Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Deathwing Raid Zone

I know its a good bit away in the future but what do you think the final cata zone will be were the deathwing raid will take place?

I mean we all knew that Shadowmoon was the final zone, and black temple was home to Illidan
    And icecrown was home to ICC and was home to Arthas
    we knew this before the expansion even hit!
    but the whereabouts of Deathwing seem to be a mystery!

I think it will be twilight highlands but grim batol is the raid there!
    anyone?

it would be awesome if it was like an world boss in an enormous event

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll almost definitely be Grim Batol in Twilight Highlands. Remember, the "Grim Batol" raid we're getting in T11 is Bastion of Twilight, not Grim Batol itself. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin;8645375 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************8645375******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    It'll almost definitely be Grim Batol in Twilight Highlands. Remember, the "Grim Batol" raid we're getting in T11 is Bastion of Twilight, not Grim Batol itself. ;[i][/i])
    the grim batol 5 man dungeon is in the city of grim batol judging by his map

The grim batol so far is the very front of the fortress (5 man) and a side tunnel which has been recently fortified with twilight hammer stuff.
    Also from the 5 man you can see a giant tunnel of lava heading off around the back of the buildings that remain at the front of it.
    Yes it could be in grimbatol, possibly assessed by a side entrance around the back in the twilight highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It'll almost definitely be Grim Batol in Twilight Highlands. Remember, the "Grim Batol" raid we're getting in T11 is Bastion of Twilight, not Grim Batol itself. ;)
    Grim Batol (or at least the entrance area) will actually be a 5-man instance. I'm also pretty sure that the Bastion of Twilight is really the lower levels of Grim Batol. Blizzard just thought "Bastion of Twilight" sounded cooler then "Lower levels of Grim Batol".

Anyways, no one really knows where the final encounter with Deathwing will take place. Personally I'm hoping for something very unique. Perhaps a "raid" that consists of you teleporting from zone to zone chasing Deathwing and countering his last offensive. So while you might technically be inside a raid instance, it'll feel more like a phased version of Azeroth.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

i think it would be in the temple of earth in Deepholm http://www.wowwiki.com/Temple_of_Earth

10+ Year Old Account
    who says we fight deathwing? mabey deathwing sacrifices himself to summon his old god master that we fight. and the instance portal is added to the bottom of that "sarlac pit"

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    who says we fight deathwing? mabey deathwing sacrifices himself to summon his old god master that we fight. and the instance portal is added to the bottom of that "sarlac pit"
    Judging by your picture, location, signature, and signature picture, I'd say you're just an old god fanboi.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

well in the book War of the Ancients Deathwing had a lair somewhere but cant remember maybe he is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit View Post
    Judging by your picture, location, signature, and signature picture, I'd say you're just an old god fanboi.
    Woah what!?

But srsly space battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I wasn't aware of the five-man... They could still use another wing of it, heh. Or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could be a world instance

like for the first time we fight a boss not in a dungen but in an instanced azeroth

Funny I was literally just thinking to myself about this. I don't know much lore about Deepholm, but that seems like a cool place for him. Either that or Grim Batol like said before. However, I would love a world battle with Arthas...that would be epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    we will fight him in a place no one would think to look or care about...Silvermoon City....the perfect hideout..because no one is ever there.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing supposedly has a lair in Outland. Great way to bring back old content, imo.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing's_Lair

It's supposed to be razed to the ground, but he could build a larger, grander lair there.
    Also, as it the wiki states, it was also retconned so it was never razed. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by MusikDisaster View Post
    Deathwing supposedly has a lair in Outland. Great way to bring back old content, imo.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing's_Lair

It's supposed to be razed to the ground, but he could build a larger, grander lair there.
    Also, as it the wiki states, it was also retconned so it was never razed. But you never know.
    If you look at that map on the wowwiki page, you'll see that Deathwing's lair was in a portion of Outland that got asploded. So that's unlikely.

Deepholme also seems unlikely, as he is not there anymore. It's why the sky there is a giant hole. It would be like fighting Arthas in Stratholme because "he was there at one time".

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    If you look at that map on the wowwiki page, you'll see that Deathwing's lair was in a portion of Outland that got asploded. So that's unlikely.
    It's all up to Blizz. I'm all for the hidden gigantic lair off Hellfire that survived the tearing of Draenor.

I don't see us fighting him in Deepholme, as that's where he broke out of in the first place. I certainly don't see us fighting him in Outland, as that's been called an abandoned lair, and it would be very hard for him to communicate with Twilight Hammer forces from Outland effectively, and kindof silly too, since we'll be seeing him during questing a lot.
    I think the most likely location will be something added in around the Twilight Highlands with an extra patch. Who says that that Blizz has to use existing space for his raid? They could add new land and structures with a patch if they wanted.

no idea, but it would be cool an instanced vertion of a "normal" zone being invaded by deathwing (at the end some random idiot(garrosh anyone?) jumps to deathwing killing/damaging him but he gets to destroy a part of that zone x, and then in the next patch (5.0?) that zone would be affected by deathwing's attack ofcourse)