seconds.

If it would let me use colors that help me blend in on maps, i'll sure use it. Every little bit helps.
    I swear my lifespans in MW2 are less than that. Yeah I suck, I know.

But I did hear about the facepaints and the increase in weapon camo options will help, in your case.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Black Ops is all hype. Within 3 months there will be RPGfags, prestige hackers, and everyone with a sniper will try to quickscope every kill. It's going to fail as hard as MW2 in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Black Ops is all hype. Within 3 months there will be RPGfags, prestige hackers, and everyone with a sniper will try to quickscope every kill. It's going to fail as hard as MW2 in the end.
    Wouldn't Steady Aim and Sleight of Hand sharing a perk tier make that a bit harder to accomplish? Not to SoH's faster ADS won't work on Sniper Rifles.

But yeah, at least RPGs and guns in general won't be that much overpowered as in MW2 because you can't increase damage with perks. But that margin of reduced overpowerness, I don't know.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Wouldn't Steady Aim and Sleight of Hand sharing a perk tier make that a bit harder to accomplish? Not to SoH's faster ADS won't work on Sniper Rifles.

But yeah, at least RPGs and guns in general won't be that much overpowered as in MW2 because you can't increase damage with perks. But that margin of reduced overpowerness, I don't know.
    They're making it impossible to quickscope.

I have a feeling that Crossbow will end up being the Model 1887's of Black Ops.

Seriously, the Call of Duty Franchise has been whored out to Activision, and now it is suffering from it. They have two companies (Infinity Ward and Treyarch) creating a game every year that will obviously not differ from the last too much. It is Basically going to be the Madden of First Person Shooters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    I have a feeling that Crossbow will end up being the Model 1887's of Black Ops.

Seriously, the Call of Duty Franchise has been whored out to Activision, and now it is suffering from it. They have two companies (Infinity Ward and Treyarch) creating a game every year that will obviously not differ from the last too much. It is Basically going to be the Madden of First Person Shooters.
    And all this time I thought The Sims series of games was badly whored out by EA with all of the EPs, Stuff Packs (?), and even buyable items online sans Free MMO Microtransactions.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II