Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Improved Inner Fire=To be Removed

Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-09-03 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you like this change? Hate it? Why should we care either way?

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you like this change? Hate it? Why should we care either way?
    Of course i like it. A mandatory 3 point talents is being taken away. Why shouldn't I be happy?

Deleted
    Finally!

It's to be redesigned and not removed.
    But still good to see this

I would prefer to see it completely removed and just bake in whatever it does to the spell itself.

However, there are a few options for it if it's redesigned. At the very least, though, it should include a bonus for Inner Will as well. And it should probably be swapped with Mental Agility and probably only a 2 point talent. The reason being that, as it is, Shadow is forced to take Mental Agility, and Holy chooses between the bonus Spell Power from this or the Haste in Shadow. I think it would be a better build for Shadow not to be forced to take it, and it would be a more interesting choice for Holy to choose between efficiency vs. Haste rather than SP vs. Haste.

I could also see it being changed to be primarily a PVP talent, perhaps just boosting armor (as a replacement for the current glyph) or maybe adding some PVP type effect to it (like the current Blessed Recovery or Spell Warding).

Either way, this looks to be promising because, as it stands in the current builds, it's just the new Meditation, where both Holy and Shadow are essentially forced to spec far enough into Discipline to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq View Post
    it should include a bonus for Inner Will as well.
    This. I'm pretty sure it's why it's flagged "TBR".

Okay.

Hopefully they'll roll the effect into something else. It's really kind of a waste of 3 points.

Like put it in soul warding or something.

I'd like to see it redesigned into a talent that boosts the Armor of Inner Fire and the movement bonus speed of Inner Will. Making it what is essentially a pure PvP talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    I'd like to see it redesigned into a talent that boosts the Armor of Inner Fire and the movement bonus speed of Inner Will. Making it what is essentially a pure PvP talent.
    It would still increase a large portion of the spell power part of Inner Fire though, at least in the first few tiers where we dont have as much SP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    It would still increase a large portion of the spell power part of Inner Fire though, at least in the first few tiers where we dont have as much SP
    I think he meant making it work like the glyph, "Increases the armor bonus of your Inner Fire by X%", so it would have no effect on the spell power bonus.

Should remove it, and just make inner fire 15% more effective

Buff my buff talents are being removed. Theres no point in saying make it give 15% more armor for talenting.. Just bake it into the class itself. = sorted.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've been over this Oweena. They said they are going to try to remove "buff my raid buff" talents. Not self-buffing buff buffs.

I don't really have a problem with this talent specifically, but Shadow doesn't have much of a choice given that Archangel can't be taken with three points in Improved Inner Fire, the only other option is to take some other PvP or mediocre talent. Even as Holy skipping over Evangelism and Archangel seems like an option if Veiled Shadows turns out to be useful, even with the nerf.
    Last edited by Sny; 2010-09-02 at 11:20 PM.

Good news! It was too mandatory for PvP.

I have never been discipline so probably my question will sound stupid. Power Word: Shield cooldown in Cataclysm is 4 or 3? With Sould Warding is reduced to 1 or 0? The talent is a bit too expensive, but maybe I could add it to my PvP build in combination with Body and Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! I can't wait to see how they redesign it O: IT BETTER BE GOOD lol
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

It'll probably include Inner Will and be called something lame like Inner Strength; increasing the armor contribution and movement speed of said buffs.

EDIT: I thought TBR meant To Be Redone, not removed?
    Last edited by Radux; 2010-09-03 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    Good news! It was too mandatory for PvP.

I have never been discipline so probably my question will sound stupid. Power Word: Shield cooldown in Cataclysm is 4 or 3? With Sould Warding is reduced to 1 or 0? The talent is a bit too expensive, but maybe I could add it to my PvP build in combination with Body and Soul.
    Yes, PW:S cooldown is 3 sec now. And Soul Warding reduces it to 0 but 1 point per sec is too expansive for a non-disc spec.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Yes, PW:S cooldown is 3 sec now. And Soul Warding reduces it to 0 but 1 point per sec is too expansive for a non-disc spec.
    Depends. I can see a build with stronger B&S enabled shields with no CD for holy quite useful (Imp. PW:S + Soul Warding combo), especially for PVP. I'm still not convinced Evangelism+Archangel cuts it for holy (especially without the old Surge of Light) and Imp. Inner Fire might not even be a choice.