Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Using sindra is not really that grat on heroic mode, as unchained magic throws a huge spanner in the works.

Though, I suppose that with such a huge sample, there are at least 50 parses where people got lucky and had 0 unchained whatsoever..

WoL top 50 of each class is very inaccurate. I can almost assure you that these player's guidls are optimising the encounter to help said players get ranked... by means of power infusions.. hysteria.. allowing them to tunnel.. etc ... so these charts are very inaccurate.. but thats just my point of view/opinion on this

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

it doesn't matter, with the same skill, they still do higher dmg as fire. fact: arcane requires more skill.

if with the same gear/player, one spec out dmgs the other, then the higher dmg spec requires less skill, it's really as simple as that. if you can't understand this then you should just quit this game already.
    A perfect example of trying way too hard and being a completely obvious troll. Shoo.

if you think arcane got only 2 buttons then you're wrong.

Think about mana-managment + cooldowns.

Hard to explain but when I do more dps than the other 2 mages in our guild with less gear I still use 2 buttons?
    We don't know if you press two buttons or not (hint: You should), why ask us? Cooldowns don't count when I've macro'd it to one button for the whole expansion. And if you're having trouble with mana as arcane, you're bad and should stop playing the easiest spec in the game.

No fire is stupidly easy. You spam fireball, refresh one dot, and press pyroblast on hot streak proc. Arcane actually requires mana management. Fire is just spamming one button, pressing another every 12 seconds, and watching for a proc which you can use addons to help you with.

But yes, you are correct fire scales better than arcane.
    I swear people just forgot Ulduar in its entirety because it was 'too hard to move and dps and watch for things and waaaaaah'. Fire has always scaled better than Arcane; Arcane only got the spotlight because IA was so broken. If you think Fire just magically started scaling awesome, you should honestly consider a reroll.

And again, if you think macro'ing the THREE cooldowns Arcane has at its disposal to try to compete on the meters equates to management, you're a moron. Notice I didn't say anything about mana management because if you can't hit evocate every two minutes and use your gem proactively, you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how my class is #1.

Rage mechanic needing a redesign? No such thing!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

To all those who think mages are easy, I suggest you faceroll them to the top of the charts. Mages seem easy but inevitably require some management to maximize their potential. Those who can are rewarded, but there is a reason mages frequently fail in pugs, and it's not because the class is easy.

Also, warriors apparently can macro heroic strike into every attack, thereby lowering their hit cap, which allows them to gem/gear for even more damage output.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Yeah, I know an Unholy DK that tops Damage (and DPS) meters every boss encounter, Single target or otherwise. And Fury Warriors I know are normally not near top dps. Just saying from my PoV, I keep recount going as a measure of my own and others dps to help iron out irregularities

Quote Originally Posted by errosync View Post

We don't know if you press two buttons or not (hint: You should), why ask us? Cooldowns don't count when I've macro'd it to one button for the whole expansion. And if you're having trouble with mana as arcane, you're bad and should stop playing the easiest spec in the game.
    Lets just hope you dont only use that one button macro and realize that AI is going to be up an extra time in about 1/2 the boss fight that you do and sitting and waiting for all 3 instead of using 3 1 and 3 is cutting yourself short. Also about every arc mage in the game is way over the haste cap so cutting IV out for BL and using it when it will do something is also the better way to go.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post
    To all those who think mages are easy, I suggest you faceroll them to the top of the charts. Mages seem easy but inevitably require some management to maximize their potential. Those who can are rewarded, but there is a reason mages frequently fail in pugs, and it's not because the class is easy.

Also, warriors apparently can macro heroic strike into every attack, thereby lowering their hit cap, which allows them to gem/gear for even more damage output.
    Mages are a lot like hunters easy to be good or ok hit your 10k or so in any 10 man even with a poor buffing group. Its the ones that can get the extra 4k or more that have figured out what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    if with the same gear/player, one spec out dmgs the other, then the higher dmg spec requires less skill, it's really as simple as that. if you can't understand this then you should just quit this game already.
    Oooor it could so happen that one spec mechanics and coefficients are inferior to the other spec! My god!

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post

How does that lower a warrior's hit cap? I was under the assumption that getting 3% from talents did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    How does that lower a warrior's hit cap? I was under the assumption that getting 3% from talents did that.
    Near every white swing is converted into a melee special which uses the 8% cap vs the white swing which has a much higher (near impossible) cap. Basically the more rage you have (near infinite in icc atm) makes hit less and less valuable as white swings become yellows.

It looks like almost every class besides BM hunters and fury warriors are pretty much equal, with less than 30% difference between them in this chart, and considering the chart has some sampling errors in it, I would say it's pretty good balancing on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by justise View Post
    It looks like almost every class besides BM hunters and fury warriors are pretty much equal, with less than 30% difference between them in this chart, and considering the chart has some sampling errors in it, I would say it's pretty good balancing on Blizzard's part.
    I think enhance and elemental shamans would like to have a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtb ele love.

---------- Post added 2010-09-03 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    I think enhance and elemental shamans would like to have a word with you.

This. Ele hardly scales. I get major upgrades and my dps barely improves.

Fuck yeah, warriors deserve to be #1 for once in this expansion... \m/._.\m/

The sad thing was that some issues as bonus damage from cleaves while doing normal rotation and scaling issues were pretty well known for months and none of those was addressed.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

The only reason fire in anyway does more dps than arcane is because of the 2 or 4 set bonus for the gear in t10 (can't remember which one) but the one that gives you more haste when you get a double crit. So essentially the more crit you have... the more you will get a free hot streak, the more you use hot streak, the higher up time you will have on your buff from haste, the higher up time you have on the buff that gives you haste, the more fireballs you will be able to cast in a certain time, which theoretically can give you more crits because you will be casting faster (won't necessarily make your crit higher but you're more likely to crit on 1 out of 3 fireballs than 1 out of 2). It's kinda hard to explain but it's retarded how ridiculously well fire scales.

Now as for this whole BLAH BLAH THIS CLASS IS HARDER. I have an spriest/disc priest, a fire/arcane mage, and a kitty druid. All of which have relatively different styles, which is the hardest to play? none of them. Having a more complex rotation doesn't make it harder in anyway. You're essentially stating that the word play is harder to spell than dad because it has another letter. Being complex doesn't make any of the classes hard. So stop busting your epeen saying that your job is so much harder than an arcane mages job. From personal experience there are huge gaps in all classes, but it's more often than not that i see mages have the biggest gap, my mage currently in icc normal gear can pull around 16k and other mages that i see in even pugs with the same gear using the same rotation won't break 12. Knowing how to play your class affects EVERY SPEC/Class. especially classes that people think are lulfaceroll classes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    In that perfect world of yours nobody would roll a pure dps class. Why would I roll a rogue when I can roll a kitty druid and have tank/caster/healer offspec just by farming gear for a week or two?

The top 4 dps should be rogue, mage, warlock and hunter, possibly with rogue doing slightly more dps than the ranged classes. The hybrids should do something like 5-10% less damage than pures.
    Because you enjoy the class. I would have though that was obvious.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.