Motion Control and 3d

Am I the only one who think Sony and Microsoft are becoming ridiculous with the motion controls? And on a side note, why is Sony trying to make all games basically 3D now?

I don't get it, why not just keep games controller based and 2d like they've always been? I've always found them fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    If you don't like 3d, perhaps you should start reading crappy old comic strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    If you don't like 3d, perhaps you should start reading crappy old comic strips.
    It's not that. Migranes. Can't watch 3D for too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It's not that. Migranes. Can't watch 3D for too long.
    lol just pulling your leg :P anyway don't the games have an option to play non-3d? Atleast for pc I can play either 3d or non-3d for the games that support nvidia 3d goggles.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see 3D gaming going far. Yea watching a movie in 3D for 2 hours and less is ok but playing a game that (hopefully) has enough playability to keep you in for a very long time, the 3D would just get old and tiring and would probably give you a serious eye strain. Yes they may have the option to play the game in non-3D but the game would also go up from what I thought was ridiculous $59.99 to a base price of $69.99, or higher just because of the technology. Paying that much for *just* the game is way to much, I could see spending that much for a collectors edition but as a base price it would just be painful on the wallet. This is one thing I hope ends before it even begins.

As for the motion gaming, meh, I don't have a problem with it, the Wii is fun, but seeing it with serious games with intense graphics could be fun for awhile too, on the Xbox. (The dildo-wand PS3 motion controller is just weird...). But it'll eventually get old and tiring as well. I'd personally rather see them just make a new console or something better instead of trying to be just like the other "next gen" console.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is this 3D gaming? Anyone got a link to a game that uses this?

OT: People are running out of ideas for games in terms of content and mechanics, so changing the way a game is played or experienced rather than the game itself is what they're going for I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    What exactly is this 3D gaming? Anyone got a link to a game that uses this?

OT: People are running out of ideas for games in terms of content and mechanics, so changing the way a game is played or experienced rather than the game itself is what they're going for I'd imagine.
    Almost every game since 2008. Just google Nvidia 3d goggles and they have a list of games that actually have 3d (and yes it's real 3d I have it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Almost every game since 2008. Just google Nvidia 3d goggles and they have a list of games that actually have 3d (and yes it's real 3d I have it)
    Oh, you mean 3D visuals? I was thinking some VR junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.