Thread: Pvp Legendarys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Like Skillherald? No. You are supposed to win your matches because you are better than the other person, not because you are lucky with RNG.
    Make it on use effects =P

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed it might even be a good idea to make pve legendaries not useable in pvp (like with most consumables, Blizzard seems to have a way to flag items as not useable in rated pvp).
    I've been curious for a LONG time about this since BGs (and especially arenas) were first introduced into the game. This goes way beyond PvE legendaries showing up in PvP, it's about all PvE gear showing up in PvP. Balancing classes in PvP is hard enough, having to balance classes in PvP that could potentially be toting around PvE legendaries and tier sets (and tier bonuses) is a nightmare. I've been a proponent of flagging all gear to be usable in certain realms of the game, specifically PvP gear only in BGs/arenas. In BC, Blizz started putting basic blue PvP gear on rep vendors that one could buy for just gold, and I thought Blizz might be taking a step in the direction of restricting gear to their individual realms of PvE and PvP. However, nothing has come of it yet.

Granted I'm still one of those old people who thinks the only real PvP is world PvP that was around before BGs were even in the game, but that doesn't mean I don't care about how PvP balances out (especially when PvP changes trickle over and affect PvE changes). It's literally impossible to balance PvE and PvP when the two can overlap, separation of gear makes the job quite easier.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Revelosh View Post
    the main problem would be that you could possibly have 1/2 the server running around with legendary weapons if you dont make it hard enough to get.
    Makes me think of shadowmourne now...so many no-lifers just running around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    There´s plenty of RNG anyway, crit anyone?

This would just make the matches more fun, it wouldn´t have to be a major proc, could just be cosmetic for all I care.
    Just because there is RNG doesn't mean we need more
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    How much lore was there behind Thori'dal? And Shadowmourne was sort of pushing it as well.
    You say that like TF and HoR had some significant role in Warcraft lore. Fact is, they didn't. They were just manufacted weapons of extremely minor 'elemental lords.'

In fact, TF (the model) was originally intended to be the model for Ashbringer - but the devs decided to save the Ashbringer lore/quest for the next patch (BWL). They couldn't squeeze it in again (Shen'dalar, anyone?) and delayed it until Naxx. You probably know the story from there. Point is, even though TF looked awesome and was a must have for any serious guild, the crazy elemental thunderish model was just retconned on the fly to save money and put to use the awesome model that is now Thunderfury.

The only loreworthy obtainable legendaries out there (imo) are Atiesh, the Warglaives of Azzinoth, and Shadowmourne. Before you guffaw me about SM, just take some time to read the quests and the story arc with the weapon... the devs did a great job with it.

THEN, there are some weapons that should have been legendary... and weren't. Corrupted Ashbringer (this one could go either way - the cleansing was probably intended but scrapped), Gorehowl, Warmace of Menethil, and many others I'm sure.

As far as PvP legendaries are concerned, I think it's an entertaining notion. Honestly, I think PvP will always take a backseat to PvE. Blizzard simply does not invest the same kind of time and money into PvP. I would be very surprised if they ever had a PvP legendary, although I’m not opposed to it.

PVPers moan about how Shadowmourne is op, how will they think about a legendary for pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    Just because there is RNG doesn't mean we need more
    Agreed. Though, SP/AP procs and that kind of stuff are fine imo, aslong as it's not a "chance to stun" and that kind of crap.

As long as they don't go completely overboard. Something like berserking or black magic is fine. DFO or somethnig sure as hell is NOT

on tr: human shadowpriest with dfo 10 stack and phylactery procc. Put all dots up on 2 targets
    wait for shit to die with 5700 spell power dots
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't work, for example. With Shadowmourne, Darion crafts you a weapon to vanquish the Lich king, made from the souls, shards and power of his minions.

In PvP, a legendary weapon to help vanquish players of the opposing faction just doesn't cut it.

Legendary is just a item level, the lore can be created around it. I think it should be implemented, and just like most pvp gear, the chance on hit or use could be catered around survival rather than damage. Mabbey something like.. "Rallies the souls of former Horde/Alliance Heroes to come to your aid, Spawning ghosts that heal you for Y and increase your resileince by K. Up to 5 Ghosts."