10+ Year Old Account

Starcraft II, payment every month?

I have been thinking about buying Starcraft II, but I don't know if it will be too expensive.

So.. I have had some thoughts..

To play Starcraft II, do you need Starcraft I installed or not?
    Starcraft II payment - is it the same payment methods as WoW? Pating every month via creditcard or with gamecards? Or do you only need to pay for it when you buy it?
    And is it possible to have Starcraft II on the same battle.net account as I have WoW on?

Thank you for patience and answers (if I get some).

-You don't need StarCraft 1
    -StarCraft 2 has no monthly fee*
    -Yes, same account

*Some countries have a system where rather than pay the whole price up front you can pay a monthly fee for a period of time. But I'm assuming that's not what you're asking.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need SC1.

It's a 60$(USD, not sure other places) one time only fee, but depending on where you live you might be able to pay monthly instead. I think it's only in South America and Russia, however.(Prolly wrong on the countries, I'd have the check...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    -You don't need StarCraft 1
    -StarCraft 2 has no monthly fee*
    -Yes, same account
    /Thread

On a side note, there's a small text on the backside of the box:
    "Additional online fees may apply, and player is responsible for all applicable Internet fees."
    0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    /Thread

"Additional online fees may apply, and player is responsible for all applicable Internet fees."
    0_o
    This is referring to the fees to maintain your internet connection. Every blizzard game has listed this on the box afaik. It's just an extra layer of legal protection.

e: My box leaves out the "additional online fees me apply"

It's a 60$(USD, not sure other places) one time only fee, but depending on where you live you might be able to pay monthly instead. I think it's only in South America and Russia, however.(Prolly wrong on the countries, I'd have the check...)
    This is not just America or Russia, this is a payment system that is commonly used all around the world. Instead of paying everything at once, u pay small parts of the price every month (this method is usally more expensive than a direct buy becasue of the interest). This does not have anything to do with Blizzard, but with the store u are buying it from.

/Thread

0_o
    This is the fee for your internet connection, as u need internet to play SC2 (need to register your SC2 copy on your battle.net acc).

It's a separate game, not an expnasion to SC1, no monthly fee, and yes, u can have all your blizzard games on one battle.net account (I for example have WoW, SC2, WC3 and WC3:TFT, and Cata Beta on my account)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    This is not just America or Russia, this is a payment system that is commonly used all around the world. Instead of paying everything at once, u pay small parts of the price every month (this method is usally more expensive than a direct buy becasue of the interest). This does not have anything to do with Blizzard, but with the store u are buying it from.
    I'm pretty sure these cheaper versions exist and are sold in some countries. There's a $15 version with 4 months of prepaid time and $25 version with 12 months of prepaid time. After that time expires player's account is frozen and he has to pay to upgrade his licence to a full one. Total price is higher that way though. So it's something like a trial thing that gets people, who don't want to pay $60 for a game they're not familiar with, addicted to SC2 and once the time expires most of them probably save up for a full game.

Not sure if anyone has said, but you can get it far cheaper if you don't but it directly from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I have been thinking about buying Starcraft II, but I don't know if it will be too expensive.

* You don't need Starcraft I. They are two separate games.

* The only thing you pay is for the actual game. I paid £39.99 for mine.

* It's not only possible to have it on the same b.net account but recommended.