Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is neither a story about a clever use of mechanics nor about amazing skill, but I found it amusing. Guarding LM as a 'lock, a horribly-geared and worse-played shadow priest would continually come and try to solo the node. Not only was he no match for me, LM was our main spawning point, so he'd usually be facing two or three of us.

This priest apparently thought that it would be a bad thing to die to us, however, so he would frequently jump off the cliff. (He would die doing so, which confused me... can't priests levitate?)

One time, however, he was killed just as he jumped off - and his corpse stayed floating in the air just a few yards from the edge.

While humerous, that wasn't the funny part. A rogue on my team kept looting all the bodies "for the gold." At first, he seemed upset that he couldn't get to the priest's corpse - but then he had a great idea: he would jump and loot it in mid-air.

He not only failed to get the money, he managed to die trying...

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was funny when i would be fighting a warrior and after he would bladestorm i would just disengage to get away, and since he would not be quick enough to catch up with me he would just sit and try to kill my pet. than my pet would start channeling lick your wounds, so by the time the warrior had died, my pet had just healed itself through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

On my warrior: Was in WSG, we were stomping them pretty good and blocked them at their half of the map, but I saw a half-decently geared rogue at 22-24K HP running past and figured I'd try to stop her, as too often battles has been dragged out too long because of inability to stop the carrier. I then realized I was just at 11K HP(I'm in pretty decent PvP+some PvE-gear, so I'm a bit over 30K max), but I figured I'd bandage and just pop enraged regen. However, the rogue had seen me coming and surprised me with a sap. I trinkeded the oncoming stun, popped shield block, got in three revenge without her not being able to touch me, then switched to battle stance, rended and prepared to overpower her evasion, but instead she tried to run. And died from deep wounds and rend before I got to charge. I frickin hate rogues, so stomping in the face of one going for a cheap kill at one third HP while she was at full was pretty damn fun.

WG on my horde DK, there's this guy who 5-boxes moonkins and the alliance on Turaylon have like 15+ stacks every time, he melted our entire team by popping Starfall, people were getting one shot left and right, was epicly funny, he'd also run around and spam moonfire one shotting wrathful folk

i twinked out a dk at 69 bracket (before frost nerfs) and i was doing ab and it just seemed like i was owning like 4-5 people at a time... they would all huddle together and i would use HB and FS and literally be two shotting people. it was so fun... when i came back to lm during one game, there was a few players that would jump off lm so that i wouldnt get the hk or w/e reason... im pretty sure i was evil laughing the whole time.

Two stories I have.

The first was in Eye of the storm. I was playing on a Fire Mage in the center near the flag and a shammy came up and thunderstormed me off the cliff. Well I came back later in the battle and it was just him and I running to the middle again so I prepared myself. I put myself near the edge and faced away from the edge. As he came up infront of my and thunderstormed I flew off the edge, blinked immediately back onto the ledge (like mages used to do in TBC when fighting archimonde), ran a step forward and hit Blast Wave thus knocking his ass off the edge of the cliff. I laughed so hard as his body flew all the way down the canyon!

The second story started with me on my rogue accidentally dieing in ICC where we were fighting the Valkyr and I popped Killing Spree and it ported me behind the valk who was still floating and when it stopped i realized my body was over the edge and i fell to my death. Well a few weeks later in another Eye of the Storm i kept running into a Rogue on alliance that seemed to have a vendetta to try and kill me. He wasn't very geared but decently skilled and always popped killing spree on me. So I saw him sitting down near the flag getting his health up with a bleed on him, sp I ran up to him and opened up on him. I was stunning him when he trinket'd and immediately popped killing spree just as i hoped. Thankfully I had positioned myself with my back to the edge of the bridge and he ported behind me for his 5 hits and afterwards dropped off the cliff to his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I was on my hunter, and my friend logged on to his druid. He was a little new to the game I admit. He was playing feral, I was Marks. We were both in the 50-59 bracket, so I figured, hey, lets pvp. I assumed he knew a little about his class at this lvl so I figured we would do alright.

So, we go in WSG, and I'm up against this war, I know I can't solo him, so I shout out to my friend for a little help... Then, out of nowhere, my lvl 57 druid friend comes charging at this warrior, in night elf form... and beating him with his staff.. The warrior kills us both.

