Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethesae View Post
    I don't mind HoH in its current form. It has its uses, and restores a moderate amount of mana when you consider that it multiplies against most regen skills (except innervate)

It is a fairly clunky spell though, and I posted a long time ago when it first surfaced my idea for what Hymn of Hope should be:

Hymn of Hope - Instant Cast - X min cooldown
    The caster shifts into a prayer state where all heals heal the mana of the target instead of health. Spell costs are reduced by Y% and effectiveness is reduced by Z%. Lasts 8 seconds.

Perhaps CoH and PoH should be disabled during this state, though I dunno =D
    The problem is not the hymn mechanic, it's the effect. An 8sec channeled spell with 8 min cooldown is fun if it has an amazing effect. Divine Hymn is an awesome spell, and Hymn of Hope could be the same if its effect would diserve its cooldown and channeling durations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    The problem is not the hymn mechanic, it's the effect. An 8sec channeled spell with 8 min cooldown is fun if it has an amazing effect. Divine Hymn is an awesome spell, and Hymn of Hope could be the same if its effect would diserve its cooldown and channeling durations.
    HoH wasn't intended to be awesome, it was intended to be interesting, and situationally useful. If we had another awesome mana regen spell it would have further trivialized mana constraints in wrath.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The side effects can lead to heart failure, Seizures, Herpes, Death, Liver failure, Super Herpes, Un wanted pregnancy among woman and men, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Drunkeness, Loch Ness, MS, S&M,Painful urination, the need to construct addition pylons, and more mana.

Stop usage if any of these occur and wait 8 minutes for it to come off CD.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Hunting Party.

Judgement of the Wise.

Vampiric Touch (+ Mind Blast).

Improved Soul Leach.

Enduring Winter.
    Thunderstorm

Evocation

Rapid Recuperation

Divine Plea

Blessing of Sanctuary

Rapture

Dark Pact (since pet gets more mana)

The power of your Mana Burn

The power of Mana Drain

The power of Viper Sting
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    HoH wasn't intended to be awesome, it was intended to be interesting, and situationally useful. If we had another awesome mana regen spell it would have further trivialized mana constraints in wrath.
    I hope your not talking about sfiend and how "awesome" it is because most people will snare or kite that thing into oblivion... but yea its OP in PvE damn thing tunnel visions a mob day and night

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    The "maximum mana increase" portion of the effect makes Hymn more powerful when used in conjunction with other abilities that restore a percentage of max mana: Shadowfiend, Divine Plea, and Mana Tide are the big ones.
    you guys forgot that it can be synced with dispersion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Stuff.
    Swing and miss. I was basically saying that with an increased mana pool, Replenishment gives you more mana.

Yes, it's a side effect. It's only useful in 25 players PvE in combination with other skills, and yes, to combine HoH is not easy because it requieres 8 seconds of channeling. For the rest of content it's an absurd self mana burn. It's pathetic to justify a bad effect because it's useful in a single PvE fight. The spell is terrible.
    I don't understand how this effect is terrible. You temporarily gain 20% mana, yes you lose it after the buff runs out, but even if you failed to time it with the paladins plea or the shamans mana tide you STILL gained more mana than you would have from replinishment andpossibly rapture if you are disc. The 20% mana doesn't require you to channel for 8 seconds, only the 3% mana per seconds part does. So if you channel this spell for less than a global cooldown, you would STILL gain mana to yourself and to everyone around you. How is that useless in all fights except one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    I don't understand how this effect is terrible. You temporarily gain 20% mana, yes you lose it after the buff runs out, but even if you failed to time it with the paladins plea or the shamans mana tide you STILL gained more mana than you would have from replinishment andpossibly rapture if you are disc. The 20% mana doesn't require you to channel for 8 seconds, only the 3% mana per seconds part does. So if you channel this spell for less than a global cooldown, you would STILL gain mana to yourself and to everyone around you. How is that useless in all fights except one?
    Exactly! You won Elessa! One interwebz for yo! =D

Deleted
    Hym is used to boost shadowfiend or for high end pve fights. Stil dont like it after knowing that go ahead and be noob.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Swing and miss. I was basically saying that with an increased mana pool, Replenishment gives you more mana.
    My Thunderstorm seems to fuel my mana more with Hymn then without, so what's the difference?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    My only point was Replenishment, a constant 100% up-time buff. There are others, but Zeuq pretty much covered it. I was being extravagant.

http://talesofapriest.com/?p=227 gives a good breakdown of this... very few people seem to realize that hymns stack together, multiple priests channeling at the same time makes it pretty lucrative in terms of mana regen

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    The mana is lost if you don't waste it in 8s, that is what I'm complaining for. Try to use it in a dungeon or in PvP, before you and your mates can spend the mana restored the mana disappears, that is the reason why I call it "fake hope". Ofc in 25 players raids it buffs other sources of mana, but for the rest of content Hymn of Hope is an underpowered spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    talesofapriest.com/blabla gives a good breakdown of this... very few people seem to realize that hymns stack together, multiple priests channeling at the same time makes it pretty lucrative in terms of mana regen
    Tales of a Priest explain this very well =) Right on the spot =)

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    I hope your not talking about sfiend and how "awesome" it is because most people will snare or kite that thing into oblivion... but yea its OP in PvE damn thing tunnel visions a mob day and night
    no - our awesome pve regen mechanics are rapture & holy concentration in pve. I guess we don't have any awesome pvp regen mechanics

The mana is lost if you don't waste it in 8s, that is what I'm complaining for. Try to use it in a dungeon or in PvP, before you and your mates can spend the mana restored the mana disappears, that is the reason why I call it "fake hope". Ofc in 25 players raids it buffs other sources of mana, but for the rest of content Hymn of Hope is an underpowered spell.
    There 20% increased mana effect isn't that useful for pvp I agree with that, but you still get the 3% mana per second thing, which is awesome even though you need to channel it.