View Poll Results: Y/N

Voters
62. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I miss feeling like this is actually a world with a community and other people.

18 29.03%
  • No, I'm lazy and want to sit in town queue, do the dungeon without any words being spoken

44 70.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    This.

WoW's community has been full of dipshits since about halfway through vanilla... maybe even sooner.

OT: SeabeastRivin... did you post on the CoH forums a lot?
    I wouldn't put an exact date on it. There were a lot of jerkoffs at release, too. Exhibit A: My first guild.

There's going to be douchebags in everything you do / play. It's been said, it just introduced you to them, not somehow made people become assholes.
    Last edited by Bamboozles; 2010-08-18 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typo :)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm lazy and want to sit in town queue, do the dungeon without any words being spoken

It's the truth though.

I'd rather spam /2 to find a group, and actually play with people that will speak, and people that will help run to the instance with you

And it did make people assholes. Because if you play with someone thats not on your server, you can be all the dick you want, and drop group and never see them again. More Anonymity = More Asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Spoil View Post
    Something like you have to be within 30yds of the summoning stone to queue for it and you would get a battlegroup wide group like we have now.
    So you want to change it from standing in town and having an option to be social to standing by a stone all by yourself. I hope you see the irony in your post from that statement. I'm sure all the DPS would like nothing more then to stand in the middle of nowhere for 10-30 min just to do a random. Worst idea I've seen in a very, very long time and that's an accomplishment for a message board with as many fail ideas as this one.

My favorite part is that even though the OP phrased the second choice in such a negative way it is still the most popular choice.

the LFG system is quite good and something very good for WoW.People that don't like that tool are just people that cant understand how much good it does to the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.
    I like you.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Spoil View Post
    Ever since the LFG got the queue system i find the community in WoW has gone down the shitter. I think a good fix for the system would be to get rid of the Random dungeon queue and just have Dungeon queue. Something like you have to be within 30yds of the summoning stone to queue for it and you would get a battlegroup wide group like we have now. And while you're sitting at that stone you would be able to see the other people from your server who are also there and maybe just pick up a group there. Would get rid of that whole "lol im going to sit in town, summon me guys" type situation from when you had to trade chat pug. And would suggest more community same-server groups.
    if you believe that the LFG did that to the community then you my friend dont play wow!or you never ever read /trade/general/forums

Theres so many things wrong with this

1.I played other MMORPGs that had no dungeon finder , and you'd have to LFG for hours , or even days/weeks/months/just never get one depending on your class

2.With random member selection gone , Rogues would likely be exiled from dungeon groups just like in FFXI Puppetmasters and Beastmasters were exiled from XP groups for being underpowered. People would be like "LOLROGUE" "LOLNOAOE GTFO" and all the rogues in azeroth would have to lvl to 80 alone before being accepted to groups

3.This would utilize your own server community more yes but , what if you're like me the kind of people some people just love to hate , without any good reason even. I imagine it'd be harder to get in groups if people spread lies about you like that....

4.When a group is all from your own server , the need button becomes available to everyone and this opens opportunity for more ninjaing and if group members don't like you they may even need your shit just to spite you , not good. Or you could have someone who is selfish as hell and thinks 8 gold to himself > a "Needle encrusted scorpion" (Just reffering to good 5 man drop) for someone else
    Last edited by BTF777; 2010-08-19 at 12:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the non-biased poll :/
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

If you don't like the random dungeon finder and would rather just run heroics with people from your own server, there is nothing to stop you from putting together groups with people from the global chat channels. On my server I see people doing it quite often. In my opinion theres no good reason to get rid of the current LFG tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you make the no answer sound so depressing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BTF777 View Post
    4.When a group is all from your own server , the need button becomes available to everyone and this opens opportunity for more ninjaing and if group members don't like you they may even need your shit just to spite you , not good. Or you could have someone who is selfish as hell and thinks 8 gold to himself > a "Needle encrusted scorpion" (Just reffering to good 5 man drop) for someone else
    Or just set loot to need before greed . But yeah, non-biased poll ftw. Sitting in a city just chillin' or doing stuff IRL is fun. Skips the unnecessary traveling to each dungeon. I still know where they all are but now I can just be there in the matter of a second. Very useful tool. If you want to form your own group, do so. Then you go into the LFG tool and get to the dungeon you want instantly. To the OP, even with the LFG tool you can do it your way. No sense in arguing about it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    OP, you make the no answer sound so depressing
    It's obviously biased, but he thinks people will go back to his ways, back then if I wanted to do that last path to 80 with a dungeon I couldnt't OP, guess why? Because I wanted to make a group from Zul'drak itself, thanks to LFG, I can, so you can go ahead and hate it, but it is way to convienient, and you pug GDKP/Old raids for friends too... Or ya know, be social and go to a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    a thousand times this
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

this is like a fox news poll