Disc priest healing LK10 Heroic on alt?

Hey priest community.

I was curious if anybody could give me an honest answer. My priest is pretty terribly geared, I think I've ran him in ICC10 2-3 times max. My guilds 10man group has been working on LK10 heroic for awhile and our disc priest can't come this week. We are trying to scramble and find a replacement but our other priest is also not available. I was thinking of taking mine to bubble the raid.

Am I way too undergeared for my bubbles to even totally absorb heroic infest ticks?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lygos&cn=Zanev

He's even in some tier 8 and 9 , 232 stuff. Just curious if its even worth trying to learn the fight as discipline. He is my 5th or 6th 80 and never gets played. Any advice on this being possible or making it work? The other healer is gonna be a Holy Paladin or 3 heal with resto shaman and holy paladin.

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your way of talking and character gear i wouldnt even recommend trying.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldnt be worth taking you, no offense but your shields would hardly absorb much infest damage. It would be a waste of a night for you and your raid team. It would be better 3 healing with Holy pala, Resto druid, resto shaman, and taking a Physical dps heavy combo, such as Hunter, DK, rogue, fury warrior, and maybe a feral druid, or ret pala for replenishment for healers.
    Last edited by Fireslave; 2010-08-20 at 12:27 PM.
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

My only advice is to get some better gear and drop the Int gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    not beeing a priest, so i can't say something about your gear.

but you say you play your priest never. would you rate you priest skills high enough to contribute to your guild? especially when it will be a first kill? i think shielding people before infest won't be your sole purpose ^^

Don't be so blunt and mean to the guy.

I actually reckon you should give it a try. Remember you have the 30% increased health and healing output behind your back.

Your shields should absorb enough, the 30% increased absorb buff far outweights the tiny amount of spellpower you are lacking. However, you might have to 3heal the encounter, as I'm pretty sure you won't have the throughput to keep the raid alive.
    Remember, Disc Priests are downranking their shields by a rank or two so the shields break on Infest. If they downrank, you can bet his max rank shields will be sufficient.
    The harder part will be the timing, as you have to be pretty fast AND precise when to shield the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov
    That was some of the most incoherent rambling I've ever seen. It was like, "I like ponies but I saw a rainbow, and one day I bought a shoe because I like the smell of pancakes. Have you ever eaten pancakes? I was in a chair until I fell because I had a cat three years ago until I found an encyclopedia because it was green like turtles."
    Mah armory!

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a Disc Priest for LK-H.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Period.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    But its so much more relaxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov
    That was some of the most incoherent rambling I've ever seen. It was like, "I like ponies but I saw a rainbow, and one day I bought a shoe because I like the smell of pancakes. Have you ever eaten pancakes? I was in a chair until I fell because I had a cat three years ago until I found an encyclopedia because it was green like turtles."
    Mah armory!

I think something like 1.7% of LK kills on WoL dont use a Disc priest, and for a guild like us who only raids 25man once a week (4hrs a week) we dont get a ton of 277. The small cases are extremely geared resto druids being able to out heal infest. We are actually using a boomkin tonight with an offspec resto in decent gear, maybe we will try that and me stay on my shaman.

I know my gear is shit and I was thinking maybe I wouldnt have to downrank PW:Shield with 30% buff being included even with low spellpower. When I started my priest all disc priests stacked INT, im assuming things have changed since then?

In regards to being able to play a priest, I always found disc easy and in LK heroic its just keeping up bubbles on the right people so rapture gives you back a shit ton of mana. Penance leftovers and tanks and keeping your mana up.

Thanks for the replies and I dont mind you saying I suck or whatever, I know its my alt and I know it sucks lol. Thats the whole point of the thread is to get your opinions on whether its a) possible, b) worth the effort c) retarded

thanks

If the idea is for you to two-heal it with a holy pally, save yourself the time. Even with the 30% buff, you're just not geared enough 1200-1500 less SP than one would typically have for H LK) to make the attempt anything more than an exercise in futility. Basically while your max rank shield might prove sufficient to negate Infest, you lack the required throughput to support the raid at ledge transitions and in P3 (especially in the Frostmourne room).

If the group's DPS is high enough to beat the enrage timer while allowing for 3-healing, I'd say give it a shot. With the pally on the tanks, the other healer should be able to support the raid and then you're there primarily to manage infest, provide CD's, and give a buffer to healing in counter to the higher incoming damage resulting from adds dying faster from lessened dps. But best be sharp on your game, read up well on the fights, and make sure you are extremely comfortable with your unit frames and casts to allow maximum operation while on the move.

If you do give it a go, I would suggest moving a few talent points around: You'll have no need for Divine Fury on H LK, but Spell Warding is, imo, a must-have. Also, make sure to gem and embroider your cloak (use Darkglow)!

Regarding the Int gems, you really should start converting some of those over to SP. H LK is a very mana intensive fight, but while you'll need to be on your game regarding managing it and your cooldowns, you still wouldn't be burning it as quickly on H LK as part of a 3-man healing team, so the extra throughput will help. For any other content you might attempt you could easily afford to convert the majority of them to 23 SP gems.

GL!

---------- Post added 2010-08-20 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    LK heroic its just keeping up bubbles on the right people so rapture gives you back a shit ton of mana. Penance leftovers and tanks and keeping your mana up.
    That's mostly it in P1 and P2, aside from cleansing in P1, PS on tank at 2nd shambler, etc, and cleaning spot damage / broken infest. But it doesn't begin to describe the real challenge for the raid healer, which is at the ledge transition phases and all of P3, particularly in the throne room. If you haven't yet, watch a few videos of kills and look at the madly bouncing health bars of the raid in that part and you'll get a better idea of the raid healing required for the encounter (and why I suggested you not even consider trying at this point unless you're a 3rd healer mostly there for infest prevention and CD's).

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    When I started my priest all disc priests stacked INT, im assuming things have changed since then?
    Read this thread.
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2010-08-20 at 04:41 PM.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

My priest is still in toc 10 man gear and I was healing 10 man heroic this week so yea I would go for it.

Thanks for the reply Bigslick. We have gotten to p3 numerous times with 3 healing and a few times 2 healing. I was kind of generalizing. I know there is alot more to it, transitions are rough and I can imagine for a disc priest and weakened soul even worse (I heal it on my main, shaman, and chain heal works magic on the ledges and frostmourne room.

I didnt realize gemming SP was the way to go these days. I would try to regem but I have been convinced by you and others that I may just try to 2 heal it with Resto druid doing raid healing.

since people made the point its not 100% necessary for disc priest to be there, I watched a few videos of raid healing as resto druid and it seems very possible.

Thanks for your honest comments and advice everybody!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tryin, did you go with 2 or 3 healers?

OP, if you end up going on your priest remember to use Cure Disease and not Abolish Disease, less change the debuff will bounce to another raid member.