Hey little Priests! I need your advice!

I have played 8/10 classes i have played at high lvl. One that i havent, is a priest.

I have decided to level 2 toons to 85. A goblin Shaman for horde, bc i love healing and goblin look fun.

and a worgen priest for alliance. I have never played a priest like i said. I wanna play something different this expac.

are they a fun "main" to have. Im gonna start leveling one in full boas. I dont want to be disapointed.

but i see tons of shadow priest in pvp that are beast, and disc in pvp looks like a blast too!

some feedback would be appreciated. Thanks priesties!

IMO holy is a main character, you have to love it, and payers who love it never leave it. Priests with mixed feelings always end playing shadow or discipline. Both specs are fun and tough enough to enjoy PvE and PvP as alter. On the other hand, holy needs more learning, practice, and the most important: patience.

FMV if you have already played a warlock and a mage, a shadowpriest won't offer you nothing new. But Discipline is really different from other healers. In my guild alterlover players has ended with priest as their favorite alter. None of them are holy, only a few are shadow, an the majority plays discipline. So:

-Chose a shadowpriest if you really love casters because shadow is not different enough from warlock or mage. However worgen in shadowform sounds really cool.

-Take discipline if you just one another alter, it's easy, powerful, fun, and different from the rest of healers. Besides it's a really good option to play arenas.

-Take holy only if you want a challenge. Holy is the most fragile spec, but the most powerful at the same time. A single holy priest can save a whipe or win a battleground, but often requieres too much time and patience. Holy priests are gods in training.

Priests never cease to entertain, Holy priest healing has always been the most challenging, fun, and rewarding healing style for me, and this is coming from someone who only plays healers, my Shaman, Druid, Pally, and priest are all mainly healers.

As for DPS, Shadow has always had the most challenging rotation next to feral dps, at the same time it felt like you has the most control over it. The balance of DoTs, Nukes, and Channel spells makes it feel different then other dps rotations.

And Disc makes you feel special and useful, filling a niche no other healer can fill.

Everyone has always loved priests and for good reason. We fucking rule.

My alt is a priest, and while Zoros states Discipline and Shadow are usually the speccs that alt priests choose, I actually don't mind which specc I play. All speccs are easily picked up and played with patience and time to learn them. Although I do agree Discipline was the easiest as it's basically shield spamming. If you do go down the track of levelling a priest though, just be warned that at lower levels they really are a pain to level. Die easily, run out of mana quickly and don't do huge amounts of damage until you reach Shadowform. (Although what I just said may have changed dramatically since I levelled my priest in BC).

Either way, a priest is an amazing class to play and I enjoy playing it just as much as I do my main.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    Take discipline if you just one another alter, it's easy, powerful, fun, and different from the rest of healers. Besides it's a really good option to play arenas.
    Alt my ass, disc for life. Shadow second spec so I can do BGs while still maintaining a disc PvE spec when I'm not doing arenas.
    It is definitely unique as a healer spec, focusing on absorbs with a ton of offensive potential.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Little"?

He refers to the gnome priests! :P

My advice is to play shadow, it's just awesome, super, mega, fun.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea priests kick asss in all ways
    nothing bubbles like a disco bishop
    nothing heals like a holy moly
    shadow?? i dont do shadow :/
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazza23 View Post
    My alt is a priest, and while Zoros states Discipline and Shadow are usually the speccs that alt priests choose, I actually don't mind which specc I play. All speccs are easily picked up and played with patience and time to learn them. Although I do agree Discipline was the easiest as it's basically shield spamming. If you do go down the track of levelling a priest though, just be warned that at lower levels they really are a pain to level. Die easily, run out of mana quickly and don't do huge amounts of damage until you reach Shadowform. (Although what I just said may have changed dramatically since I levelled my priest in BC).

Either way, a priest is an amazing class to play and I enjoy playing it just as much as I do my main.
    You might have wanted to try a holy offensive spec with points in Spirit tap to start with... :P It is much more powerful and mana efficient than shadow until you can pick up improved shadow form... pretty much. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    IMO holy is a main character, you have to love it, and payers who love it never leave it. .
    sorry i left it back in kara after 2nd kill to prince and went shadow so that i can heal myself , override boss mechanics and the happy thought that i wont have to cope with retarded groups and tanks anymore yey

to op : go shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Kalas View Post
    Alt my ass, disc for life. Shadow second spec so I can do BGs while still maintaining a disc PvE spec when I'm not doing arenas.
    It is definitely unique as a healer spec, focusing on absorbs with a ton of offensive potential.
    Amen!