Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zaska7a View Post
    i am going to buy another one in the near future 3-4 months ahead not now.And yes i am going to play more than WoW
    Going with reasonable budget I'd recommend one 1024mb GTX460 now and second card later. Also pick up 850W good quality PSU, like Corsair HX for example.

ATI is not really recommended because their current cards suck at DX11 tricks, but Radeon 5830 is an alternative too depending on price. 5830 and 460 are nearly equal in games that do not use PhysX or tesselation, but Nvidia is clearly better for games that do use those. Radeon 5850 is slightly better but not worth it unless you can find really good deal on it. Factory OC'd 1024mb GTX460 is equal to 5850 and lot cheaper.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    what about Corsair CMPSU-850TXEU, 850W (whats the differences between TXEU and HXEU)
    or 700W Fortron Everest 85+, Active PFC it supports SLI or it is not enough for 2xGTX460

10+ Year Old Account
    what about Corsair CMPSU-850TXEU, 850W (whats the differences between TXEU and HXEU)
    or 700W Fortron Everest 85+, Active PFC it supports SLI or it is not enough for 2xGTX460
    Difference between HXEU and TXEU is that the HXEU is Modular and the TXEU is not. Modular means that the powercables from the PSU dont have to be connected and can be stored other places when not in use. on nonmodular PSU's, the unused cables has to lay around the computer case and stop airflow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    USE AMD and ATI! Damn too late! His soul is lost to the Intel Machine! Nooooooooooooooo!

Wait he can still be turned in to an ATI fan!
    It's bad that he wants higher quality/performance parts? Intel is destroying AMD currently, with no change in sight. nVidia is currently destroying ATi in their typical game of leapfrog. Right now Intel/nVidia is the way to go for performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Zaska7a, yes all HD5000 series ATI cards can be put in Crossfire[...]
    Remember also that SLI scales better than CrossFire. Another advantage to nVidia.

Deleted
    ntel is destroying AMD currently,
    noooooooooooooo! Intel sounds worse

Deleted
    sooo what about the fortron ? is it enough or no? i am going for 2xgtx 460 (second will come till the end of the year)
    but there are so many manufacturers which one to pick up

ASUS (Retail) GTX460 DirectCU 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Club3D (Retail) GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    EVGA (Retail) GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    EVGA (Retail) GTX460 Superclocked 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Gainward (Retail) GS g.l.H. GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Gainward (Retail) GS GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Gigabyte (Retail) GTX460 OC 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    MSI (Retail) GTX460 "HAWK" 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    MSI (Retail) GTX460 Cyclone 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Palit (Retail) Sonic GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Sparkle (Retail) GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Zotac (Retail) GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI

jeeeeezzzz there are so many of them
    and no Inno3D

EVGA (Retail) GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    EVGA (Retail) GTX460 Superclocked 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Gigabyte (Retail) GTX460 OC 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    MSI (Retail) GTX460 Cyclone 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    Palit (Retail) Sonic GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI
    I would pick from that list. Here is a long-ish review of whole bunch of GTX460 cards, including the ones mentioned above.

In brief EVGA has good warranty, Gigabyte and MSI are the quiet ones, and rest just do overall good job. But reading the link is advisable before you put money on it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    If you are going to buy a second one, you can get a GTX 460 768MB.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9fbVejuew
    This is a comparison 460 768MB SLI vs Single GTX 480

Fortron is like a middle class PSU. It's good, it provides exactly what it says on the specifications and can survive a lot of stress.
    Corsair PSUs are considered one of the best in the market, so go with them if you want higher quality PSU.
    For Sli/Crossfire I'd go with Corsair all the time.
    As for the "destroying" of AMD:
    We'll see when the Bulldozer comes. AMD were far worse several years ago, and they are still here. We need the competition between Intel/AMD/Nvidia, so don't be very happy if either of the companies is "destroying" the other.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-25 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I would pick from that list. Here is a long-ish review of whole bunch of GTX460 cards, including the ones mentioned above.

In brief EVGA has good warranty, Gigabyte and MSI are the quiet ones, and rest just do overall good job. But reading the link is advisable before you put money on it.
    thanks for the link it was rly helpfull i decided to go with
    Palit (Retail) Sonic PLATINIUM GTX460 1024MB HDMI/DVI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sound card is waste of money for gaming computer. Every single modern motherboard's integrated sound chip is better quality than best discrete cards 10 years ago, and better than low end discrete cards 5 years ago. That's why those aren't available anymore. You need to put around $200 into headphones or $2000 into speakers before you can hear the difference between integrated audio and $100 card, and since most people use $100 speakers, they'll never hear the difference in quality or additional EAX surround effects.

Only justifiable reason to buy discrete sound card is if you need some extra connectors missing from motherboard to hook your HTPC into high end surround amplifier or you need higher quality analog inputs for (semi)pro recording/studio work.
    this, and even if u get imba sound system and xpensive headphones, most likely u'll listen to low quality mp3 or something, like most of the "hi fi" addicts i know...