Deleted

Healadins at bgs & 2v2

Well I'm looking for some advice at how to pvp as a holy paladin, general tips and so. I usually pve so I'm a litte lost on pvp.

actually my spec is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxIdxh...gdxGkhb:bTizcM

And now I'm interested mainly in how to bg so I can gear up a little, and then start doing 2v2 with a DK. I'm also looking for advices at that combo, DK+Holy, what to take care about, trickts etc.

Thx for helps.
    Last edited by mmoc64d91a2d32; 2010-09-01 at 11:46 PM. Reason: fixd being lost in pve while focused on pve so we put a pve into your pve so you can pve while you pve. Dawg.

Deleted
    thx 4 nothing.

Deleted
    Bind bubble to your space bar.
    On a serious note
    If you need help playing a holy paladin please... Just finish primary skool you make rockhorn a sad panda >:
    On another serious note
    Check arenajunkies forums should be some macro's over there if holy paladins actually use those
    and some tips and discussions on the paladin discussion forums.

Oh noes, half of america is asleep so they can't answer my question about PvP in a fantasy, now I have to be rude to everyone that actually considered saying something because the world will die if noone answers now!
    Meanwhile the world is dying I am unable to search it out myslef using Google or looking 10min at Arenajunkies, what to do, what to do?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sxIdxh0sVuctGdxGzur:Tij

Pretty standard Holydin PVP build.

With DK/Paladin just tell your DK partner to spread diseases(I hope he has an ICC tier 2 wep/Smourne) and do damage, keep yourself alive and your DK out of CC, hammer healers and gib them or their DPS partner, but make sure to coordinate this. Just stay near a pillar and do your thing. Divine Plea as often as possible, just tell your DK so that he goes defensive and he kites off opposing purgers(shamans/priests/fellhunters) while you run around the pillar with freedom up. Be prepared for long matches.

The Spec suggested above is nice, but personally i don't use light's grace in arena. Keep sacred shield up on the opposing team's target whether it be you or the DK. I've found using Seal of the Righteous most affective when working this composition because the judgment hits the hardest. What we normally do is Have the DK save up some runic power, start to burn down the healer I'll cast exorcism and holy shock offensively then use hammer of justice use my choice of judgment, shield of the righteous then Holy shock again. I have the BE silence I don't know if you do but that helps there as well. The DK has mind freeze, strangulate and a pet stun so you should be able to burn down a healer or at least make them blow some CD's.

Side note: Hand of Sacrifice and Divine Sacrifice are very useful against rogues, mages, and hunters. Once you get more experience you'll start to know when your going to get blinded, pollied etc. So you can pop that ahead of time and it'll break they're CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockhorn View Post
    Bind bubble to your space bar.
    On a serious note
    If you need help playing a holy paladin please... Just finish primary skool you make rockhorn a sad panda >:
    On another serious note
    Check arenajunkies forums should be some macro's over there if holy paladins actually use those
    and some tips and discussions on the paladin discussion forums.
    Macros != tips. And who said I didn't looked up first on arenajunkies? I'm just looking for some more constructive comments like the last two posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in arena for a long time and all I can say is it doesn't help very much to ask a forum for help on your class in PvP because you're going to have to do what works for you best. And in all honesty, if you have any friends that could carry you, players learn the MOST about their own class while being carried. Usually they'll be there second by second to tell you what to do, when to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Macros != tips. And who said I didn't looked up first on arenajunkies? I'm just looking for some more constructive comments like the last two posts.
    then u proly did not checked AJ well....

One thing to learn as Holy Pala is "When to melee?"

Especially against resto-druids, resto-shamans and other holy pallies you WANT to melee. Let your DK decide what the target is (usually the more squishy one) and attack it with him! You need to make sure, that there is no imminent danger of being burstet yourself or worse - manadrained. Hence the aforementioned healers.

1. you get Mana
    2. you raise the pressure
    3. you get Mana! Did I mention?

Naturally you can't just run "out there" and melee all you like.
    Keep a close eye to your mates HP-bar and watch those pesky CD-combos (heroism+Whirlwind = dead DK). But if you can make sure, that there's noone to drain your mana - especially when it's another healadin - hit it! If the other healadin does NOT melee, he WILL (he must) lose the mana race.

Seal of wisdom is your friend, never ever use the light one. 5% more healing does not equate the reduced cost (think of overheal) nor the ability to gain mana by hitting someone.

