How much resil so locks can't one shot me?

On my rogue alt with 1150resil, and literally one shot by relent destro lock twice. Puts up immolate, then the very next .5 later = dead. No but seriously, how is this damage balanced along with the most survivability utility of any class on top of fears and shadowcrash, which apparently isn't even necessary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I'm not buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrolieben View Post
    On my rogue alt with 1150resil, and literally one shot by relent destro lock twice. Puts up immolate, then the very next .5 later = dead. No but seriously, how is this damage balanced along with the most survivability utility of any class on top of fears and shadowcrash, which apparently isn't even necessary?
    He might have had all PvE gear. However, with 1000 resil his crits (12-15k) gets reduced by 30%. So you are hit for 5-6-7k.

What to do?

CoS, vanish, shadowstep, shadowdance, ambush ambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambush ambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambush ambush…

You can't be one-shot by a destro lock when you have 1100+ resil, it's not possible. Even if you have elements, immolate, cb, and conflag... with all crits. On a pvp spec 1100 resil target cb crits for like 9k. With 1100 resil I'm assuming you have more than at least 20k hp.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurus View Post
    He might have had all PvE gear. However, with 1000 resil his crits (12-15k) gets reduced by 30%. So you are hit for 5-6-7k.

What to do?

CoS, vanish, shadowstep, shadowdance, ambush ambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambush ambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambushambush ambush…

Your math is terrible. 30% reduction (if that's even the case) would mean it takes away 30% of 15k from the hypothetical 15k aka 4.5k reduction resulting in total of 10.5k damage. But agreed, it certainly isn't one-shot. Most likely immolate--chaos bolt---conflag with even a DC or SF or something else thrown in. Either way, destro do a lot of damage in a short period of time, but using multiple spells quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignag View Post
    Your math is terrible. 30% reduction (if that's even the case) would mean it takes away 30% of 15k from the hypothetical 15k aka 4.5k reduction resulting in total of 10.5k damage. But agreed, it certainly isn't one-shot. Most likely immolate--chaos bolt---conflag with even a DC or SF or something else thrown in. Either way, destro do a lot of damage in a short period of time, but using multiple spells quickly.
    But here's also the damage reduction with should be 25%-ish with 1,1k resi.

Scissors are suppozed to be invisible. You're doing it wrong, don't get beat by mushrooms.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignag View Post
    Your knowledge of resilence’s game mechanics is also terrible.
    Get a char with 1100 resil. Ask a friendly destro lock to duel you, and let him hit you.

Tell me if you see a number > 5000-6000 in any spell. You could get a 8k if he’s extremely lucky but anything beyond that is, I believe, impossible. Now change your pvp gear and switch to T10-Heroic, see him crit you for 15k.

A 1100 resil rogue has around 24-26k. Tell me how can you be one-shotted by 6k hits. Now tell me how can a lock using Immolate, Chaos Bolt + Conflag (if the lock is using pvp gear) can make all those three hit for more than 6k in once GCD. They can’t. They need 3 global cooldowns. Ignoring haste (which they likely have) thats 1.5 secs x 3. Which is around 4 secs with their haste.

Now switch to a rogue’s PoV. Rogues GCD are 1 sec. So he has 4 keys to press. See a lock…

SUBT SPecced? Shadow step… not much to say, he’ll be stunlocked before he can start casting. He will port if he has the port.

Mut specced? Vanish or sprint towards him… save your CoS/Vanish for when he stunns you and ports.

It’s not always like that but that’s the basics. If he finds you in the middle of a BG without CDs, you’re dead, yes. We all know a rogue without CDs is a dead rogue. And we all know that Elemental Shamans and Destro locks are glass cannons capable of putting out big numbers in 5 GCDs. Welcome to WOTLK.

Sorry, but you will always be one shotted by locks, no matter how much resilience you got =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    Scissors are suppozed to be invisible. You're doing it wrong, don't get beat by mushrooms.
    This

your a rogue, use that ability where you cant be seen, stun,stun,COS,stun,stun,/rofl /faceroll

Deleted
    Well from a holypaladin wrath/rele gear wrath weapon pvp noob ( 1,9k rating only ) 1120 resi Pov
    It is not posibel to get 1 shooted or well 3 shooted by a lock unless you have cs like DS/HoS/Hosalv glyphed/bubble/Loh/50% dmg reduct bubble.

i'd believe it if it was a arena situation and the destro lock was with a elemental shaman, Rogue would die in a shadowfury hihi.

thats just bullshit :P my rogue got 800 resi and im owning wrathful locks.. u prolly just suck mate, soz ^^

how is destro lock dmg any higher then like ele sham?

rogues counters locks BIG TIME. shaman vs rogue is... dunno

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    over 9000
    Insert Signiture here.

Stop feeding troll , just report it and move along

Lock werent able to one shot people with immo>conflag combo not even in 3.1

Just report it and move along , feeding troll makes it bigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    @ OP:

I agree. What's the point in having 1150 resi if you've got about 9k health...?

Seriously though, stop trolling, stop feeding.

Locked for trolling, a bad attempt at that :/
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!