Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

SC2: Unlimited time with free trial.

I posted this on the official SC2 forums and I thought I should let you guys know.

"My free trial expired a few days ago and I decided to check out the credits of the game.
    Shortly after the credits ended I got a message saying I lost connection.

Guess what? It gave me the option to play offline.

I suppose if I would lose my connection any other way, it would work too. I haven't tested this though.
    I'm pretty sure it's not intended for people with a 7-hour trial to play the whole campaign after the 7 hours have expired.

Well, I thought I would let you guys know.
    Great game by the way, I love it.

Now I'll continue playing the whole campaign for free. But don't worry, I'm going to buy the game anyway really soon, because I want to play online too.

Good luck fixing fixing this bug!"

So, have fun playing the campaign for free while they haven't fixed it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is interested?

they could/should disable offline play for the trial version i guess

Deleted
    I hope they find you and ban you and also that your wow characters are on the same battle.net account.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I hope they find you and ban you and also that your wow characters are on the same battle.net account.
    Lolwut?

I found this bug by accident. You can't be serious right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Lolwut?

I found this bug by accident. You can't be serious right?
    I bet you're spreading it on these forums by accident too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet you're spreading it on these forums by accident too.
    Dude, it's Blizzards mistake, not mine.

Deleted
    Dude, it's Blizzards mistake, not mine.
    It's againt TOS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they are gonna ban his wow accounts for this.

It's againt TOS.
    Where?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's againt TOS.
    I made the same thread on the official SC2 forum about 5 days ago. Not a single blue post and they haven't even deleted the thread.
    They're probably too busy reading through all those complaints they're getting.

I made the same thread on the official SC2 forum about 5 days ago. Not a single blue post and they haven't even deleted the thread.
    They're probably too busy reading through all those complaints they're getting.
    What complaints? Thought most people were happy with the game?

Shadosta - 85 / Rain (Alt) - 85/ Cøach (Retired) - 85 /Justicar (Alt) - 64

Quote Originally Posted by Shadosta View Post
    Doesn't take a lot of people to fill a forum with vitriol.

Deleted
    Shame I was actually decent enough to buy the full game. Since its one game that I actually think is well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadosta View Post
    Mostly that Zerg are underpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazbi View Post
    Mostly that Zerg are underpowered
    At risk of starting a StarCraft 2 argument in this thread, my own personal guess as a Zerg player is that most people who play Zerg don't get them. The Zerg have a very different vibe relative to the Terrans and Protoss; I've met several players now who tell me they like Terran or Protoss but just can't figure the Zerg out. This situation is made worse because you have no opportunity to play the Zerg in the campaign, which I think many new players are deriving their original judgement from.

A lot of zerg debates also stem from the tournaments. There's only like what, 45~ zerg players out of the tournament compared to T/P having twice as many each or so (I honestly don't remember the numbers). But one of the top NA is a zerg player, so the argument goes both ways. Zerg will definitely become more popular with the Swarm campaign, but who knows when that's coming out..

Also, I hear a lot of complaints about zerg having no real counter to MMM, which can pretty much boost you to plat league when played correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    A lot of zerg debates also stem from the tournaments. There's only like what, 45~ zerg players out of the tournament compared to T/P having twice as many each or so (I honestly don't remember the numbers). But one of the top NA is a zerg player, so the argument goes both ways. Zerg will definitely become more popular with the Swarm campaign, but who knows when that's coming out..
    Also, there are 21 Zergs in the world top 100.

Also, I hear a lot of complaints about zerg having no real counter to MMM, which can pretty much boost you to plat league when played correctly.
    MMM has been easy to beat ever since Phase 1 beta, the issue currently is Mech. Hellions/Tanks counter all ground Zerg have, and Thors counter Mutas really well.

Hellion/Tanks can MELT almost any amount of non-ultralisk ground units. 3 Thors can dominate 20+ Mutas assuming the Mutas aren't spread out.

Zerg are not doing well in the tournament scene lately vs Terran.

However, when every zerg does the exact same fast expansion opening every game your opponents get very efficient at stomping it. I don't want to say that the matchup is perfectly balanced because terran does have a lot of options to punish zerg regardless of zerg's opening, but some more inventiveness in zerg play before we rule the match-up broken would be great.

Yeah, I'm not ruling out the possibility that at high levels the Zerg may struggle with Terran. I'm not good enough to know whether this is the case. It's just my experience that people are using arguments like "Zerg is less common in tournaments" to explain why they're losing ZvT in Silver League.

Zerg needs a little fine tuning I think. However, Zerg has the hardest learning curve and the basic playstyle is considerably different from the other two races. This is part of the reason there are not many zerg players overall.