Time your hammer! Whom to hit - in order of importance:
    - Discpriest or one DD (if its a ret, hit the other guy!) out of a 2DD-Combo beating the shit outa you/your mate
    - holy pala
    - shadowpriest
    - hunter

primarily you want to hit the target, that is capable of dispelling your hammer. A combo of priest and ret-pala makes your hammer essentialy an interrupt - nothing more, nothing less - since both can (and in most cases will) dispell it.

WHEN to hammer?
    - Time it with your mate. If the DD is low on health, raise the pressure even more by hammering the healer. If the oposite healer is far away from his mate, hammer him in combination with your DKs CDs.
    - If 2 DDs are hitting too hard, get one out of combat at least for some time. Preferably the one, that will not get out of your hammer.

Ones that DO get out at (almost) no cost:
    - mage - blink
    - ret - hand of freedom
    - anyone with a free insignia

The last one is a pretty important thing to do. Hammer the healer when his mate is low on health. He will use his trinket, which in turn leaves him open to stuns/roots of your mate.

There is a TON more to tell, but as others stated already: Go out, fight! Get an idea of how, when and on whom to do what. No strategy will get you the wisdom of having found it out yourself.

Fiercon

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    One thing to learn as Holy Pala is "When to melee?"

Especially against resto-druids, resto-shamans and other holy pallies you WANT to melee. Let your DK decide what the target is (usually the more squishy one) and attack it with him! You need to make sure, that there is no imminent danger of being burstet yourself or worse - manadrained. Hence the aforementioned healers.

1. you get Mana
    2. you raise the pressure
    3. you get Mana! Did I mention?

Naturally you can't just run "out there" and melee all you like.
    Keep a close eye to your mates HP-bar and watch those pesky CD-combos (heroism+Whirlwind = dead DK). But if you can make sure, that there's noone to drain your mana - especially when it's another healadin - hit it! If the other healadin does NOT melee, he WILL (he must) lose the mana race.

Seal of wisdom is your friend, never ever use the light one. 5% more healing does not equate the reduced cost (think of overheal) nor the ability to gain mana by hitting someone.

Time your hammer! Whom to hit - in order of importance:
    - Discpriest or one DD (if its a ret, hit the other guy!) out of a 2DD-Combo beating the shit outa you/your mate
    - holy pala
    - shadowpriest
    - hunter

primarily you want to hit the target, that is capable of dispelling your hammer. A combo of priest and ret-pala makes your hammer essentialy an interrupt - nothing more, nothing less - since both can (and in most cases will) dispell it.

WHEN to hammer?
    - Time it with your mate. If the DD is low on health, raise the pressure even more by hammering the healer. If the oposite healer is far away from his mate, hammer him in combination with your DKs CDs.
    - If 2 DDs are hitting too hard, get one out of combat at least for some time. Preferably the one, that will not get out of your hammer.

Ones that DO get out at (almost) no cost:
    - mage - blink
    - ret - hand of freedom
    - anyone with a free insignia

The last one is a pretty important thing to do. Hammer the healer when his mate is low on health. He will use his trinket, which in turn leaves him open to stuns/roots of your mate.

There is a TON more to tell, but as others stated already: Go out, fight! Get an idea of how, when and on whom to do what. No strategy will get you the wisdom of having found it out yourself.

Fiercon
    I wouldn't melee a Rshaman tbh, chances are he'll get more mana than you from that, while Holydins are able to outlast Rshamans already if they have any half-decent teammate.

