Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worst player community

What game has the worst player community?

and as a secondary question, why do so many players continue to play games they dont even like for so long?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know HoN has a super elitist community, and from someone just trying to join in it's the worst. They HATE new people. o.o

80% of the shit on WC3 battle.net. dota, tower defence, and even SotDRP(best game on battle.net when played properly) to some extent.

FFXI, without a doubt. No other game even comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    FFXI, without a doubt. No other game even comes close.
    Have you played HoN?

10+ Year Old Account
    MapleStory Global.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    MapleStory Global.
    I can attest to that. The fact that hacking is extremely rampant doesn't help either.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Freelancer has a particularly ugly, tight-knit community. But a big upcoming mod might change that, if only for a brief moment.

To your second question...I'm not sure. Maybe they like one thing in particular, but hate everything else.
    Last edited by Caradinist; 2010-08-27 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    Freelancer has a particularly ugly, tight-knit community. But a big upcoming mod might change that, if only for a brief moment.

To your second question...I'm not sure. Maybe they like one thing in particular, but hate everything else.
    Ppl still play Freelancer ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Ppl still play Freelancer ? :O
    I was just as surprised as you were when i found out. I think the official Discovery Mod server is the last large server I've seen, aside from some german server that's been around since forever.

That server has 200 player slots, and it's full on peak days, and half on dead nights. But half the people i met there are horrible, including a few admins.

By the way, the mod that might change things up a bit? I'm talking about: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fwtow

Team from two different mods working together on this one, and it looks nothing like the Freeworlds mods of old (which unfortunately had an even worse community, not to mention a horrible server admin). All the stuff I've seen them work on has never worked on previous mods to the point where it's a completely different game by pushing the engine to it's limits. I fucking love Tie Fighter, so i can't wait for this to come out.
    Last edited by Caradinist; 2010-08-27 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    WC3 hands down. How does knowing the price of an item I'll never buy determine my skill?
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

I'd want to say HoN, but I just had some people flame me the first match I played cause I let the opponents farm me and I had no idea what to buy. Luckily as I was playing with a more experienced friend of mine, I got much of the basics learned during that game as well. Next game I did a far better job, only reason I don't play it was cause it wasn't a game I wanted to invest time in.

Game I've experienced the worst community in is Counter-Strike. I remember back in december 2005, when I started with WoW. I was amazed over how good the community was over Counter-Strike. Everyone I did instance with was nice. No one tried to rush things, everyone were noobs sort of. Nowadays the community is far worse, but that is what happens when a game isn't new anymore and people know the game in and out, and it has kind of become a race.

Pick a random F2P/Cash Shop game and it will be at the top of the list.

Nexon and Ijji published games are usually horrible.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not big a fan of MW2 (it's the worst I could think of) because of all the whiners, all the modders, all the people that say you have no life if they lose to you and you went something like 63 and 2 K/D ratio wise.

MW2 just has those people that think they own at life by playing a video-game but in all actuality you don't know what those people are like behind a screen...
    I do think they game though has a great setup, just some players ruin the social environment and no i don't report them either that's just sad.
    Hey everyone

I'm going to nominate fighting games in general since they usually have horrible online communities. They can be great at organizing real life events and people are generally decent in person at events (some are horribly elitist though), but trying to read or discuss anything online is impossible.

As a genre, online play is decent, but whatever character is the best/FoTM, expect to see them 50% of the time or higher. The new Blazblue is especially bad with this.
    Last edited by Mankirks Daughter; 2010-08-29 at 12:29 AM.

The DotA/HoN communities are both pretty horrible :/

Modern Warfare 2 is said to be pretty bad, too.

Left 4 Dead. If only for the reason that people don't realise most low-walls won't hide smokers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox live in general. It's all either screaming 8 year olds or 43 year old stoners

10+ Year Old Account
    Any M rated game on xbox live... IDK wtf is wrong with parents nowadays... but it seems like every prepubescent boy has infinite access to whatever game he wishes to get his hands on.

I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 on "The Parish" and there was this little kid on my team. We got to that part when you exit the sewer into that parking lot type place with all the car alarms. Long story short, most of me teammates keep shooting cars on accident and this kid loses his fucking mind... It probably caused me hearing loss he screamed so loud. Later we got him to tell us his age... which was six...

When I was six I was playing Sonic/Link to the Past/Duckhunt... This is why the next generation is gonna be even more fucked up than mine...

/endrant

Despite how bad the WoW community looks at times, I'm confident that it is more mature than most other online communities.