Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Lightbulb [We Are Legendary] and the Dark Phoenix = Good Idea?

When I read the hypothetical post regarding the guild achievement and Award system, I thought that Blizzard's example of We Are Legendary granting the Dark Phoenix sounded like a solid idea!

Not too far back people started bleeting about how upset they were that the Dark Phoenix was a guild reward, bringing up old TRH complaints. If the Dark Phoenix was an unlockable reward from collecting every single not-removed legendary, that could very well make it about as rare as the Ashes of Al'ar given most legendaries are based heavily in RNG, it'd be like farming for the ashes six times over.

That is, unless, some clever player rallies together a wielder of each legendary, it would still take some time to build up Guild rep to buy it.

Also, just an idea given we have a Dark Phoenix Hatchling...
    A tiered achivement in that aquiring ONE legendary weapon unlocks the Hatchling, collecting them all unlocks the mount.
    Last edited by Nenavn; 2010-08-18 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Oops
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Was I correct in reading that it doesnt matter if you have the legendary item already and that upon release, you would need someone to get it after release? Or will we able to count the legendaries we have now?

I think it counts the legendaries we have now.
    If it didn't... Man that would make that Phoenix one of the harder mounts to obtain.
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

I knew someone would do this thread, but still it's so stupid.

It was an example, it won't happen.

Farming old content for old legendary weapons doesn't sound very fun to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgon View Post
    Obtain Atiesh and you can get your mount!

Players:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Dawwwwwww

That achievement requires the guild to gain access to all 6 legendary weapons currently available in the game. (note that all guild achievements start on Cataclysm launch, so anything you have now will not matter, it must be done with your guild after launch)

copy and paste from blue

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgon View Post
    But people still do it. It's a noteworthy achievement to obtain a legendary weapon like Sulfuras or Thunderfury.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Obtain Atiesh and you can get your mount!

Players:
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Atiesh isn't in the achievement anymore, I think.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between over here and over there
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    I think it counts the legendaries we have now.
    copy+paste blue post

That achievement requires the guild to gain access to all 6 legendary weapons currently available in the game. (note that all guild achievements start on Cataclysm launch, so anything you have now will not matter, it must be done with your guild after launch)

You get your chances multiplied tenthfold if you get some of your guild members farming the same level 60 raid every lockout until it drops for one, proceed the the next instance etc. etc.

Sulfuras and Ashkandi should be easy enough. Shadowmourne and Val'nayr will be a bit more tricky, and Thori'dal will be annoying as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a achevment of that difficulty (i know it was hypothetical) for a mount that cool and unique is fitting. I wouldnt have it any other way

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a person in my guild with thunderfury, sulfuras, and shadowmourne... but they only count after cata launch... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I think a achevment of that difficulty (i know it was hypothetical) for a mount that cool and unique is fitting. I wouldnt have it any other way
    Reward: Dark Phoenix Mount
    Requirments:

We are Legendary (Achievement)
    Death to the Deathbringer! (Achievement)

Now, I guess this would make it a rare mount :/
    Dawwwwwww

I have no problems with "we are legendary" being required for the mount.

I have problems with the legendaries my guild currently has, not counting towards "We are legendary". As seems to be denoted by the blue post.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Honestly, I think that by after cataclysm launch they mean that if you did obtain the mace back in ulduar, but the player who got it left the guild, it won't count, but if the player is still in the guild, I guess it will count.
    Last edited by Shinen; 2010-08-18 at 07:55 AM.

I began my quest for Sulfuras, Thunderfury and Shadowmourne a few weeks ago. Now I'll just hold on to all the drops and mats until Cataclysm, then BAM! 3/6

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Reward: Dark Phoenix Mount
    Requirments:

We are Legendary (Achievement)
    Death to the Deathbringer! (Achievement)

Now, I guess this would make it a rare mount :/
    I dont get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Vetrith View Post
    You get your chances multiplied tenthfold if you get some of your guild members farming the same level 60 raid every lockout until it drops for one, proceed the the next instance etc. etc.

Sulfuras and Ashkandi should be easy enough. Shadowmourne and Val'nayr will be a bit more tricky, and Thori'dal will be annoying as hell.
    Sunwell is rofflewaffles with any 10 competent level 80 players. I'm sure it'll become even easier in Cataclysm. By Ashkandi I think you mean Thunderfury and you forgot Warglaives as one of the most annoying.

Personally, I think either Shadowmourne or Warglaives will be the most annoying lgendaries to get, if only for the difficulty of grabbing enough players week after week for tiny drop rates/"hard" modes on 25. We'll see, though.

On Topic: I'd be totally cool with the dark phoenix or some equally-epic guild reward mount being unlocked after 'We Are Legendary' has been completed. Knowing Blizzard, though..I doubt it will reward anything but 'cheivement points and a large chunk of guild XP/Rep...assuming you haven't maxed those already after all this crazy grinding.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2010-08-18 at 08:01 AM. Reason: More On Topic

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I dont get it?
    Kill Deathwing and obtain every legendary, making this Mount unavailable until you kill Deathwing as a Guild and your guild needs to be devoted enough to get every Legendary in game.
    Dawwwwwww