Wotlk: Smite Target Dummy Video

Surge of Light will be gone in Cata, so I figure I should release a few videos in memory of the spec that will never be. This is the first. Please excuse the resolution and the music. I will release a Holy Nova farming video in the next two days, stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4XM8doPYg

Also, let's not start a flame war over this. I'm not trying to prove anything. Smite sucks for raids, we all know that. With the same gear I can probably pull 5k as shadow, I also know that. So relax, and enjoy.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account
    You say Smite sucks for raids, but we're going to be doing quite a bit of it in Cata.

And I'll slam down people who try to start an argument over it, don't worry.

I meant the spec, not the spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf Smite, buff Wand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    I meant the spec, not the spell.
    I meant the concept, but yeah. Noted.

it's not bad, a similarly geared dps would double that damage tho.

Hopefully cataclysm will buff the damage more, it looks like it will be fun with evangelism and archangel and atonement, it will be nice to have a raid healer that can dps and switch to healing on the fly as needed.

Deleted
    Seriusly... ICC gear and u can't afford epic gems?

You also are no where near hit cap, you would need about 300 more hit rating if you actually intended on trying to dps with that spec. You also only enchanted one of your rings. If you queue as dps in a random heroic, expect to most likely get kicked. I'd vote to kick you most likely.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-08-31 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iso-lering View Post
    Seriusly... ICC gear and u can't afford epic gems?
    leveling enchant's expensive

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    You also are no where near hit cap, you would need about 300 more hit rating if you actually intended on trying to dps with that spec. You also only enchanted one of your rings. If you queue as dps in a random heroic, expect to most likely get kicked. I'd vote to kick you most likely.
    heroic 5 man is 82+ elites, hit cap is 158, do some research before you post.
    Last edited by Xelaeno; 2010-08-31 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana usage seems to be a large problem as well. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    heroic 5 man is 82+ elites, hit cap is 158, do some research before you post.
    Considering you have ICC gear, my statement was regarding raiding, but if you want to be technical, your hit rating is 152, which is less then 158, so you are still under hit cap. And in all honestly, if you are going to post on here a video you want us to watch, expect feedback. If you queued as DPS in ICC gear and pulled 3k dps you would be doing a disservice to the other people in the group who are properly spec'd to fill the roll they queued as. This is no different than a hunter standing there using melee attacks who says "I know I can do more dps if I use my ranged weapon, I just like hitting things instead". Do you know how annoying it is when you are geared and spec'd properly and just want to do a heroic and get in there and find someone who isn't pulling their own weight or using their full potential to fulfill their assigned role? It's not only annoying, but selfish, and that's why I would vote to kick you in a 5 man.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-08-31 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    The video is terrible, with the 51 point talent trees that was out for beta, a 5.2k gs priest with the right sockets, gears, etc I pushed out 6k holy dps Single target. I was able to SOLO none HC WOTLK instance trash with just Holy Nova. I was then doing instances in Cata (the first one mainly) I did it as top dps (signed as healer) I did around 2-3 healing spells per run. Rest was pure dmg, + talents healing + holy nova /dps/healing That spec easily comes up to around 10k dps on 4-5 enemy mobs and still heals about same as spam flash heal on 5 targets at once (+ pets etc)

Holy dps is currently around as good as it was in Wotlk, Meaning, It's useable but, dont expect to top dmg agiesnt pro people. Expect to be healing on rough groups or bosses. But you will still probably not end up last on dmg meter cus if u know ur spells. u can still do wonders!
    Last edited by mmocf741fb8a51; 2010-08-31 at 07:56 PM. Reason: tips

Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    Considering you have ICC gear, my statement was regarding raiding, but if you want to be technical, your hit rating is 152, which is less then 158, so you are still under hit cap. And in all honestly, if you are going to post on here a video you want us to watch, expect feedback. If you queued as DPS in ICC gear and pulled 3k dps you would be doing a disservice to the other people in the group who are properly spec'd to fill the roll they queued as. This is no different than a hunter standing there using melee attacks who says "I know I can do more dps if I use my ranged weapon, I just like hitting things instead". Do you know how annoying it is when you are geared and spec'd properly and just want to do a heroic and get in there and find someone who isn't pulling their own weight or using their full potential to fulfill their assigned role? It's not only annoying, but selfish, and that's why I would vote to kick you in a 5 man.
    I don't know where you got the 152 from, if you are talking about my armory, I spec disc healing too so I have several sets of gear that I switch around. In the video, my hit is 203. I don't know why you just assume everyone will pull 5k dps in random heroics. When I queue as healer, a typical group would have 2 dps over 3k while the remaining person who is either significantly undergeared or don't know their class pulls dps below what is done by the tank. I don't think I'm doing a disservice in violet hold healing using Smite spec and still beat 2 of the 3 dps on recount.

You assume too much.

---------- Post added 2010-09-01 at 03:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ameliaswe View Post
    The video is terrible, with the 51 point talent trees that was out for beta, a 5.2k gs priest with the right sockets, gears, etc I pushed out 6k holy dps Single target. I was able to SOLO none HC WOTLK instance trash with just Holy Nova. I was then doing instances in Cata (the first one mainly) I did it as top dps (signed as healer) I did around 2-3 healing spells per run. Rest was pure dmg, + talents healing + holy nova /dps/healing That spec easily comes up to around 10k dps on 4-5 enemy mobs and still heals about same as spam flash heal on 5 targets at once (+ pets etc)

Holy dps is currently around as good as it was in Wotlk, Meaning, It's useable but, dont expect to top dmg agiesnt pro people. Expect to be healing on rough groups or bosses. But you will still probably not end up last on dmg meter cus if u know ur spells. u can still do wonders!
    It says WOTLK on the topic. I like how people just pick up the most random prospective and flame on. So what if you can solo none HC wotlk instances in Cata Beta? I can solo none HC TBC instances on live Wotlk too, your point?

15+ Year Old Account
    And freeze.

I let this go on longer than it should have. That'll teach me for next time.