Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Most probably not. It would reduce the Holy Priest's flexibility, and that is the core of the spec. The previous Chakra was something that "forced" you into using a single spell for the Chakra's duration, but neither Blizzard or the Holy Priests were happy with that talent, hence they changed it.

Personally I wonder if the improved Renew will still be improved after it getting refreshed by your Heal. If it will, then this could result into some interesting gameplay for Priests (more manawaste in the beginning for less manawaste in the end).
    I thought I remembered them saying that DoTs would calc at every tick in Cata, I imagine HoTs will do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethesae View Post
    I thought I remembered them saying that DoTs would calc at every tick in Cata, I imagine HoTs will do the same.
    Hmpf, that does decrease the depth of Chakra somewhat, but I guess it'll be easier for new Priests to use the skill then.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Holy Build

No SoL - Smite/Holy Nova doesn't spark much interest.
    No SoR - Sorry, it was only good for the +5% Spirit bonus before.
    HV - I don't really like Divine Hymn or Hymn of Hope, but this talent is better than the above two.
    I'd put the HV points into Body & Soul, and then unless they allow Heal to proc serendipity I'm going to assume the free raidwide HN's off SoL would give you more bang for your buck.

I hope that Improved Inner Fire will become something that affects Inner Will as well (and preferably just adds armor and not spellpower to Inner Fire to make it less mandatory for all specs). There are good names available for such a talent - Inner Focus comes to mind. Inner Will needs some sort of buff/glyph/talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    I hope that Improved Inner Fire will become something that affects Inner Will as well (and preferably just adds armor and not spellpower to Inner Fire to make it less mandatory for all specs). There are good names available for such a talent - Inner Focus comes to mind. Inner Will needs some sort of buff/glyph/talent.
    That's my dream. I'm hoping they nix Twin Disciplines entirely and move Imp Inner Fire to T1 and tie it in with Inner Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    I'd put the HV points into Body & Soul, and then unless they allow Heal to proc serendipity I'm going to assume the free raidwide HN's off SoL would give you more bang for your buck.
    No matter how much I look at Body and Soul it just seems more PvP Utility than PvE Utility. Though again I don't like the hymn spells that much at all. So I can see myself making that exchange of talent points.

You bring a good point about Serendipity and SoL. I have Serendipity now and get to use its benefits from time to time. I had originally planned on not getting it and I could get to the bottom without getting it before. The fact that they had Imp. HN in as a talent previously does sound like we'll be using it a bit more so that the SoL procs would be beneficial.

It's really nice that a majority of our talents are 2 points now instead of 3 points to max out.

Body and Soul is, and has always been, an amazing PvE talent. I just cannot fathom why some people still say that it isn't.

Binding Prayers?
    Heavenly Voice?

Why exactly would you spend 4 talent points on improving spells that you use like 1x during a boss fight, and then leave B&S out because it's a "PvP talent" ?

I'm still undecided about Evangelism/Archangel. The mana return is only marginally higher than the amount you spend on building stacks, the healing boost is cool though.
    Improved Inner Fire gives ~500 spell power at lvl85. Don't know how much SP we'll have, but 500 still seems a lot to me.

I'd probably go with this:

Have to "waste" a point in SoL to advance, and missing a point from Test of Faith unfortunately. Evangelism/Archangel/ImprovedIF still undecided.
    I think Veiled Shadow might turn out to be very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Body and Soul is, and has always been, an amazing PvE talent. I just cannot fathom why some people still say that it isn't.

Binding Prayers?
    Heavenly Voice?

Why exactly would you spend 4 talent points on improving spells that you use like 1x during a boss fight, and then leave B&S out because it's a "PvP talent" ?

I'm still undecided about Evangelism/Archangel. The mana return is only marginally higher than the amount you spend on building stacks, the healing boost is cool though.
    Improved Inner Fire gives ~500 spell power at lvl85. Don't know how much SP we'll have, but 500 still seems a lot to me.

Have to "waste" a point in SoL to advance, and missing a point from Test of Faith unfortunately. Evangelism/Archangel/ImprovedIF still undecided.
    SoL should work fairly well with Evangelism and Archangel, just make a convenient Smite macro then fire and forget it. Kind of funny that it only seems appealing to me as Holy, as Disc it looks clunky and generally not worth it.

I just realized one thing:

If the effects of Heavenly Voice were switched, it would suddenly be an "omg that's awesome" talent.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Wowtal's version of Surge of Light is incorrect. Holy Nova should be Flash Heal, just as it is on live now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    Wowtal's version of Surge of Light is incorrect. Holy Nova should be Flash Heal, just as it is on live now.
    Any particular source you're pulling that from? I just logged onto my Beta Priest; it says Holy Nova and after critting it most certainly didn't give me a free/instant Flash Heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how much I look at Body and Soul it just seems more PvP Utility than PvE Utility.
    B&S is incredibly useful for fights where you have to stay out of "the stuff on the ground". Especially for Defile at the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata View Post
    Well, it does make sense that they removed Improved Holy Nova, then. Saddening, that talent (and skill) could've given Priests quite some benefits. Hmpf, I don't know anymore what I want. Free Flash Heal or free Holy Nova.