So I'm like "dude.. why aren't you in cat form?" And he tells me "Cat form sucks. I can't play in cat form."

Throughout the bg I see him several times charging at melee, ranged or whatever he could see in night elf form and trying to bash ppl with his stick (constantly complaining how everyone else is so OP). I spent the rest of the bg trying to convince him cat form, or even bear form would have been better. After the bg though I finally convinced him to practice cat form some, and after about 20 mins he was like "Damn, this is better." o.O
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Probably not THE FUNNIEST, but it happened today and made me chuckle.

I was in WSG on my mage, and horde seriously had six or seven healers on their team, more than half of them were resto druids. So of course, we're kind of screwed, healers win BGs. After they get the first cap, I grab their flag on my mage right away since I was on offense failing at killing a tree FC with 2 healers defending and take off.

I get back to our base easily enough, but as you can guess, horde had our flag again with way more heals than we could deal with.

For the next 15+ minutes, three resto druids chased my mage all over the Alliance base, spamming moonfire and shit on me, I just kept spellstealing their rejuvs and running like hell. Till finally, with one minute left in the game, somehow our offense finally recaps our flag. I immediately book it for the cap, and barely make it there before ANOTHER RESTO DRUID can grab ours again.

One minute later, the game ends 1-1. We won because we capped last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    hahaha i love how a good deal of these stories involve thunderstorms and rogues..keep em coming ladies and gents!
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

A hunter in eye of the storm tried running from me by disengaging off the cliff into the pit of doom. Thank you for letting me save my thunderstorm for the 3 team mates of yours trying to get the flag.

Watching a paladin jump into the pit of doom in Eye of the Storm, only to be Death gripped back up and annihilated by the several alliance waiting.

Thwarting suicide attempts is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedPaladin View Post
    Watching a paladin jump into the pit of doom in Eye of the Storm, only to be Death gripped back up and annihilated by the several alliance waiting.

Thwarting suicide attempts is fun.
    Damn you DKs! All I wanted to do was Rocket Boots + Parachute from LM to BS!

But back to the topic at hand: Disarming Brostorming Arms Warriors never gets old.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2010-08-18 at 11:49 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Damn you DKs! All I wanted to do was Rocket Boots + Parachute from LM to BS!
    Oh, I almost forgot about that one! It's even better when you Rocket Boots + Parachute after Death Gripping whoever did it before you back.

Seeing horde flee from a rogue/fury warrior using the fist weapons from ZG after they procced, it was hilarious...

10+ Year Old Account
    eye of the storm or ab lumbermill playing a fire mage, balance druid, elemental shaman or priest....oww the times i have dotted and then watched many fall to their death :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    good times with death grip...reminds me of the 55-59 pvp bracket with my DK...everyone got so befuddled when 5-6 Dk's were ping ponging them around like the belf boss in nexus.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen alliance get pwnd and then taking it to the forums real funny

Probably not funny for many of you, but this was funny for me

In SotA, being an ele shaman. We were just beginning, with us defending. Out of nowhere a ret paladin jumps me with HoJ. I trinket, throw down Earthbind, and ghost wolf out, but I decided to have some fun. I ran the max range of Flame Shock (45 yards) and would Flame shock, and back to Ghost wolf while he chased me. Got him to about half before he tried to run, but I chased him and kept flame shocking. Finally he stopped to heal at like 15% health, which lets me wind shear, Lava Burst, GG.

Now take in mind this guy was in mostly relentless gear, and I'm in pretty much furious gear.

I was doing AB with a couple buddies (DK & Disc priest). We had just taken the LM and saw that the BS was in trouble. My buddy DK mounted up and called for a levitate as he ran towards the edge. The priest says he casted it but the DK had a hilarious looking death jump as he didnt go nearly far enough without levitate. Apparently you can't cast levitate on mounted targets; I'm not sure if that's true or the priest was just messing with him, but we still laugh about it.

I got bored the other day and went sub for pvp

I got in ab saw a lock with no resil so i'd ambush him and saw my number hit 17k and one shot him

So i camped graveyard for half an hour just 1 shotting him for the rest of the game