Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Throne of the Four Winds, Blue Posts, Wallpaper

Throne of the Four Winds - Skywall Raid Instance
    Let's post something new today! The Throne of the Four Winds is the raid instance in Skywall, the elemental plane of Air. It will feature 2 encounters:

• A fight against the "Conclave of Wind", a Djinn council. (The Djinn model in the game files is the one used by Siamat)
    • A fight against Al'akir, the Elemental Lord of Air. (No models yet)

The instance looks similar to the Vortex Pinnacle, the 5-man dungeon of Skywall and players will move between platforms with their flying mounts.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Volley removed
    I know I'm going to regret posting in this thread again, but I think it's the right thing to do so I'll take one for the team.

We think Multi-Shot is a more interesting ability and can fill the hunter AE niche (along with Explosive Trap). We'll have to change Multi-Shot from the current version to get it there. I'm very sorry if for some unusual reason Volley was your favorite spell as a hunter. We've been trying to consolidate abilities and free up some bar space and having multiple AEs that competed with each other seems like a good area to hit up. The Volley and Multi-Shot niches were very similar, which resulted in the latter being dead. We wanted to pick one and we though Multi-Shot felt more huntery and less "clunky" (to use a favorite Wow forums term).

Do consider that you won't be AE'ing yourselves through Cataclysm content the way you do currently. When you do need to AE, hunters will have the tools to do so. In situations where you do have to AE, you are probably not also trying to CC. When you're back to the level of trivializing lower level content, nobody is going to say "Don't bring a hunter. Their AE spam isn't spammy enough." We don't consider easily breaking rogues out of stealth a good reason to keep Volley around.

I think that hits most of the reasonable concerns. I care much less about addressing the unreasonable ones.

As always, those of you whose sole contribution is to post very inane or derogatory things will be banned.

Man, have we come a long way from "AE is only for trash." (Source)

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    One Man Army
    Yes. Many of the problems we've had with Ret are of the "one man army" category, where a paladin can do a lot of damage, then go defensive and heal themselves up. We love the kit of the paladin who can heal as well as do damage, but it needs to be tightly controlled. Word of Glory gives us that control. We have the room to make the spell really powerful because we know its on a tight cooldown and you sacrifice dps to use it. We can't do that today with say Flash of Light, because once you can cast one strong FoL, you can cast a bunch of them until you go OOM (at which point you Judge or Divine Plea, and you're going again). Similarly, we can make Selfless Healer nearly overpowered because you can't use it on yourself and because even with it you're not going to out compete a Holy paladin in healing. If you can occasionally contribute to group healing in tight spots, then that's great. That's some utility you can provide. (Note: Don't oversell this as "I'll get brought to raids because of my healing.") (Source)

Class balance and RNG
    That's the wrong view to take though. The equivalent would be "I'm balanced around getting a crit every swing, so when that doesn't happen, RNG screws me." You get a Templar's Verdict every 3 Crusader Strikes. Sometimes you get lucky and need fewer. You of course need to pay attention for when that happens and be able to react to it and alter your immediate plans. That right there is the element we think is most missing from today's Ret paladin. (Source)

Words of Glory
    The amount it heals is most definitely balanced around how good it will be for Holy.
    Those numbers don't have to be the same though. The new talent tree design affords us a lot more flexibility in that regard. Part of the reason Word of Glory is so useful to Holy is because it costs no mana. Ret doesn't really care about mana, because it comes and goes easily, but a Ret generally won't be able to sit there and queue up several Holy Lights in a row. They will be able to sometimes use a Word of Glory though. (Source)

New World of Warcraft Fan Wallpaper
    The World of Warcraft Fan Wallpapers have been updated with a new wallpaper titled "Cataclysm" by Kenvd.

<3 Skywall, can't wait!

Deleted
    nobody is going to say "Don't bring a hunter. Their AE spam isn't spammy enough."

Wana bet :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    nobody is going to say "Don't bring a hunter. Their AE spam isn't spammy enough."

Wana bet :P
    Pretty much this... Also dont forget that people will do heroics even in some Tier 14 gear when they will AoE through them. Also we will want to AoE through 2 - 3 tiers old raids.

Hm... Varian and Garrosh fighting deathchin, nice.

Varian looks very feminine.

Deleted
    Nice fan wallpaper, too bad we'd never see it. Those two retards would attack each other and not Deathwing.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna know from wich beast are Garrosh spaulders

Skywall looks amazing, cant wait to go through it all.

Dethchin: BLAARGHBLURPBLURBL!!!!
    Varian: NOWAI!!
    Garrosh: MOMMEY!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does deathwing look like an orc?

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    also: "blizz stole my volleys"

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    I wanna know from wich beast are Garrosh spaulders
    a friend of mine and i were wondering this as well. Didnt know if they were from a Talbuk as the have very thorny horns, and are a right of passage for a male mag'har orc. or... maybe hes wearing tusks from mannoroth? I think that would be cool actually

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Nice fan wallpaper, too bad we'd never see it. Those two retards would attack each other and not Deathwing.
    Looks to me that deathwing is trying to mediate them lol.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Deleted
    Skywall is really beautiful. And I bet the next hero class wont get as much attention as paladin now does.

omslemming
    `As always, those of you whose sole contribution is to post very inane or derogatory things will be banned.`

in other words typical blizzard, disagree with us in any way and youll be banned, as a hunter who uses volley a lot for aoe situations I think i have a right to moan about this, all i can say is whatever they put in the game to replace it better be as useful/damaging or or your gonna get a lot of pissed off hunters in the game.

multishot that hits 1 or 2 mobs is nothing like volley so to compare the 2 is crazy, thats like saying a rogues blade flurry is a valid aoe ability in a group of 5 or 6 mobs......ignoring the fact it only hits some of them.

the bigger question is why? why can you not have volley and multishot working side by side the same as you have for years why change something that noone im aware of qqs about(i dont recall any volley sucks qqs) it just seems blizz are changing things for the sake of it now stop trying to over complicate things like this blizzard because in doing so your proably going to end of removing abilitys like this that a lot of people use for some unknown reason i cant think of other then u fancied stirring the class yet again.

`

He is indeed wearing a tusk of Mannoroth.

So it looks like there'll be a boss on each tower, and then the elemental lord on the ring in the center? That'll be fun. Can't wait.

edit: It looked really sarcast-y when I reread this, but seriously, fights on rings are always fun. aaahh, how I look fondly back at Lurker Below.