Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Server Migration, Dual Spec, Char Screen, Hyjal

If you can read this news post, you're on the new servers!
    As mentioned yesterday, we finally started moving the servers to Curse's infrastructure this week. We're still moving a lot of stuff and some pages might be down for a little while but ... we're there! It means we can finally start planning funny updates to the site, and, well, a lot of bug fixes. We also have a couple of shiny pictures, thanks to Xtek.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Dual-Specialization Price Reduced
    The price of Dual-Specialization has been lowered in a recent beta build, it now costs 100 gold and new players who reach level 40 should be able to afford it without too much problem.

Character Selection Screen - Built-In Theorycraft
    In Cataclysm, the character screen will let you check easily how much of stat you need to be capped, calculations for Expertise, Hit Rating, and a few other stats are available. This will probably save you a lot of time when you try to figure out if you really need that extra hit on your shiny new epic.

Build 12804 - Mount Hyjal Update
    Mount Hyjal received a very interesting update in the latest beta build. If you visited the zone or looked at screenshots during early beta, you probably remember the huge crater called Archimonde's Vengeance. Well, this subzone is gone and has been replaced with a greatly improved version! The crater is no longer there but the key NPCs of the questlines are still around.

Before

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

After

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image
    Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Concept Arts
    The Blizzard Art gallery has been updated with 2 pieces representing the Warcraft universe.

Pop Up Image Pop Up Image

Cheap respec! Coolguy.

Been buying it for 1000g for all my alts but that's still a great bone to be throwing to new players who don't already have 80s. =\

So glad the main site server move is over!

I really like the new built-in rating buster and that subzone looks amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did they finally fix the bug with premade chars tradeskills? (JC/ench are only usable the first time you log in. Massively annoying)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg i waste so much gold (at least 9x dual-spec) but for new players definately a good change

Grts on the migration, nice servers, should take a load off the old ones
    Now they are done with that they can start fixing things and hopefully i can read the rorums again with my old and crappy browser that is still mandatory within my company (ie6)

Hyjal looks great, all of the new/revamped areas look awesome... cant wait to explore it

Deleted
    New Hyjal looks great!

As someone who does cabling for a living, those pics look great!

Deleted
    Just checked the Hyjal change out in beta - woah...
    Nice and all, but what abou the lore? what about the Horde base that had been there and, I guess, going by the crater that was in the game for like forever, been totally destroyed and turned into the crater by Archimonde?
    Never happened?

Deleted
    Its nice with the pricereduction dualspec, but as i see it Blizzard now owes me 9000 gold.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yay, baron geddon is back

15+ Year Old Account
    That is some sexy hardware.

Oh and lol@people who bought 1000g dual spec recently.

Deleted
    Was that we saw the servers for mmo-champion or world of warcaft's servers?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santrix View Post
    Was that we saw the servers for mmo-champion or world of warcaft's servers?
    Curse's servers... :P or well, MMO-champs servers to Curse's place.. I assume!

Also, awesome changes to mount hyjal!
    Nice thing with dual-spec..

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Does this mean we will get new forum ranks soon?

Hyjal is looking very pretty. Makes me excited about Cata each time I see screenshots from any of the changed or new zones.

So, Dual spec really is being lowered. I may just wait to give it to my rogue then, but I went ahead and dual specced my paladin anyway, even in the knowledge that they may lower the cost. No big deal, really.

The added theorycrafting that shows percentages of each stat needed in order to maximise your output is good. It should mean fewer threads asking things like, "Wuts da hit cap fer casterz ?". >.<

I can see the port, and type here. But the picture pop up and links are broked for me

edit: NVM after I posted this it worked and cleared up!
    Last edited by CarnatiaSpiritfield; 2010-08-27 at 07:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shiney new blade server(s)!
    I was expecting bigger ones, or rather, more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    Just checked the Hyjal change out in beta - woah...
    Nice and all, but what abou the lore? what about the Horde base that had been there and, I guess, going by the crater that was in the game for like forever, been totally destroyed and turned into the crater by Archimonde?
    Never happened?
    lol , maybe it had something to do with the cataclysm?? wild guess maybe , kinda a bit like the hole in barrens and desolace now having a lush forest or whatever or thousand needles being underwater, surely all them beasts and centaur cant just vanish seems as they have been there since day 1 . (sarcasm) :P :P

Deleted
    Nice servers If the site crashes, I'll be blaming that single un-terminated cat5 cable hanging down the right hand side :P Might wanna get that plugged in lol