Poll: What Class is easiest to get to 1800++ Arena Rating

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Ret Pally. They can buff while bubbling while attacking while stunning while hearthing.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the poll, it's kind of interesting. It's like the consensus is that you could get to 1800 with anything, just more likely with a paladin and less likely with a hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you can't hit 1800, it's you, not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    if you can't hit 1800, it's you, your partner or your gear, not the class.
    fix'd

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    fix'd
    Not really fixed. 2 great players(2800 rating+ players) can probably break 1800 with deadly gear. Just sayin.

hunter and shaman got least votes lol.. ele shaman, need i say more? shouldnt be hard as hunter either with the dmg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Not really fixed. 2 great players(2800 rating+ players) can easily break 2k with deadly gear. Just sayin.
    Fix'd aswell.

friend of mine hit 2500 in s6 in s4 gear °.°
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

15+ Year Old Account
    The really, really sad part is that most people voting for paladin are probably talking about Ret Paladins, which indicates they know little to nothing about arena. Ret paladins are pretty damn terrible in arenas.

That said, I voted Paladin as well just because Holy Paladins are amazing in arena.

terrible is the wrong word, but they aren't the overpowered killing machines fueled by chuck norris they were. Protret is still a very strong spec :/

Holy
    Tree
    Disc
    Cloth dps

All those are probably the easiest to get 1800. But its comp, skill, class, gear, goes in that order imo when it comes to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Which was OP aswell back then.

Anyway, anyone who can play a Resto Shaman on 1.9k should be able to play Elemental on atleast 2.3k. That was my point.
    THat’s not entirely true. Both Resto and Elemental shamans defend in the very same way with subtle differences.

The art of “shamaning” (lol?) consists of a very fast reaction to totem stomp, when to use the right totem at the right time, when to expose yourself (either for damage or healing) and when to do the basic pvp: fake cast.

Both specs must know when/who/how to purge and both kite in a very similar way, elemental perhaps having two interesting additions: Earthbind totem will snare and they always have thunderstorm, which in some arenas is an interesting team split movement (Dalaran, Blade’s edge…)

But all in all, the “core” of the Shaman for both specs is the same. You need to learn that base. The “OPnes” of Elemental is called because if you Lava Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning (3 buttons!) Your burst have just been immense in less than 10 seconds, which you will be able to repeat very very soon.

The Earth/Water shield management is there for both, but resto will have to play with Earthshield/Water whereas Elemental usually only go with water for mana. Restos’ O*sh button is Nature’s Grasp+HWave (macro) that we all have.

I play both. In 2s and in 3s. I switch teams all the time (for fun, friends, etc). Resto shaman is hard sometimes, but the “core” of the shaman is pretty much the same. And you need that beyond 1600, much more beyond 1800.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    friend of mine hit 2500 in s6 in s4 gear °.°
    Spec and comp?
    Just curious cause me personally high doubt that happened.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

It's interesting that people that voted paladin, never actually ever rolled it on arenas.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Spec and comp?
    I actully broke 2.5k in 3v3 running tsg s6 yo. I was the holy paladin and yeah. Sum it up: Game start. We rush in. Freedom dk. Pop cds. Strangulate-Bladestorm. collect rating.

Fun times.

Edit: I was blue geared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurus View Post
    THat’s not entirely true. Both Resto and Elemental shamans defend in the very same way with subtle differences.

The art of “shamaning” (lol?) consists of a very fast reaction to totem stomp, when to use the right totem at the right time, when to expose yourself (either for damage or healing) and when to do the basic pvp: fake cast.

Both specs must know when/who/how to purge and both kite in a very similar way, elemental perhaps having two interesting additions: Earthbind totem will snare and they always have thunderstorm, which in some arenas is an interesting team split movement (Dalaran, Blade’s edge…)

But all in all, the “core” of the Shaman for both specs is the same. You need to learn that base. The “OPnes” of Elemental is called because if you Lava Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning (3 buttons!) Your burst have just been immense in less than 10 seconds, which you will be able to repeat very very soon.

The Earth/Water shield management is there for both, but resto will have to play with Earthshield/Water whereas Elemental usually only go with water for mana. Restos’ O*sh button is Nature’s Grasp+HWave (macro) that we all have.

I play both. In 2s and in 3s. I switch teams all the time (for fun, friends, etc). Resto shaman is hard sometimes, but the “core” of the shaman is pretty much the same. And you need that beyond 1600, much more beyond 1800.
    This still doesn't change the fact that every single Resto Shaman can get higher as Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Spec and comp?
    mage/priest and the mage was in great gear
    Though I do think the priest was wearing offset s6 gear etc.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    mage/priest and the mage was in great gear
    Though I do think the priest was wearing offset s6 gear etc.
    Guess it would make since cause the game just started and what not, good rating tho.

---------- Post added 2010-09-14 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    I actully broke 2.5k in 3v3 running tsg s6 yo. I was the holy paladin and yeah. Sum it up: Game start. We rush in. Freedom dk. Pop cds. Strangulate-Bladestorm. collect rating.

Fun times.

Edit: I was blue geared.
    Same thing i said to K4ge.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...