Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MusikDisaster View Post
    It's all up to Blizz. I'm all for the hidden gigantic lair off Hellfire that survived the tearing of Draenor.
    Well yes, that's why I said unlikely instead of a full on NO. It could possibly have survived, though there isn't really a reason for him to return there.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I don't see us fighting him in Deepholme, as that's where he broke out of in the first place. I certainly don't see us fighting him in Outland, as that's been called an abandoned lair, and it would be very hard for him to communicate with Twilight Hammer forces from Outland effectively, and kindof silly too, since we'll be seeing him during questing a lot.
    I think the most likely location will be something added in around the Twilight Highlands with an extra patch. Who says that that Blizz has to use existing space for his raid? They could add new land and structures with a patch if they wanted.
    they alreadt did, patch 2.4, isle of queldanas remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    we will fight him in a place no one would think to look or care about...Silvermoon City....the perfect hideout..because no one is ever there.
    u mean exodar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    If you look at that map on the wowwiki page, you'll see that Deathwing's lair was in a portion of Outland that got asploded. So that's unlikely.

Deepholme also seems unlikely, as he is not there anymore. It's why the sky there is a giant hole. It would be like fighting Arthas in Stratholme because "he was there at one time".
    Did you read what the page said ? The following is extract from WoWwiki's article on Deathwing's Lair
    "Deathwing was originally reported killed in the battle, but in fact had returned to Azeroth. He left behind a clutch of eggs in his lair, which later hatched as Nether Drakes transformed by the energy released during the destruction of Draenor. This implies that the lair still exists, however, it is not found in World of Warcraft. "

So Deathwing's Lair exists but he fled to Azeroth . If he would like to go back to his lair wouldn't we see him pass through the Dark Portal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Did you read what the page said ? The following is extract from WoWwiki's article on Deathwing's Lair
    "Deathwing was originally reported killed in the battle, but in fact had returned to Azeroth. He left behind a clutch of eggs in his lair, which later hatched as Nether Drakes transformed by the energy released during the destruction of Draenor. This implies that the lair still exists, however, it is not found in World of Warcraft. "

So Deathwing's Lair exists but he fled to Azeroth . If he would like to go back to his lair wouldn't we see him pass through the Dark Portal ?

the portal is like...2 taurens tall and deathwing is bigger than stormwind, he is more likelly to...fly there, it's wow and physics are weirdo anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post

Well maybe it was destroyed... and then... uh... the nether drakes... fell out?
    You're right, I should have read the whole thing. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was not destroyed ... try putting 30 eggs in a close stash and drop the ceiling on them !!! seriously
    Just consider the fact that the lair "might" be intact but forgotten there by Deathwing since he came back to Azeroth. They could make a 2nd tier raid in there with Twilight Cultists discovering it and trying to make some dark rituals to make something ... i dont know!

15+ Year Old Account
    We'll fight Deathwing in the Temple of Earth in Deepholm.

Why did someone link the Temple of Earth on wowwiki as a possible Deathwing raid when it clearly states on that page that it will be the sanctuary for horde and ally?

Be funny if the final Deathwing fight happened on the troll island and gnomeregan, destroying them in the process.

We will fight him somewhere in Grim Batol. Grim Batol is a vast place which goes all around, inside and underneath the Twilight Highlands.

Temple of Earth - No. The lower part of temple of earth is a quest hub and sanctuary. The middle contains the Stonecore and the top has kind of been blown off a bit...

Also, to one of the previous comments, Deathwing is certainly not bigger than Stormwind. He is about the size of Alexstrasza. And if he wanted to go through the dark portal he could simply pop into his human form and happily waddle inside.

It will be his base in Deepholme. The same place he stayed while building up his power all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkiller95 View Post
    well in the book War of the Ancients Deathwing had a lair somewhere but cant remember maybe he is there.
    That lair your talking about was a island off of Hellfire peninsula, which was likely destroyed when Ner'zhul opened the dark portal and tore Draenor completely to pieces. My guess is Deepholm since their has been no comfirmed raids their yet.
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of an Outdoor phased raid, seems like something Blizzard would do with this x-pac, with all of the phasing love they're doing. My 2 cents for where it should be located is the Maelstrom, I mean, where else in the world is a more epic place... and at 10% the flying shark/devilsaur/undead come by and blast him!

Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    I like the idea of an Outdoor phased raid, seems like something Blizzard would do with this x-pac, with all of the phasing love they're doing. My 2 cents for where it should be located is the Maelstrom, I mean, where else in the world is a more epic place... and at 10% the flying shark/devilsaur/undead come by and blast him!
    Deathwing does not deserve to be Blasted by Epicus Maximus, and if he did, Deathwing would have to fight off the urge to thank him.
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

As far as I can tell the Bastion of Twilight isn't in Grim Batol itself, if you've watched the Twilight Highlands video there's a place called the spire of twilight with a bunch of hostile twilight's hammer all with <Servant of Cho'gall> under their name. There's also an instance portal on top of it.

My guess would be Deathwing will make an appearance somewhere in Twilight Highlands, unless there could be a questchain where we actually drive him back into deepholme.

grim batol because there is a gateway to a lower city right next to the final boss

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWoWhater View Post
    no idea, but it would be cool an instanced vertion of a "normal" zone being invaded by deathwing (at the end some random idiot(garrosh anyone?) jumps to deathwing killing/damaging him but he gets to destroy a part of that zone x, and then in the next patch (5.0?) that zone would be affected by deathwing's attack ofcourse)[/QUO

Dont play wow. u get addicted and lose the best days of ur life siting on a pc. u could do better things than just sitting in front of a screen. i uninstalled it and i am very happy. i added my played days with all my chars and they were 358(nearly a year). and in that year, i almost didnt pass the univercity with good grades, lost friends, girlfriends etc.
    why did you bother to check this website then?

Dont play wow. u get addicted and lose the best days of ur life siting on a pc. u could do better things than just sitting in front of a screen. i uninstalled it and i am very happy. i added my played days with all my chars and they were 358(nearly a year). and in that year, i almost didnt pass the univercity with good grades, lost friends, girlfriends etc.
    you an idiot to make an account, with that name to make that comment here, and then not even quote right. WoW i an amazing game, just because you either emo or cant handle your own playtime doesnt me that all others should quit. some people maybe only play in the weekend or a little each day for the daily hc and once a week also Baradin Hold, and then in the end maybe raid with his guild a night or two.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2011-01-09 at 11:52 AM.

yes because everyone who ever drinks wine is an alcoholic, everyone who ever smokes pot ends up addicted to heroin and everyone who ever plays WoW ends up sacrificing their job, relationships and health to an obsessive compulsion to play mmo's

back to reality and the original topic, there's a few possible locations;

Deepholme, Outland, Blackrock Mountain and Grim Batol are all viable due to Deathwing and/or his brood having lairs there which could potentially be reused

the Maelstrom itself is looking like the most likely option in my opinion though, but what I'd really love to see is...

Stormwind/Orgrimmar (depending on faction)
    an instanced version of the city, with Deathwing attacking. but this is just phase 1! while this is happening, Thrall and the Dragon Aspects are performing a ritual at the Malestrom which they hope to use to somehow depower, kill or capture Deathwing (or possibly to bait him into a trap). either way, Deathwing senses or becomes aware of their ritual and abandons his attack for phase 2...
    in which the raid proceed to tag along for the ride, fighting on Deathwing's back as he flies to the Maelstrom. this would be similar to Onyxia's whelp phase in that the main fighting would be against adds
    phase 3 would be Deathwing's arriving at the Maelstrom for the final part of the battle

Deathwing lives in the hearts of all men.