Fel Teleport LK 10/25

This is just a quick question. On the Lich King encounter can warlock use Fel Teleport just like a hunter can disengage back onto the platform? By which I mean purposly putting your warlocks out near the edge with a teleport up to basically eliminate one of the 3 val'kyr that spawn *if they are picked up that is* (1 in 10 man).

However, if the rest of the raids positioning isn't tight, if you don't get targetted by a Val'kyr, you can end up out of range to help the other raiders who do; especially if they go east or west.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    However, if the rest of the raids positioning isn't tight, if you don't get targetted by a Val'kyr, you can end up out of range to help the other raiders who do; especially if they go east or west.
    Who says you have to be with the raid hugging everyone? You can be within range of healers and close to your portal, warlocks have it easy. Don't have to worry about defile as much as others really. We got free reign pretty much with the platform and all during p2.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not only can a warlock use it, they should.

As mentioned, just watch your positioning: replant your teleporter when necessary. The valks move you towards the closest edge and then drop you - just make sure you'll be in range. (Also make sure your teleporter isn't in a Defile...)

Is there anything special to do this, or do they just click Teleport after the valkyr has them? My wife swears that it doesn't work for her. I suspect she's doing something wrong.

You can't teleport until after you've been dropped. Basically what I do is, I drop my portal on the edge the Val'kyrs will fly to then move in about 1/3rd of the way, just to be in range of the healers. If I get picked up, I tell the raid what mark my Val'kyr has and ask that they ignore it. When it moves off the platform, I spam my teleport button until it throws me back on the platform.

Just make sure you have your angles right. You don't want to tell people you're okay and then be out of range of the port. And make sure you refresh it every few rotations. You don't want it to despawn while you're flying out. :P

Aha! That clears things up. Thanks for the details.

Fel teleport is kinda mandatory for all warlocks on LK, on 10m you can basically stand at the edge all the time, ignoring the stacking for valkyrs. You basically only need to move for defile, or to reposition if the tank moves the LK. As said above, the teleport only works when you're falling down as the valkyrs will incapicitate you. I just spam my teleport button as the valkyr is about to drop me, so i get instantly teleported up as soon as she drops me. I'm not sure about 25m, but in 10m there doesn't seem to be any relation between distance to edge and valkyrs pickups, even when i was standing at the edge we still had pickups from the middle group. Be wary of defile though, as it's quite painful if you don't notice it getting dropped right on top of your teleport.