No matter how much I look at Body and Soul it just seems more PvP Utility than PvE Utility. Though again I don't like the hymn spells that much at all. So I can see myself making that exchange of talent points.
    Marrowgarr: Run away from bonestorm
    Lady Deathwhisper: Run away from ghosts
    Saurfang: Help a range run away from beasts
    Rotface: Run to the ooze
    Festergut: Run the spore to the melee
    Putricide: SO MANY! Run away from the orange, run the plague to someone before you die, speed the abom to a far pool
    Valithria: Kiters rejoice!
    Sindrigosa: Run out of Blistering Cold, or help a baddie!
    Blood Princes: Get that Kinetic! Help the Keleseth tank get around for more orbs. Get somewhere with minimal Shadow Prison stacks.
    Blood Queen: Run that shadow flame out of the raid. Faster merges on Pact.
    Lich King: Get the plague to the shamblings, run out of Shadowtrap, run out of defile, run away from the Lich King cause someone just died in Frostmourne.
    Halion: Run those debuffs out!

That's every endgame fight. Talk about PvE utility!

Body and soul should be fun with Lifegrip too. Oooh, that guy needs to be.. over... *run run run run* ...here!

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post

Binding Prayers?
    Heavenly Voice?

Probably because B&S gives PvP benefits that aren't necessary for PvE. (speed increase useful in PvP and cleanses a poison on yourself when you cleanse disease on yourself, also useful in PvP).

Neither of those are necessary in PvE considering everyone should be able to run out of stuff or to stuff on their own without asking me to PW:S them and plenty of other classes can cleanse poisons in a raid.

Binding Prayers - Sure I hate that it's not Healing Prayers and effects PoM and PoH, and I don't use Binding Heal all that often.
    Heavenly Voice - Again, I'm not much of a fan of Divine Hymn or Hymn of Hope, but why not add some small bonus' to them whenever I do decide to randomly use them.

What is there to get instead?
    Blessed Resilience - Lawl PvP what?
    SoL - Depending on how awesome Holy Nova is, I can see myself dropping points in Binding Prayers or Heavenly Voice to pick this up.
    SoR - Was only really useful for its 5% Spirit buff. The side effect of being able to heal for a short period of time after death was ok.

As for Imp. Inner Fire and Evangelism/Archangel, those can be interchangeable as well depending on if mana is needed or spellpower is needed.

At one point I was looking at Veiled Shadows as well. Which is why I love these new trees. They offer a good amount of core to each tree with different types of utility/benefits that you can choose to pick up. If mana is a big deal, then sure drop Imp. Innerfire or Evangelion/Archangel and make sure you can get points in Veiled Shadows to pop Shadow Fiend more often.

If you're hell bent on B&S though, have fun with your random speed increases and cleansing your own poisons. When you could have another random bonus on other abilities, depending on what you go with.

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 05:09 PM ----------

B&S is incredibly useful for fights where you have to stay out of "the stuff on the ground". Especially for Defile at the Lich King.
    Makes sense, however, moving your character to "stay out of stuff" isn't exactly hard. Sure those few and far between gimmick fights it might pay off. But so may one of the other talents that gives a benefit for some other few and far between gimmick.
    Last edited by Caladia; 2010-08-18 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, however, moving your character to "stay out of stuff" isn't exactly hard. Sure those few and far between gimmick fights it might pay off. But so may one of the other talents that gives a benefit for some other few and far between gimmick.
    That's what the developers are trying to do with Cataclysm. They offer you several useful abilities to pick from, but you can only pick a few. Then it's up to the player to decide which ones they deem more useful, which results into more unique specs.

I could say the same about Shadow Fiend as well. If you have to pop it more than normal, then the people are taking too much damage or the other healers aren't healing well enough (or you're just wasting mana). Same thing with Body and Soul: people should be able to do just fine without it, but there'll always be a situation where it proves its worth. Some will prefer Veiled Shadows, some will prefer Body and Soul.

That's what the developers are trying to do with Cataclysm. They offer you several useful abilities to pick from, but you can only pick a few. Then it's up to the player to decide which ones they deem more useful, which results into more unique specs.

I could say the same about Shadow Fiend as well. If you have to pop it more than normal, then the people are taking too much damage or the other healers aren't healing well enough (or you're just wasting mana). Same thing with Body and Soul: people should be able to do just fine without it, but there'll always be a situation where it proves its worth. Some will prefer Veiled Shadows, some will prefer Body and Soul.
    I agree completely with this.

I hope I didn't sound too defensive with my choices of talents, I just don't think the other choices are any more valid so I said why. I know in early Wrath I spent a bit of extra talents in Disc to give me a larger mana pool and make things cost less so I was unable to reach Guardian Spirit. This was just to help with pushing through earlier raid content while still under geared and once I was able to support myself fully with more of a full Holy build I switched to it.

With the ability to get a lot of the "core" talents from a tree with different choices on play style on the way I think they're able to broaden each tree/spec just that little bit more. Some might want the Veiled Shadows to pop Shadow Fiend more often early on for mana, others may like to use Binding Heal (I know I don't really..) so Binding Prayers is a good build. Looks like Holy Nova will get more use from being raid wide instead of party restriction so SoL will benefit using that more often. Though I'm kind of sad face it's not Flash Heal, as Flash Heal from SoL procs helped build Serendipity stacks.

Which makes it a little better to support multiple players of a single spec to still change it up a little to coordinate with each other, rather than just all being the same.