Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    yeah, I did 18.9k on rotface with DFO + sindra trinket.
    I would give you world of logs links, but I can't put url's in yet, not enough psots -,-
    but feel free to go to WoL. I'm on [EU]Auchindoun in a guild called Secrecy, same name as my account here.

gief armory link, I wanna know where I'm missing nearly 150 haste without a 2nd haste trinket, whilst being in virtually BiS gear. Unless you gem full haste ;D
    (Also, i'm talking about affliction, not the cheating 300% spell stones from demo!)
    Hmm, dps to Rotface in that fight? 14993.8 dps. So pretty much on a par with what others are getting then. Mind you I don't really get impressed by folks who game the meters by wasting casts on oozes 'cause they want their epeen rubbed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runc View Post
    Hmm, dps to Rotface in that fight? 14993.8 dps. So pretty much on a par with what others are getting then. Mind you I don't really get impressed by folks who game the meters by wasting casts on oozes 'cause they want their epeen rubbed.
    Its not about stroking epeen. Whats the point in DPS'ing if you don't want to do good?..
    if you look at all the top records from affliction warlocks, they are all DoTing oozes, nothing wrong with it
    its all about getting as much damage out of the encounter as possible, if you want to compete for records.
    I wouldn't be doing that if it was progression obviously, thats just silly, but saying its just a farm boss, why not have fun a try and compete with the best in the world? :/

edit: btw, go to the 28/7 log if you want to see my DPS when I focussed 100% on rotface, and that was in worse gear.
    Last edited by mmocf31b57ee4e; 2010-08-23 at 04:30 PM.

So before this becomes an e-peen stroking fest to answer the OP's question about 960 vs 1100 haste is simple.

As you get more and more haste the amount of time that comes off a spell cast gets really small. I don't have the formulas infront of me or care to look them up but I think after 1100ish haste the amount that comes off per 1% is like a hundreth of a second. It's too small of a difference for you to notice w/o the aid of add ons and what not.

However those hundreths of a second add up and so from 960 haste to 1296 you'll see casts and your GCD go much faster. So its less about how fast you feel as compared to how fast the game is reading it. Also another poster posted something in here about haste stacking and ignoring socket bonuses being bad. I agree.

For one main reason. When the timers get so close together and you get so much haste, on a perfect day with impossibly human reaction times, you will beable to pull insane DPS. However movement, target switching and what not will definately play with your DPS.

I've raied with ppl close or above 6k GS and I'm at 5.1k GS in my lock (he's an alt but I love that goofy bastard) and have gemmed to get socket bonuses and basically eyeballed a lot of my stats and what not, and have pulled close to 9k in badge only gear. Zero T10 other then one trinket. Yes I was lower then most people, but I never felt that I truly hindered a raid. Yes 15k or something else is awesome and obviously much much higher, but you're not hindering a raid by only pulling 7k to 9k DPS. Infact I believe a guild has cleared most of ICC 10M with the average DPS of the guild only around 5k w/o hitting any enrage timers.

So if you truly truly want to push your guy as far as he can go on DPS meters, spreadsheet it up and follow exactly what they tell you to. If you're like me and use two add ons for your lock, bartender 4 and recount (no DBM or anything) pull 9k and never die to standing in something seven shades of wrong, you'll be fine building and gemming your guy in a way that you feel is comfortable. Just make sure you know your guy, know the rotation and don't do dumb things.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.