Poll: Should mounts be in shadow form just because the priest is as well?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildennais View Post
    I enjoyed my mounts MORE because shadowform covered them on my priest. But that's just me.
    agreed

We can jump on scrappy looking mounts (celestial horse cough cough) and make them look half decent with epic shadowy-ness

you know whats cool? just turn of shadow form for a bit, it doesn't dismount you or anything DURR

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    shadowform covering mounts is the primary reason i made my first shadowpriest in classic.

take that away from me at your own peril.
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Most of the minor glyphs, however, actually are far less "costemtic" than some people want to believe.

As my best examples, I use two that I have. Glyph of Fading and Glyph of Shadowfiend.

Glyph of Shadowfiend is by no streath of the imagination cosmetic. It is, in fact, VITAL for PvP.

Glyph of Fading is very nice because it means you are not blowing as much mana to prevent something from whacking yuo in the face, should you pull aggro somehow.

My third glyph is Glyph of Levitate. In a way, this is I suppose cosmetic. It frees up bag space. However, as shadow and on a PvP server, it's almost vital for air ganking (which you can't say isn't fun).

I don't disagree that this idea actually isn't that bad. However, the question then remains this. What do you sacrifice for vanity? Utility. I'm not so sure about that, because it can simply lead to some very decent (or better) shadow priests making some very terrible decisions in the grand scheme of end-game content.

And let's not give bad people the ability to make more bad decisions than they already make in this game. That's my philosophy. :P

Lastly, if you ge this, I want glyph of Holyform as a minor, so I can be glowy and white and pretty. See, NOW look what you started! Ugh. I hate you. :P
    They are redesigning glyphs in cataclysm, so that minor glyphs don't have an impact on gameplay (or a small impact, maybe levitate stays minor), than there are the medium glyphs, which will be the equivalent of the current 'mandatory' minor glyphs and lastly there are major glyphs who will work pretty much the same as they do now.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

It's always nice to have more options.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowform is the tits on my Ashes of Al'ar. If I do't want my mount shadowformed though I can just turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Mildennais View Post
    I enjoyed my mounts MORE because shadowform covered them on my priest. But that's just me.
    ^^ This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowform on mounts is amazing, even more-so on the crimson deathcharger, the only one I'm disappointed with would be Celestial Steed because it only affects the armor of the mount.
    On topic, Yes & 1000x Yes, priests should cherish the fact they can make their mounts shadowy, if it truely bothers you that much, as stated before, Make a Macro that takes off Shadowform when you mount, and returns when you dismount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I have to agree with many of our brethren: I LIKE the fact that our mounts share our Shadowform when we are riding. Its something unique to shadow priests that no other class gets. Still, as I respect the opinions of those who do not agree, an option to turn it off would not be out of the question if they don't want their mount to share their Shadowform. I can't imagine WHY they wouldn't but there you have it.
    "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
    -Albert Einstein

Everyone who voted yes doesn't have an amani war bear.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Everyone who voted yes doesn't have an amani war bear.
    That bear is Fugly, I would prefer it to be shadow if I had one (but then again I would never use it), and the only reason I don't have one is because I hated that damn zone, nothing there was upgrades form so I never saw a reason to even go there. Now if it had been around before the 100 mount achievement I would have bothered to get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    Real quick and simple. there should be an option that allows shadow priest to stay in shadow form and not have their shadow form cover the mounts as well. there are a lot of cool looking mounts out there that shad priest dont get to enjoy as much due to their form covering it. Before i get the responses "Well dont be in shad form when not fighting" or anything a long those lines. While that is a easy solution its just a pain to go out of shad form when you mount to popping back in to fight. This doesnt really affect gameplay, but i think it would be a nice thing for those that have the really cool looking mounts.

Roll an affliction lock. Then you can have your mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is Threat Nr. #9001 on this subject!

Just get out of your ShadowForm.. not that hard.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That bear is Fugly, I would prefer it to be shadow if I had one (but then again I would never use it), and the only reason I don't have one is because I hated that damn zone, nothing there was upgrades form so I never saw a reason to even go there. Now if it had been around before the 100 mount achievement I would have bothered to get it..
    Yeah, sure. No need to try and justify why you never got one. No one cares.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, because i think that the shadowform is about the priest itself.. how should it affect a mount in any way? I also dont think there should be an option to put off/on a "shadowformed mount". But at the end I hope blizzard wont change it, just takes more time away that they can actually work on some content.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Too much unnecesary hate in this thread. The guy just asked for an option to have the mount normal despite of being shadowformed, it wouldn't intefere with those who likes it shadowformed aswell because it's a fucking choice. Just chill up.

Anyway, I think it's not possible to do this because Blizzard wouldn't just put a button for you to put it off and there's no another way to do it.
    aishethel ~ blood elf warlock @mal'ganis US [inactive]

10+ Year Old Account
    If it didn't, I couldn't use the argument that I make the rare mounts look the coolest so it should go to me by default anymore!

...Not that it ever worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    While that is a easy solution its just a pain to go out of shad form when you mount

Macro.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

keep in mind that the glyphs will also become a component of the spellbook and interchangable at will. so, if you wanna ride around dalaran on your nonshadowmount, you just throw that glyph on. when your rated bg Q pops, you throw back on whatever other glyph you had.

Shadow form mounts are one of the main reasons I liked playing shadow