Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ok, i tamed him last night and attacked few mobs in borean to make sure he wont dissapear.I went to sleep after and today when i logged in he wa there.I went to Uldum to herb smthing and when i wanted to pick up herb some croco attacked me,i sent wolf to def me and he DISSAPEARED....

BUT THATS NOT ALL , AFTER I SWAPPED TO NORMAL WOLF MY OLD WOLFY 85 LVL AND HE DISSAPEARED ASWELL I MEAN WTF I JUST LOST MY PET WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ? IM AFRAID TO USE MY CAT NOW MAYBE SHE WILL DISSAP ASWELL ((

If any1 got same problem please help !

EDIT: I APPOLOGISE FOR THIS BUT I THINK I FOUND OUT PROBLEM... I FORGOT TO REMOVE MACRO FROM ''Q'' BUTTON AND I TOUGHT IT WAS MY SERPENT STING AND I CLICKED ON IT WOLFY DISSAPEARED CUS OF THAT !!! AND AFTER I USED MY OLD WOLFY CLICKED AGAIN Q BUTTON (TOTALY FORGOT THAT CLICKING MACRO WILL DISBAND MY PET) AND ON THE END I COUGHT NEW WOLF AND JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT MACRO IS REASON I LOST HIM AND I WAS RIGHT SO I TAMED NEW ONE AND FOR NOW HE IS STILL THERE

SO PPL BE CAREFULL IF U PUT MACRO ON SOME BUTTON U USE 1/2/3/q/e BE SURE TO REMOVE IT RIGHT AFTER U GET URE PET !!!! YEAH ON THE END SO STUPID OF ME (( !!!!

SRY FOR SPAM,REGARDS SICKTOUCH !!!
    Last edited by Sicktouch-61-; 2011-02-21 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktouch-61- View Post
    BUT THATS NOT ALL , AFTER I SWAPPED TO NORMAL WOLF MY OLD WOLFY 85 LVL AND HE DISSAPEARED ASWELL I MEAN WTF I JUST LOST MY PET WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ? IM AFRAID TO USE MY CAT NOW MAYBE SHE WILL DISSAP ASWELL ((

EDIT: I APPOLOGISE FOR THIS BUT I THINK I FOUND OUT PROBLEM... I FORGOT TO REMOVE MACRO FROM ''Q'' BUTTON AND I TOUGHT IT WAS MY SERPENT STING AND I CLICKED ON IT WOLFY DISSAPEARED CUS OF THAT !!! AND AFTER I USED MY OLD WOLFY CLICKED AGAIN Q BUTTON (TOTALY FORGOT THAT CLICKING MACRO WILL DISBAND MY PET) AND ON THE END I COUGHT NEW WOLF AND JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT MACRO IS REASON I LOST HIM AND I WAS RIGHT SO I TAMED NEW ONE AND FOR NOW HE IS STILL THERE

SO PPL BE CAREFULL IF U PUT MACRO ON SOME BUTTON U USE 1/2/3/q/e BE SURE TO REMOVE IT RIGHT AFTER U GET URE PET !!!! YEAH ON THE END SO STUPID OF ME (( !!!!

SRY FOR SPAM,REGARDS SICKTOUCH !!!
    I think your caps lock key got stuck.

Just tamed him on first attempt using the trap and feed method, and tamed a hawk on my third attempt useing the macro.

Deleted
    Got it on the first try ... pretty easy. (horde, no food or quest just regular trap taming)

Edit: Sicktouch-61-, honestly, you made my day!
    Last edited by mmoc2bf054c99f; 2011-02-22 at 09:26 AM.

Can anyone confirm what methods still work? I've been trying all night to get an oil-wolf using the /script PetAbandon() macro but nothing has worked so far.

says the video is private

Has anyone tamed this recently? Is the tame indeed "fixed" ??? =(

I lost the oil slick on mine. I may or may not have entered an arena with mine, but I just can't remember as it had been some time since I've actually had the wolf out. I noticed my Wolf lost the oil slick when I pulled it out for it's buff that a raid needed.

Now I am stuck with not having the skin and I don't particularly care for any other Wolf skin currently in the game and find myself yearning for the oil slick again!

I too would be curious to see if its still possible. I also fell victim to the misclick during arena prep

Anyone know if we still able to tame a oil stained wolf? Patch 5.3 currently, tried both method about Tame/Kill/Revive method and script method nothing works.

Last i remember that removed it at the end of Cata during a patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    A buncha gimmick pets were broken in, oh, I think 5.3 when a Taiwanese guild exploited a certain pet to do just completely ludicrous damage on... Spine, I think?

Stuff like the Oil-stained buff on the wolf, or the sword in head buff on that other wolf went bye. This is why we can't have nice things :(
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    A buncha gimmick pets were broken in, oh, I think 5.3 when a Taiwanese guild exploited a certain pet to do just completely ludicrous damage on... Spine, I think?

Stuff like the Oil-stained buff on the wolf, or the sword in head buff on that other wolf went bye. This is why we can't have nice things
    5.3 is Mop. But i think what you might be thinking of is the AQ boss Bugged with the Enraged damage buff and People Cheesing Heroic Rag.

my wolf is still there, but now I wish I had a backup in case I do something stupid like bring it to an arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    my wolf is still there, but now I wish I had a backup in case I do something stupid like bring it to an arena.
    Yeah I tamed myself a backup back when I first got it. Still sitting at level 77 in my stables, haven't taken it out in a while. When I tamed it I was level 80 and pets only went up to 3 levels below you. My primary one I've been using regularly for years, literally every day, and the is buff still there. I think as long as you avoid arena you're good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post

Stuff like the Oil-stained buff on the wolf, or the sword in head buff on that other wolf went bye. This is why we can't have nice things
    It was during Firelands / DS times Blizzard started paying attention to it, when they would tame the AQ40 boss Bug Trio thing, where you could tame the pet with a buff that gave around 100% damage and 150% haste to the pet. Would stay on the pet forever if you tamed it.

Pretty sure they fixed that kind of taming, but I think they let the players who tamed them, keep them..? Kinda like the Hydra.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Last i remember that removed it at the end of Cata during a patch.
    it was working from december 2012 to january 2013 again. but unfortunately they have fixed that and its currently not possible.
    checkout petopia forums from time to time to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    brought my burning battleboar to arena lately... i was so extremely p***ed...

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    it was working from december 2012 to january 2013 again. but unfortunately they have fixed that and its currently not possible.
    checkout petopia forums from time to time to see if it works.

brought my burning battleboar to arena lately... i was so extremely p***ed...
    Oh man my burning boar.. I miss logging in on WoW just for the swag <3

The Fiery Patch instead of raptor pet bug was the best so far. It looked same as Alysrazor's Brushfire ability.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Burning boar was great to see. I never had a hunter but my hunter friends had the best pets..... The original spirit wolf pet comes to mind, the one where you had to have several different haste buffs + bloodlust + traps to tame, and then if you missed the timing at all it failed because the shaman finished the transform. Or the worgen pet that got turned into a normal wolf in WoTLK, Worgen slavery at its finest.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't see any videos.
    Me neither. Looks like there's some problems with it.