67. This poll is closed
  • What are you on about ofc we like silly wings

61 91.04%
  • Agreed, wings are for greek heroes, Paul McCartney and chicken

6 8.96%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No we are not angels, are we?

Can someone explain to me why Blizzard thinks priests have some damn urge to look like a bookmark angel with rolling eyes, a cupid body and stupid wings on our backs? Are you guys really into that stuff? We got the Spirit of redemtion. I'm ok with that because it's a sort of after-life state. I don't enjoy it but it makes sense. In TBC there were cheers and jingle bells after introducing the T5 set and the priest on a stick-staff in BT, yay finally wings that we had been longing for always appearantly. Now archangel comes a long with new even more dull ones. Can't we leave the silly golden bird shoulders to the paladins or something. Give me a priest that looks like Max von Sydow in the Excorcist. Or just gimme something but please let me not have to wear wings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, talk about a biased poll. We either have to agree with you, or be silly.

The wings are awesome, I'm sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post

The wings are awesome, I'm sorry.
    ^this.

You can always reroll warlock if you want more dark themes or be shadow priest. Many options just pick one. And beside that priests apostles of the church and church isn't that far away from the angels like in terminology.
    I didn't come to play. I came to win.

Wait, so you want priest tier to look like a plain black robe with a cross on it? Goodness man, you have no imagination.

The truth is WOW is going to end up like lost.. We are all going to realize we have been dead the whole time.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wings make me look prettier, therefore wings are a good thing.

Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be opposed to that bad-ass "witch-hunter exorcist" kind of priest look either. It just happens that Blizzard didn't choose that approach, and went with a more angelic appearance for Priests.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2010-08-31 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want all the priests sets to look like the staring gear?
    Goodness this is a fantasy game. Its supposed to have pretty colors and wing and FLAMES OF HELL!!! oh wait those are locks not priests. oops. I love angel wings for priests.

Deleted
    If you want dark Priest, I can recommend going Warhammer Online and starting an Inquisitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we could have a robe like this http://vandeneynden.biz/blog/wp-cont...ck-wakeman.jpg I would give up the wings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    The truth is WOW is going to end up like lost.. We are all going to realize we have been dead the whole time.
    Wow. Is that the plot? I'm never going to watch that now.

THANKS FOR RUINING IT M8.

Also, what Greek heroes have wings? Hermes is a God, and they were wings on his feet. Icarus was hardly a hero, perhaps a protagonist at most.

edit2: I want the topic changed to discuss this.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-08-31 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    edit2: I want the topic changed to discuss this.
    YOUR WISH IS GRANTED! Yeah, he was probably thinking about Icarus who, as you pointed out, was not a god nor a hero, just a dumb kid who didn't understand the principle of heat.

OT: Wings are cool. I like wings. If you want a dark, inquisitor-esque priest, roll shadow and you can ride a wide variety of purple animals.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Is that seriously what happens?
    And yet.. I dont feel like i've missed out on anything by not watching the show.

Ok back to the topic.. the OP's poll is ridiculous.
    Priests, as a whole, are pretty die-hard about our class. We take the good, the bad, the unique and the downright silly, and we embrace it.

If you aren't comfortable in your priest 'skin', shed it and play a rogue. Or something..

I like the wings. The phrase "Angel of Death" comes to mind when you think of a Shadowpriest with these up melting your face off.

edit: haha, 88.9% in favour of the wings so far.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I like the wings. The phrase "Angel of Death" comes to mind when you think of a Shadowpriest with these up melting your face off.
    You just made me want to have a shadowpriest DPS cd named "Angel of Death", with wings and everything.

OT: As Ultima put it, Wings are awesome.

I want wings on my boots when using Body and Soul.

Blizzard, MAKE IT SO!

OOO, change the apparitions in shadow to be grim reaper sickles flying at you like the spinning things in ICC. They need to do AoE damage too, so if you DoT someone up and someone else runs in the path of the flying sickle, they will take damage too.

10+ Year Old Account
    i lol'd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I want wings on my boots when using Body and Soul.

Blizzard, MAKE IT SO!
    See, you can compare that to Greek mythology. OP; "watch this and learn from it"

Need more wings-- And cowbell.