Duels matter the most,

because they feed my epeen, discuss.

Could someone just delete this thread please -.-'
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Even though this thread isn't really even trying for a legitimate response. I thing that duels with certain class combos do improve your skill, particularly if you work with someone and try and think of all the different ways you can overcome your defeats and maybe think of ways to trick them with mind games - that kind of stuff is applicable in most pvp situations and I think it actually helps in raids as well probably. Just getting people to think about their abilities and utilize them together is really the foundation of what separates people who are bad and people who are decent.

i like them simply because i atchually have a chance of winning rather then doing a 2v2 or 5v5 and getting targeted right off the bat by every1

Despite the complete irrelevance of this threat I agree with Ijanaak here. Duels can, in basic terms, help you to learn more skills to adapt into proper pvp battles. For example you could find yourself always losing against that one class, so you can train that by just running so many duels until you find a way that can defeat it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duals are great for practice, especially if you talk to your opponent afterwards: win or lose, you can usually help each other out with tips. "Yeah, you had me worried when..." or "You realize [spell] does nothing against [spell], right?" This is especially true for newer players or those who don't play at the highest levels.

Unfortunately, Blizz doesn't balance around 1v1... which means duals aren't really a good indicator of PvP skill. (Unless, of course, you can consistently beat equally geared folks of your counter class.)