View Poll Results: WoW Tat, good or bad?

Voters
453. This poll is closed
  • I'm actually thinking about getting/have one already

101 22.30%
  • More power to you, just not for me

127 28.04%
  • Meh, probably not a good idea

99 21.85%
  • Your a dumbass

126 27.81%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I think as long as you don't want to have WoW logo or Blizzard on your arm i think you can take any faction logo and put it as a tatoo, i mean, its just a symbol, we recognise it as a faction, when other people will see it, they will just say 'nice tatoo, what is it?", of course you can anwser two ways
    a) Geek way "oh its a world of warcraft faction, you know the orcs i have a 80 lvl one and i raid...."
    b) normal way "Yeah i know, i love it, its just a symbol i saw in a game(or say tattoo shop) and decided to get one"
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Tbh, Warcraft has a lot of awesome artwork, symbols and figures that would do well with being a tattoo (See: the Troll symbol tattoo posted), but to be honest, I would never even consider getting a "WoW" tattoo that states "I play WoW". Remember, it will be with you for life. Or it will be very painful to remove... :P

If you find a symbol or w/e from the artwork they've made that you really really like, then go ahead I suppose, though I'd be wary of getting something that reminds you off WoW specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch View Post
    Get the crest of fucking Gnomeregan, now that's legit!
    QFT

If you end up hating wow, you can just pretend you are a greaser.

Deleted
    I would go through with it myself a couple of times before deciding it, because you need to think of it at something special to you, not just because it's cool.
    When you look at it, you'll either laugh or cry and be happy or sad, it has to remind you of something great, something you would want to be remembered of the rest of your life. If you get it for looks and coolness, it's stupid. But otherwise, it really sounds like freaking great idea, I've been thinking of it myself, since WoW is a big part of my life.

If people ask what it means to you, don't be shy, tell them what great battles you've fought, all your epic adventures, what it means to you and be epicly lore-ish! That's atleast what I would do, if I had such a tattoo.

Either way, it's your body, your choice. Other peoples opinions wouldn't matter to me, but it's your call who you ask.

Anyone in this thread that says "Don't do it. You won't like it in XXX amount of time." should be punched directly in the dick and/or vagina until sterility occurs.

You people obviously haven't got a clue why people get tattoos. It's not a "hey, this would be a cool thing today" kind of thought. It's a reminder of times, good or bad. You look at the tattoo and memories come flooding back.

If, by your logic, looking at a tattoo as a 'fad that fades', the same shit applies to anything that marks reminders. A scar. A wedding ring. Pictures. "Yeah, scars are stupid. Anyone who gets a scar is stupid.", "Yeah dude, your wedding will be a mistake in a few weeks!", and "Anyone who takes pictures to remember something is an idiot.".

See how stupid that sounds?

To OP: Do whatever the fuck you want. You're going to be the same worm food as every other dipshit, your life will just be more enriched with immateriality than others.

---------- Post added 2010-09-01 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    If you want a tat and not screw up your future career or whatever. get it on your back.
    This is basically the most ignorant post in this entire fucking thread. Do you live in 1975-1990?

15+ Year Old Account
    I say do whatever makes you happy. All the naysayers who spout off the game will be gone in a few years are right. However, the main point of tattooing these days is to have a memento of a special event/person/whatever at a certain point. A reminder of not only of how your life was, but how far you have come since. So if you can afford it, and you believe wow is a proper moment to capture in your life then do it.

If your intent on the crest is to say "I play horde cause horde roxxorz alliance KEK MOK'AHL"
    Then yes, you're a dumbass.

BUT.
    If the intent is to take the CONCEPTS behind the crest (Strength, honor, and pride) and affix them to your body to remind yourself of what you are / what you want to be.

That's perfectly acceptable, and that's a great idea.

