Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Addon for Resto Druid

What is the best addon for a resto druid? I have vuhdo and had healbot i was wonder what is the best addon for a Resto druid

Grid and Mouse over Macros, Yo. Make-shift Healbot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid + Clique

Anything you can work with though. Just get something that allows you to mouse over, and something where you can track your HoTs and your raids health percentage with ease.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decursive is nice too
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This is the 5th post on this subject in as many weeks. The concensus has been; vuhdo is the best. Grid + clique is almost as good. Healbot is good for beginners and part time healers.

Vuhdo does everything a person could want but requires a lot of setup time. Might be complicated to understand for newbies. And requires a moderate amount of RAM to use.

Grid + clique + ( multiple other mods) is easier to understand. Has most of the functionality you would want. But requires multiple mods to work. Those mods eat up more system resources than all the other mods available.

Healbot: perfect for people first getting into healing. Provides a lot of options but little customization. Uses the least amount of system resources.

If you ate serious about healing then vuhdo is the king. Be prepared to spend 2-3 hours if you are lucky setting it up though. Healbot works perfectly straight out of the box. But doesn't really allow for much UI tweaking.

I'm sure somebody will chime in with s mod called rewatch. It is terrible. Terrible for more reasons than I care to list.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 03:59 AM ----------

Tired of editing on my phone. Will just have to deal with the spelling.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-08-21 at 08:56 AM.

All the available healing mods can work for you, but VuhDo has arguably the best HoT tracking options combined with other customizable settings.

If you're content with the bare minimum, then use whatever. But it's not a coincidence that most high-end resto druids are switching to VuhDo these days. Healbot is most popular among starting healers and Grid has mostly stuck with those who are too used to it to switch to anything else.

Been about 20 post's on the EXACT SAME TOPIC. It's all about personal preference, theres loads of addon's so just try them and find out, personally I dislike grid and I like healbot, the 'little customisation' someone said above obviously hasn't used it within the last three month's.

Master Healbot & use Power Auras for fun. I've healed through 10H-ICC and haven't had a problem... in fact, you might also want to look into Peggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    why vuhdo is sooo great? I use healbot because it show me the hots duration and other incoming heals, decurse with only one addon, what else can you spect?

Deleted
    I'm using Quartz and Xperl works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Faithis View Post
    why vuhdo is sooo great? I use healbot because it show me the hots duration and other incoming heals, decurse with only one addon, what else can you spect?
    Because it can show you much much more than Healbot. For example, you can have bars for your HoTs instead of icons, you can set it to show you Swiftmendable targets which is very useful when you're healing with another druid, it can show clusters of people and exactly who will be affected if you cast WG on that particular person, you can have a separate panel for pets, focus targets, tanks... The list goes on and on.

As said above, it's all about preference, but it's obvious why so many are switching to VuhDo.

Deleted
    And all that sounds like it would be a very messy add on. I've never had a problem with Healbot, and I'm a very respected Raid Healer on my server. Will never change add on, but let's be honest, we would all love to heal without an add on. I's just not feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Because it can show you much much more than Healbot. For example, it can show clusters of people and exactly who will be affected if you cast WG on that particular persons
    Is that true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithis View Post
    Is that true?
    Yes, Vuhdo is far superior to healbot. In the end, you can heal with anything if you're a good healer. Addons just make it easier. But for a resto druid, Vuhdo gives so many options no other addon gives specific to our class.

It gives everything grid gives, healbot gives, plus more. There really is no reason not to use it. If you ditch another addon you wont loose anything, but you'll gain things. In the end, thats why I switched even though I didn't want to and I'll never go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    But works in the same way that healbot o cliker do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it works exactly the same way. It has a click system built in and uses changeable bars just like HB and grid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well lets try tonight x.x light of dawn for vuhdu x.x

All I want to know is where my hots are and how long of a duration they have left. Healbot ftw. It's simple. Whoever said healbot is good for only part-time healers...that's a tad bit arrogant. I haven't downed heroic LK 25, but then again, like 200 in America have. However, I have downed heroic 10 LK and no matter how good your unit frames are, it isn't going to keep you from dropping a defile in a valk's path. Part player, part addon. Mostly player.

Good day, sir!

Vuhdo and Decursive is all you need.
    Never going back to grid after i set up Vuhdo correctly. And Healbot, well meh.. What others said.