Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Disc Priest questions....

I have some questions about disc priest talents with Cataclysm talent tree...

1. Asumming you have all talents that increase Power Word:Shield and counting masteries but no extra masterie points and you had 15,000 SP you would shield the target from 7,776.8991 Damage, am i correct about this? or does the masterie multiply the total after all talents by 20% if so how much would it shield?

2.If you have the talent Reflective Sield and you casted pwoer word:shield on a target OTHER than yourself would it still reflect the 45% of damage?

3.Are you able to have Power Word:Shield, Divine Aegis, and Power Word:Barrier on the same target all at once? I unterstand useing them all at the same time would be pointless but still... and what one would dissapear first from damage taken not duraturation.

4. Well... Thanks for helping/reading

EDIT. My Main is a Resto/crappy feral Druid so im not saying i know priests im just interested in them.
    Last edited by Erroon; 2010-08-18 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Main Character

15000 SP? That is overdoing it a bit.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    15000 SP? That is overdoing it a bit.
    Yea... I believe theres a one handed crafted dagger(not even heroic instance or raiding quality) that alone had 2000 spell power... i think we will be looking at average 15,000 Spellpower
    Last edited by Erroon; 2010-08-18 at 03:33 AM.

Based on percentages for weapons, which are 15-20% of total spell power, you'd be looking at more like 8-10k in the beginning and *maybe* reaching near 15k by the end of the xpac.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Based on percentages for weapons, which are 15-20% of total spell power, you'd be looking at more like 8-10k in the beginning and *maybe* reaching near 15k by the end of the xpac.
    What about also totally gemming with top spell power gems? and IMO weapons are 8-15% of total spell power i understand not much of a difference but still and this was just to get my math right i was saying healer are going to have 15k SP i could have said 100k SP its basiclly a numeral holder

not to highjack or anything, but how well to beta players like the healing AND damage mode for disc?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    not to highjack or anything, but how well to beta players like the healing AND damage mode for disc?
    I didnt see many disc dps talents

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erroon View Post
    I have some questions about disc priest talents with Cataclysm talent tree...

1. Asumming you have all talents that increase Power Word:Shield and counting masteries but no extra masterie points and you had 15,000 SP you would shield the target from 7,776.8991 Damage, am i correct about this? or does the masterie multiply the total after all talents by 20% if so how much would it shield?

2.If you have the talent Reflective Sield and you casted pwoer word:shield on a target OTHER than yourself would it still reflect the 45% of damage?

3.Are you able to have Power Word:Shield, Divine Aegis, and Power Word:Barrier on the same target all at once? I unterstand useing them all at the same time would be pointless but still... and what one would dissapear first from damage taken not duraturation.

4. Well... Thanks for helping/reading

EDIT. My Main is a Resto/crappy feral Druid so im not saying i know priests im just interested in them.
    Please help!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Bonuses can be multiplied in any order. It doesn't matter; the result will be the same.

2. Well, Reflective Shield doesn't reflect damage unless PW: Shield is cast on yourself on live; it's probably the same in beta.

3. Yes. The weakest gets consumed first.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    1. Bonuses can be multiplied in any order. It doesn't matter; the result will be the same.

2. Well, Reflective Shield doesn't reflect damage unless PW: Shield is cast on yourself on live; it's probably the same in beta.

Thank you very much your quite helpful

Isn't PW: Barrier a spell that lets you throw a PW: Shield on an entire group with a single cast?

Also, isn't there a set priority to which shield gets consumed first?
    As I understand it, PW: Shield gets "hit" after everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroon View Post
    I didnt see many disc dps talents

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 12:00 AM ----------

Is there some way other than smite to gain Evangelism? I thought Evangelism/Archangel were supposed to be pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhp View Post
    Isn't PW: Barrier a spell that lets you throw a PW: Shield on an entire group with a single cast?

Also, isn't there a set priority to which shield gets consumed first?
    As I understand it, PW: Shield gets "hit" after everything else.
    Power Word: Shield is usually strongest, so it would indeed go last most of the time.

PW: Barrier is like Anti-Magic Zone for all damage. It creates a zone that absorbs all damage on anyone who stands in it up to a certain amount. I have no idea how it interacts with other aborbs, actually, so someone who's actually tested it would have to let us know.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Power Word: Shield is usually strongest, so it would indeed go last most of the time.

PW: Barrier is like Anti-Magic Zone for all damage. It creates a zone that absorbs all damage on anyone who stands in it up to a certain amount. I have no idea how it interacts with other aborbs, actually, so someone who's actually tested it would have to let us know.
    Oh i thought it was like a strong shield on 1 target

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    BTW i got in BETA recently and 15,000 isnt that hard to get lol

Deleted

I've use it on the ptr and it used to be impossible to shield under it, this has been fixed.

Divine aegis will drop off first from damage, then PW:S, finally PW:B will drop off, havent tested how this works with a pallys absorbs or a DK's mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    I've use it on the ptr and it used to be impossible to shield under it, this has been fixed.

Divine aegis will drop off first from damage, then PW:S, finally PW:B will drop off, havent tested how this works with a pallys absorbs or a DK's mastery.

Really? I was guessing PW:B would be the first to apply.
    As fas as I know, PW:B works like an aoe Sacred Shield, cutting off X damage from each attack while you're under it, so it would make sense that it reduces the incoming damage before applying the absorbs.

If it really goes last it's not good news... not good news at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Nop PW:B tooltip states that it absorbs 8196damage from each player from each hit they take until it absorbs a total of 41k damage (for me).So yea if you take a 10k say fireblast it will absorb the 8k and you will take only the 2k,.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Really? I was guessing PW:B would be the first to apply.
    As fas as I know, PW:B works like an aoe Sacred Shield, cutting off X damage from each attack while you're under it, so it would make sense that it reduces the incoming damage before applying the absorbs.

If it really goes last it's not good news... not good news at all.
    Well i'll double check but i was duelling a DK when i was checking what order they fall off in so it could have been the case where this happened.

Hit for 11k, PW:B takes 8k, 3k hits Aegis
    Hit for 11k, PW:B takes 8k, 3k hits Aegis
    Hit for 11k, PW:B takes 8k, 3k hits Shield
    Hit for 11k, PW:B takes 8k, 3k hits Heath pool
    Hit for 11k, Face takes 11k damage

but it didnt seem like it when i was testing. because if memory serves the Barrier was up a good fair few hits after the others dropped off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elothie View Post
    Nop PW:B tooltip states that it absorbs 8196damage from each player from each hit they take until it absorbs a total of 41k damage (for me).So yea if you take a 10k say fireblast it will absorb the 8k and you will take only the 2k,.
    My point exactly, takes X damage out of each hit.
    In your example I was assuming that if you take as 10k Fireblast, 8k will be absorbed by PW:B, and the remaining 2k only will hit against DA/PW:S.

@Fianzo: it could have been up because it still had absorption left. If it goes like in your list, then its ok, means PW:B kicks in first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    My point exactly, takes X damage out of each hit.
    In your example I was assuming that if you take as 10k Fireblast, 8k will be absorbed by PW:B, and the remaining 2k only will hit against DA/PW:S.

@Fianzo: it could have been up because it still had absorption left. If it goes like in your list, then its ok, means PW:B kicks in first.
    The way i described it in my last post is the only other way i'd think it would have got through, but honestly i just thought it was;

Hits 8k Aegis drops off, hits 10k shield drops off, then there was like 5 hits that were pure barrier. But i'll check again when im not sleepy and want to bother testing :P