Your other advice and especially the Seal of Wisdom advice is true however. I included Light without thinking. It's basically a personal choice however, depends on what you like/use and also depends on bracket. For 2's Wisdom is better indeed tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    I wouldn't melee a Rshaman tbh, chances are he'll get more mana than you from that, while Holydins are able to outlast Rshamans already if they have any half-decent teammate.
    Thanks for pointing that one out. I never bothered thinking about the Rshamans managain through ... watershield, right?
    In general though: If your teammate is attacking the Rshaman - so should you! It's unimportant where he gets his orbs from, if someones hitting him, it might as well be the two of you.
    Your other advice and especially the Seal of Wisdom advice is true however. I included Light without thinking. It's basically a personal choice however, depends on what you like/use and also depends on bracket. For 2's Wisdom is better indeed tho.
    Thank you - and about the personal choice: You're absolutely right, in the end that is, what it all boils down to.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one have have mentioned it yet but yeah: Make love to a pillar. ALWAYS. Never run out in the open as a paladin. You get vulerable to switches and cc. Only time you should move out is when you gotta give freedom for example cause it only got 20 yards range or when you are gonna hammer. Paladins should never have a mana problem in 2v2. Except for 2 cases. Warlock teams where you can just auto hit the pet 24/7 or Mage/Priest which is a real pain as a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    No one have have mentioned it yet but yeah: Make love to a pillar. ALWAYS. Never run out in the open as a paladin. You get vulerable to switches and cc. Only time you should move out is when you gotta give freedom for example cause it only got 20 yards range or when you are gonna hammer. Paladins should never have a mana problem in 2v2. Except for 2 cases. Warlock teams where you can just auto hit the pet 24/7 or Mage/Priest which is a real pain as a paladin.
    Paladins humping pillars no matter what are the ones, I am winning against no matter what. Paladin + DD is in 90% a "get out and DPS the DD with your mate" case. Especially if the other pala just humps the wall and tries to outheal me.

description of Pala+DD fight:
    In no case (no, not even a bladestorming Warrior) can one DD cause more problems to you and your mate (especially your mate, that is a DK) if you stand close to the DD.
    Point is: If you hump the pillar, you don't get any damage and are less susceptible of CC - granted.
    If you ARE out there, pushing your ~800 DPS on top - against another palyhealer - only ONE particular thing can be dangerous. Your mate gets so much damage, that you run the risk of being CCed just NOW. And to be honest, a single DD should not be able to achieve that.

You get Mana, you put more pressure on the other DD and force the Paly healer to heal more constantly - effectively emtying his manabar. And on top of all that, with beacon active there's no reason not to take damage. You heal your mate, you heal yourself. The enemy paladin will only be able to stun you once in a while, so there's no counterspell/CC-chain there.

Combos to special attention to:
    - Pala/rogue: if pressure on your mate gets to high DON'T forget to put hand of sacrifice on your mate. Being blinded in that case can be deadly - taking damage prevents you from being blinded - problem solved

- Pala/mage: special case. Really. Every frostmage fight is different. Some can't cope with a meleeing paladin and are easily overwhelmed but most are clever CC-bitches. So here too - make sure your mate is "hand of sacrifice"d when it's getting tight. Use your insignia on the first sheep to make subsequent sheeps "benefit" from the dimishing returns AND have the frostmage to target and sheep you again. Mages need to be light-judged (not Mana). You won't get as much swings on the mage as on any other class, so at least your mate should get some health out of him.

There's no other Pala-DD-combo I can think of, where meleeing would cause special problems.

Deleted
    Imo, change glyph to seal of wisdom (seal of wisdom + judgement of light, justice if druid/hunter etc), and use that as baseline. (especially if you do 2v2, most fights for you vs dps + healer will be about whos mana lasts longer). I'd also advice you to pick up imp hammer of justice, and change glyph from FoL to turn evil. You don't want a cast time when you are about to fear lock pet/dk gargoyle.

And hump them pillars.

And get 5% hit if you don't already. Missing hammer is a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2010-09-07 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Imo, change glyph to seal of wisdom (seal of wisdom + judgement of light, justice if druid/hunter etc), and use that as baseline. (especially if you do 2v2, most fights for you vs dps + healer will be about whos mana lasts longer). I'd also advice you to pick up imp hammer of justice, and change glyph from FoL to turn evil. You don't want a cast time when you are about to fear lock pet/dk gargoyle.

And hump them pillars.

And get 5% hit if you don't already. Missing hammer is a pain in the ass.
    QFT - though the humping part ist subject to discussion ... Be aware though: Your judgement of justice does NOT profit from enlightened judgments so it WON'T hit at 40 but merely 10 yards!

just dont play with a dk, its a very weak combo. even weaker if the dk doesnt have access to insane pve gear.
    otherwise, full pvp geared dk keeps u longer "ingame" arenawise, so u may benefit from longer games, due to more experience gained.

Deleted
    And here we are with a decent amount of tips and discussion

Thank u guys

---------- Post added 2010-09-08 at 03:15 AM ----------

I've found a combo that I cannot counter... disc+rogue.

He saps me, then stunlocks de DK, then jumps to me asap i'm ot of the sap and stuns me, when I EMFH the priest fears me and I hessitate to throw Div Shield so soon, so let the fear ends and... DK down.

I'm also looking for some advice to my mate. We two are quite n00bz at pvp