Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inner Will Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2XkNEXlyU

I'm still stymied on if I prefer IF's spellpower or IW's mana reduction on instants and speed. I guess we'll see how mana is in end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice, i like the way it looks >_<

So inner fire for holy/shadow, inner will for disc.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    So inner fire for holy/shadow, inner will for disc.
    Uhh... what?

How about "Inner Fire for Shadow PvE. Inner Will for Holy/Discipline on fights that mana matters, Inner Fire on fights that it doesn't, or when you don't have to move across huge distances."?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    How about "Inner Fire for Shadow PvE. Inner Will for Holy/Discipline on fights that mana matters, Inner Fire on fights that it doesn't, or when you don't have to move across huge distances."
    How about:

Inner Fire for Shadow PvE.
    Inner Fire for PvP vs. melee (currently can reach 130% armor boost) and PvP as holy (Body & Soul > Inner Will)
    Inner Fire as Disc, since the only instant spells are Mending and PW:S. (Untalented/unchakrad renew is weak)

Even Inner Fire could save more mana then Inner Will: Heal more on all Spells versus Heal cheaper on a few spells.

For PvP you are likely going to use Inner Will a lot more than you think due to how important instant casts will be. Most CC spells like Cyclone, Fear, and Mind Control look as if they are going to be 2 second casts and we have a statement from Blizz that they are going to attempt to chill out on haste effects giving super fast casts on 1.5 sec spells, plus fights will be longer due to larger health pools, so instants will be of great importance. Getting such a large reduction in mana cost on these spells may significantly increase the bang you get from your buck with mana in an environment where you are casting way more instants (PvP) and my experience with a Priest in PvP during WotLK suggests that they are the easiest healer to run OOM in PvP.

Also, Dispel is probably the most important spell that a Priest has hands down. Dispel, more than any other tool in a Priests arsenal, can be responsible for a win in an arena environment. Now in rated BGs, this is obviously less so, but Dispel will still be very powerful. Now that they have increased the mana cost greatly on the ability, Inner Will may be important to maintain your mana pool in a PvP environment where enemy Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Druids, ect are present.

with mana and mobility being a problem for shadow priest pvp... I can see myself using inner will in pvp situations.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Do Inner Will and Inner Fire have hefty mana costs? I assume Inner Fire's mana cost is reduced when you switch to it from Inner Will, as it is an instant cast.

Deleted
    i think its gonna help spamming apparitions and maybe its gonna be preferable in shadow pvp since the max you can get in imp inner fire ,unless you are disc, is 2/3

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be nice to see the Improved Inner Fire talent to give a bonus to Inner Will as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesomeness.

Really I can see all priests swapping and back and forth between the two depending on the encounter. There really isn't any reason to try and pigeonhole them into "Only SPriests use Inner Fire!" since they both have their merits.

Ummm. This would have helped for Sindragosa to move out of Blistering Cold. Think of them like Hunter aspects. You will end up switching them during fights.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    Ummm. This would have helped for Sindragosa to move out of Blistering Cold. Think of them like Hunter aspects. You will end up switching them during fights.
    that's the intuitive use for inner will, but the problem is it's not an aspect. it takes a sizable chunk of mana and two full gcds to "dance" into it for movement and then back into the superior armor when you're done moving. this makes it awkward and unintuitive.

it's garbage.

Depending on how far you have to run in order to get out of the fire, but usually the time you save by running out faster cancels out with the time you spend on 2 GCDs casting in and out of Inner Will. On top of that fights are not designed where you MUST use inner will at certain times. However I do admit that Inner Will would be more suitable on situations such as Gaseous Bloat, again its not like you MUST use it in those situations.

The runspeed increase is really very low. I mean, I can notice the boost in the video, but it sure is marginal. Still hoping for a talent/glyph/buff.

Inner Will won't be mandatory for PvE situations because most other classes don't have a running speed boost. Blizzard can't design encounters around having a priest in your raid (especially in 10 man). Of course you can use it to deal with some situations, but everything should be manageably without it as well.
    I'm not sure about the reduced mana cost vs spellpower bonus how they compete on fights.
    My PvP skills are not that good, but I think it will have its advantages in kiting and stuff.

I think the run speed increase is the less-remarkable part of Inner Will. It's the mana decrease that's interesting to me. After all, I'll still just Body & Soul to get out of AOE. They'll need to make Inner Will's mana cost pretty low though if they expect people to situationally switch back and forth in an expansion where mana is supposed to be scarce, especially if your whole reason for switching armors is for a lowered mana cost.

I would prefer if they made Inner Fire and Inner Will both not cost mana, and be on a separate GCD like Stances so you can switch between them more easily depending on the situation, but I don't see that happening sadly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I would prefer if they made Inner Fire and Inner Will both not cost mana, and be on a separate GCD like Stances so you can switch between them more easily depending on the situation, but I don't see that happening sadly.
    Or at least add a clause like "When under the effect of Inner Fire or Inner Will, casting Inner Fire or Inner Will costs no mana."

But then Mages and Warlocks would probably complain about how their armors aren't like that. =/

they're supposed to be situational, the fact that most of you are limiting either to "shadow pve" or "disc pvp" is stupid.

...sigh