And to all of you who say "Dumb idea" and "wow will get old" Sure, wow will get old, and people will eventually forget about wow but hey -- I know I won't. I grew up playing warcraft. Now sure, a generation or two down the line, they won't know what the hell Horde or Alliance mean.

But you don't get tattoos to make people think you're cool. You get tattoos to never forget.
    My friend has his father's date of death tattoo'd onto his shoulder so he never forgets.
    Another friend's dad has a tattoo of the american flag to represent freedom, and so he'll never forget that even if America is nuked into oblivion the next day, and he's washed up on the shore of japan, he'll know he is an american, and that the flag still represents 'justice and liberty for all (except muslims)' You can debate on the validity of that statement at your leisure.

TL DR?
    Here's the cliff notes (Cheaters)

If it's because you're a horde fanboy and you want to show your dedication to thrall: no.
    If it's because you want to keep the 'strength, pride, and honor' of the horde mentality alive: yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be quite silly.
    But then again I'm not HARDCORE into WoW... Just think ahead, will you still be into WoW 10+ years from now?
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

If it would mean something to you, rather than just "Look, I has tattoo, cool guy", I'd say go for it. Wear it with pride.
    Also, I must say I'm getting rather annoyed with some. "Put it on your back/shoulder/whatever, making it less obvious if you ever need a job". Screw that. I've got a rather big tattoo on my left arm, and I've never been denied a job having it. Put it wherever you want. You wouldn't ask someone with a disturbing face to put it on their back to make it less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    I think it'd be quite silly.
    But then again I'm not HARDCORE into WoW... Just think ahead, will you still be into WoW 10+ years from now?
    IT'S ART YOU NUMB NUTS. He could fucking hate WoW right now but still love the damn Horde symbol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If WoW means something to you - the friendships, the fun, the excitement, etc - then go for it.

Just remember tattoos are permanent - WoW is not.

I'm thinking about getting one.

Something to do with that race I always talk about. You know, Dwarfs.

Something about hearing or reading "For Khaz'Modan!" that is, just awesome.

Might get an Anvil with the Dwarfish Crest on it, and "For Khaz'Modan!" under it or something.

This sounds cool right now. But will it in 15 years? When i'm pushing 40. When you are this age?(if not already)

But more power to you. and post it if you get it done!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathian View Post
    IT'S ART YOU NUMB NUTS. He could fucking hate WoW right now but still love the damn Horde symbol.
    Usually when people get tattoos they get something that means a lot to them. He may play WoW now and have sort of 'Horde pride' but that does not mean he will in the future. I like a lot of symbols doesn't mean I'm gunna go out and get a permanent mark on my body, just because I liked it.
    Besides, anytime someone asked about it he would have to be like 'Oh I used to play WoW...'

If you get a tattoo you should be SURE you're not going to regret it later.

Also... What is your problem? Why the hostility? He asked a question and I answered it, Im not the only one saying it could be a mistake.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

everyone will laugh at it :<

Deleted
    old thread i know but.. ive been playing wow for a long time but recently im bored of it and dont exactly want to play it anymore. but i still love the look of the horde crest and want it tattood myself but not because its a thing from wow but because i like the design of it. ive shown it to ppl ive even shown it to the guy who will tattoo it and everone even my mother likes it and they dont play wow. my m8 likes it but hes like meh its from wow, but really who cares. as someone else said people get football emblems tattooed and even their girlfiends/boyfriends name wich is more stupid than a tattoo from a game.
    my dad has tigger tattood on his leg, my ex has thumper on her arm, but no one is judgemental about that at the end of the day getting a tattoo that is fromk the warcraft artwork is no differant from any other tattoo. flowers,animals,names,sports logo, pin up girls.movies etc you name it. its no differant
    and if anyone is going to get a tat then they best make sure they think about it for a long long time and make sure they want it and if u still want it after say 5 months then its the real thing not just a fad spur of the moment thing
    Last edited by mmocf04940e26a; 2011-03-23 at 01:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For all tattoo related discussions, please post here

[Locked]